HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Can iPhone users record phone conversations on their iphone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #1

Can iPhone users record phone conversations on their iphone?

My dad has been asking me to help him download a app that could allow him to record phone conversations on his new IPhone X. Apparently, we tried a few apps and it could not even work out. Then my dad contacted his phone service provider, and they said that new iPhones do not allow phone users to record phone conversations. They directed us to ask Apple whether something could be installed on the IPhone X to allow phone conversations to be recorded. Any solutions? Coz it seemed very important for my dad to record his phone conversations?

Not the usual recordings but recordings of incoming and outgoing calls from IPhones. Any solutions and recommendations?
Icecreampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #2

You can't record phone conversations unless jailbroken.
Apps wouldn't be able to record phone call conversations because it'll be against App Store rules.
You're better off conversing with the iPhone in speaker mode and recording through another device.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #3

Just get a bluetooth recording device. Your phone's audio output will be re-rerouted to the bluetooth device and it can be recorded there. Infact any phone with bluetooth can make this work.
iCubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #4

Thanks! I rather advise my dad to use speaker and then record the conversation instead of jailbreaking it (later no have warranty) ...
Icecreampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

My dad has been asking me to help him download a app that could allow him to record phone conversations on his new IPhone X. Apparently, we tried a few apps and it could not even work out. Then my dad contacted his phone service provider, and they said that new iPhones do not allow phone users to record phone conversations. They directed us to ask Apple whether something could be installed on the IPhone X to allow phone conversations to be recorded. Any solutions? Coz it seemed very important for my dad to record his phone conversations?

Not the usual recordings but recordings of incoming and outgoing calls from IPhones. Any solutions and recommendations?
Throw away Iphone and buy Android phone if die die want to record phone conversation.
delceer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #6
Honorary Member

You can't record phone conversations unless jailbroken.
Apps wouldn't be able to record phone call conversations because it'll be against App Store rules.
You're better off conversing with the iPhone in speaker mode and recording through another device.

surprised its against app store rules.
sometimes we need a tele-conversation as a back up.
Old 15-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #7
Honorary Member

Just get a bluetooth recording device. Your phone's audio output will be re-rerouted to the bluetooth device and it can be recorded there. Infact any phone with bluetooth can make this work.

umm, interesting, easily available locally?

sony has one and it ain't cheap S$ 429.001(inclusive of GST)
http://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/v...ers/icd-sx2000
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.