Can iPhone users record phone conversations on their iphone?

Icecreampop

Banned
Reaction score
My dad has been asking me to help him download a app that could allow him to record phone conversations on his new IPhone X. Apparently, we tried a few apps and it could not even work out. Then my dad contacted his phone service provider, and they said that new iPhones do not allow phone users to record phone conversations. They directed us to ask Apple whether something could be installed on the IPhone X to allow phone conversations to be recorded. Any solutions? Coz it seemed very important for my dad to record his phone conversations?

Not the usual recordings but recordings of incoming and outgoing calls from IPhones. Any solutions and recommendations?

PetPet

Reaction score
You can't record phone conversations unless jailbroken.
Apps wouldn't be able to record phone call conversations because it'll be against App Store rules.
You're better off conversing with the iPhone in speaker mode and recording through another device.

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
Just get a bluetooth recording device. Your phone's audio output will be re-rerouted to the bluetooth device and it can be recorded there. Infact any phone with bluetooth can make this work.

Icecreampop

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! I rather advise my dad to use speaker and then record the conversation instead of jailbreaking it (later no have warranty) ...

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My dad has been asking me to help him download a app that could allow him to record phone conversations on his new IPhone X. Apparently, we tried a few apps and it could not even work out. Then my dad contacted his phone service provider, and they said that new iPhones do not allow phone users to record phone conversations. They directed us to ask Apple whether something could be installed on the IPhone X to allow phone conversations to be recorded. Any solutions? Coz it seemed very important for my dad to record his phone conversations?

Not the usual recordings but recordings of incoming and outgoing calls from IPhones. Any solutions and recommendations?

Throw away Iphone and buy Android phone if die die want to record phone conversation.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
You can't record phone conversations unless jailbroken.
Apps wouldn't be able to record phone call conversations because it'll be against App Store rules.
You're better off conversing with the iPhone in speaker mode and recording through another device.

surprised its against app store rules.
sometimes we need a tele-conversation as a back up.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just get a bluetooth recording device. Your phone's audio output will be re-rerouted to the bluetooth device and it can be recorded there. Infact any phone with bluetooth can make this work.

umm, interesting, easily available locally?
716f3OAl80L._SL1500_.jpg

sony has one and it ain't cheap S$ 429.001(inclusive of GST)
http://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/voice-recorders/icd-sx2000
ea1bc2b00c71dcdf5744f8a75b352f5d

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.