HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to permanently delete whatsapp from iPhone?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #1

How to permanently delete whatsapp from iPhone?

Hi everyone!

I have a few questions about whatsapp for iPhone.

I recently changed my handphone number. But people are still able to send me messages via whatsapp even though they do not have my new handphone number. Why is this so?

1)
Why are they able to by-pass my new number and still reach me?

So I deleted whatsapp from my iPhone. BUT my friends still keeping sending me messages, thinking that I am using whatsapp, even after I have deleted the App from my phone.

2)
How do I get myself off Whatsapp permanently? It's becoming a nuisance.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post.
I'd appreaciate any advice from all you helpful and knowledgeable folks out there!

whatsappuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

because it ties to your old number, simple as that

There is no way to stop people from whatsapp you....dunno if there is any un-register function, try to play around it and see.

or email support@whatsapp.com

Last edited by iMbEst; 06-04-2011 at 09:38 AM..
iMbEst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

how do you receive whatsapp messages even when you don't have the app installed in your iPhone?
Kijori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think his friend is complaining....
Old 06-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

i think his friend is complaining....
no leh... if you read again... TS is complaining his friends are still sending him messages via whatsapp...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

no leh... if you read again... TS is complaining his friends are still sending him messages via whatsapp...
he can't stop his friend to send, but he never received what? So his friend keep on complaining about "why you never receive whatsapp?" or something lar...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #7

Hey guys!

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.
I have tried emailing Whatsapp Support, but they have not replied yet.

When I changed my cell phone number, I thought that those who do not have my new number will not be able to contact me. Imagine how disturbed I was when people I am trying to break contact with still could send me messages via whatsapp!

Somehow, Whatsapp is able to bypass the new number!

Can u imagine the security implications?

I am trying to avoid someone. That's why I changed my number. But the person can still reach me via Whatsapp even though that person does NOT have my new number!

So I decided to delete Whatsapp from my iPhone for good. But my friends tell me that there is no difference as i am still listed on Whatsapp as a user. Initially they kept sending me messages and got annoyed when I did not respond. I had to keep reminding them that I no longer have the app in my phone. Some of them don't believe me!

Sigh!!! I really regret installing the App in my phone. It's as difficult as deleting your Facebook account, only WORSE.

I really hope I will be able to find a solution to this annoying problem.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #8

Wow, that's really is quite a nuisance when avoiding someone. Would really appreciate it if you can post the reply when the Whatsapp developers return your mail. Thanks.
connerkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually if you're avoiding someone...you have achieved your objective but deleting it what? he can send as he like, but you just dun receive it mah.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

oh... so his friend is bugging him on the non-response to whatsapp ah...

the world is too tightly integrated and networked... you can't really avoid someone
Old 06-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #11

actually if you're avoiding someone...you have achieved your objective but deleting it what? he can send as he like, but you just dun receive it mah.
But don't you think it is very unfair to me to have to delete whatsapp from my phone just bcos I want to avoid a particular person? Because of that person I cannot use whatsapp now.

Surely there must be a better solution to this?

It seems to me that installing whatsapp in your phone is almost similar to placing a "bug" in your phone. People should not be able to bypass your new number and still reach you when the old number that they have is already deactivated and no longer valid. It's all very suspicious.

I will definitely post the reply when I hear from the Whatsapp support team. I just hope they get back to me soon.

In the mean time, I hope other people who know a thing or two about how i might solve this annoying problem will contribute to this thread and enlighten me.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #12

sounds not very logical ... how whatsapp work should be to use your handphone number as a form of identity. when you change number, its another identity.

before u got your new number, did u delete the contact that u want to avoid from your address book? if not, if u use your new number with whatsapp ... obviously whatsapp will "inform" all the ppl in your address book the new number ...

alternate solution is just to block the contact u want to avoid under Settings -> Chat Settings -> Blocked
unknownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
Master Member

U read the help guide or not. Can block him completely then delete the contact
aileen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

I changed my phone number, how can I update WhatsApp?

Step 1: update your WhatsApp status with new phone number. Step 2: delete WhatsApp and re-install and register with your new phone number

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/#g7

or

How do I block a contact

You can block a contact in two ways. First way is via Block button which is displayed when you get a message from somebody who is not in your address book:

Second way is WhatsApp > Settings > Chat Settings > Block menu:

shawn_sboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #15

all in the faq..... aiyo
reggaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.