HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to transfer Apps from IP4 to IP5?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #1

How to transfer Apps from IP4 to IP5?

can i simply plug in the new IP5 into my existing itune acccount, do a sync and all my IP4 apps will be transferred over to IP5?

And if i still want to retain my IP4 (with the deactivated microsim inside) to play games that do not require bandwith, will i be able to do that?

thanks
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #2

connect ur old phone, right click the icon and select back up. after that connect iphone5 and select the backup to start ur phone
kingcarlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #3

can i simply plug in the new IP5 into my existing itune acccount, do a sync and all my IP4 apps will be transferred over to IP5?

And if i still want to retain my IP4 (with the deactivated microsim inside) to play games that do not require bandwith, will i be able to do that?

thanks
When you plug in your iPhone 5 to your PC with iTunes, it'll recognize it as a distinct and separate iDevice from your iPhone 4.

You can choose to:
1) restore your previous iPhone 4 backup onto the new iPhone 5 and 'most', if not all, of your data, settings, preferences and apps will transfer over. I say 'most' because there are reports of issues affecting some users. Or you can;
2) set up your iPhone 5 as a new device. Then manually install the apps you want stored in your iTunes onto it.

Your iPhone 4 would not be affected and the apps won't be automatically deleted by itself. Oh, you may want to consider unlinking the iCloud account in your iPhone 4 if you're using the same one in your new iDevice ;-)
abcwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

connect ur old phone, right click the icon and select back up. after that connect iphone5 and select the backup to start ur phone
I think just clicking backup would only save application settings, information etc, but will not save the applications itself.

To save applications, have to sync/right click transfer purchases.
Litmuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am curious thou. What things does itunes backup really backup? This are the few i know and think it might back up.

1. Contacts? <--- not quite sure
2. Photos? <----- in the mist of test now
3. Wifi Settings? <----- Confirm working
4. Application data? <----- Most of my application data like Amped the music are restored back.
5. Ringtones? <--- from what i know if it exist on the same itunes then can.

Anymore things you all know itunes will back up?
xiaobai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

I am curious thou. What things does itunes backup really backup? This are the few i know and think it might back up.

1. Contacts? <--- not quite sure
2. Photos? <----- in the mist of test now
3. Wifi Settings? <----- Confirm working
4. Application data? <----- Most of my application data like Amped the music are restored back.
5. Ringtones? <--- from what i know if it exist on the same itunes then can.

Anymore things you all know itunes will back up?
Read this about what is backed-up:

iOS: How to back up
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.