ios 8.1.2 DCIM folder problem

zodiac21

Reaction score
I upgrade to ios 8.1.2 and now my photos have split into 30+ folders under the DCIM folder. These folders have no logical running numbers and the folders name will change whenever I take new photos.

Every time I connect to my PC to find a new photo I have to search through these 30+ folders.

Anyone got the same problem?

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I upgrade to ios 8.1.2 and now my photos have split into 30+ folders under the DCIM folder. These folders have no logical running numbers and the folders name will change whenever I take new photos.

Every time I connect to my PC to find a new photo I have to search through these 30+ folders.

Anyone got the same problem?

I think it's like that now. I have 39 sub-folders.

sogatda

Reaction score
seems like they are discouraging use of this dcim folder (aka thumbdrive style), i think they slowly want to migrate everyone to their icloud photo lib (beta) scheme lol.

SGGameLover

Reaction score
u can use file search in windows explorer, search their file name prefix, eg "IMG", then sort by date.

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can use file search in windows explorer, search their file name prefix, eg "IMG", then sort by date.

Yup for those who are interested, once you click on dcim, on the top right hand corner, key in 'IMG' and all your photos will be shown le, without those annoying folders appearing before you. To have the latest photos on the top, click on the 'more options' button below the search bar and select 'details'. Click on the date column and tada, problem solved- no more hunting of pictures in dozens of folders that don't follow any particular order.

zwchia

Reaction score
Think this issue was because of something like more than 10000 pictures taken or something like that. Fixed it last time by copying out all the pictures and deleting those DCIM folders.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.