iPhone Jailbreaking, Restoring & Unlocking Guide[Pls read first post] - Part 2

triggerfish76

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Hope the guru here can help me on this.
I am using the ipad2, iOS5.0 - I am not entirely sure if the Absinthe jailbreak will work on my ipad2? I read that iOS needs to be 5.0.1 for it to work?

Any one tired this on ios 5.0 before? Does it work for you? (Absinthe JB I am referring to)
Is there anyway to update my ipad2 to ios 5.0.1 from 5.0
Thanks guys.

rockford_corp

Reaction score
Hi, Guys

Anyone knows if Apple still sign for 4.1 firmware for iPhone 3GS? I read from the web and found out it is possible to downgrade iPhone 3GS from 5.1 to 4.1 without SHSH saved. Anyone can confirm or did it before? Thx

macdreamy

Reaction score
Hi guys

i have a ipad 1 iOS 5.1

after JB, the keyboard just won't able

any one has any idea or remedy

thanks

SGTips

Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

I'm on ip4 with iOS 4.3.2. Try to upgrade to 5.0.1.
I've done the following;
Update iTunes to 10.6.1.7
Remove #host from etc folder
Tried on Windows 7 & Vista

But keep getting the 3194 error when browse for custom ipsw

Any other ways to upgrade my iOS?

joeys77

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i jb-ed my iphone 4s and now i wanna un-jb it. is there anyway to do it without losing data?
i read somewhere that i should restore to it being empty and restore to the backup file again? is this true cus i'm not sure if i misunderstood the instructions

thechariot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

0XiaoXing0

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I want to jailbreak my iphone 3gs but hope to clarify some questions before doing so.

Mine is a iphone 3gs, old bootrom 359.3, ios5.1, firmware 05.16.05.

1) With old bootrom 359.3, i can have an untethered jb using redsnow 0.9.10b6 right?

2) i know firmware 05.16.05 is an unlockable firmware. But since the beginning of the thread states that " SG iPhones are unlocked by default so skip this. Unlocking is only for foreign iPhones. iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4", which means although with an unlockable firmware, my iphone 3gs is still unlocked?

3) Can I still proceed to jailbreak without unlocking the firmware? I do not want to risk updating to the ipad baseband 6.15.00 and risk breaking my GPS function. I am okie sticking to my M1 service provider/carrier.

4) Mine is a never jailbreak iphone before with ios5.1 firmware downloaded through iTunes. Do i still need to download custom firmware iOS 5.1 IPSW file for iPhone 3GS?

5) Or i can just simply download redsnow 0.9.10b6, set to administrator, jailbreak, set to DFU mode, and let it run by iteslf?

Thanks a lot for your kind replies.
Greatly Appreciated.

thechariot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I want to jailbreak my iphone 3gs but hope to clarify some questions before doing so.

Mine is a iphone 3gs, old bootrom 359.3, ios5.1, firmware 05.16.05.

1) With old bootrom 359.3, i can have an untethered jb using redsnow 0.9.10b6 right?

2) i know firmware 05.16.05 is an unlockable firmware. But since the beginning of the thread states that " SG iPhones are unlocked by default so skip this. Unlocking is only for foreign iPhones. iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4", which means although with an unlockable firmware, my iphone 3gs is still unlocked?

3) Can I still proceed to jailbreak without unlocking the firmware? I do not want to risk updating to the ipad baseband 6.15.00 and risk breaking my GPS function. I am okie sticking to my M1 service provider/carrier.

4) Mine is a never jailbreak iphone before with ios5.1 firmware downloaded through iTunes. Do i still need to download custom firmware iOS 5.1 IPSW file for iPhone 3GS?

5) Or i can just simply download redsnow 0.9.10b6, set to administrator, jailbreak, set to DFU mode, and let it run by iteslf?

Thanks a lot for your kind replies.
Greatly Appreciated.

sent you a pm.

Yvonne

Banned
Reaction score
~anyone here upgrade to IOS 5.1 ?
Just wondering is the tethered jb for 5.1 ready ? :s11::s11::o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.