iPhone Jailbreaking, Restoring & Unlocking Guide[Pls read first post] - Part 2

cy1215

Reaction score
Anyone know how to upgrade jailbreak iphone, without upgrade to the lastest version???

hottiedoggie

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a Ipad mini 1st generation. Just recently made the dumbest mistake by upgrading my jailbroken ios8 ipad to a ios 10. because of that i lost everything and my ipad is very very very slow. anyways of speeding my ipad up? Now its almost unusable

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys anyone using Ifiles app ?
now i cant sign in to my google drive thru the app.
google disable siging in.

anybody have this problem

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

So far I have already jailbroken my Ipad 9.3.5 version using Phoenix.
Currently, I was thinking of how to get an Ipad version 10 (not version 11 and 12) which is already rooted with pangu installed. Thats because certain apps cannot be installed on version 9.3.5. Is there any place I can buy a jailbroken ipad 10.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
2nd question, if I buy an Ipad 2nd hand is there a way to downgrade to IOS 10.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd question, if I buy an Ipad 2nd hand is there a way to downgrade to IOS 10.

iOS10 is no longer being signed.

There’s no way to downgrade back to iOS10 unless the iPad is currently running in iOS10.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Jailbreaking an iOS device is becoming more and more complicated because Apple keeps hardening the system and patching the exploited vulnerabilities. Jailbreaking has become a very time-sensitive procedure because Apple stops signing these vulnerable versions relatively soon after releasing a fix (unless the jailbreak benefits from hardware-based vulnerabilities, such as the limera1n exploit affecting the BootROM of the iPhone 4 and iPad 1). This means that you can't downgrade to a specific iOS version once Apple stops signing the firmware.

If you have a jailbroken device that you use for security testing, keep it as is unless you're 100% sure that you can re-jailbreak it after upgrading to the latest iOS version. Consider getting one (or multiple) spare device(s) (which will be updated with every major iOS release) and waiting for a jailbreak to be released publicly. Apple is usually quick to release a patch once a jailbreak has been released publicly, so you have only a couple of days to downgrade (if it is still signed by Apple) to the affected iOS version and apply the jailbreak.

iOS upgrades are based on a challenge-response process (generating as a result the named SHSH blobs). The device will allow the OS installation only if the response to the challenge is signed by Apple. This is what researchers call a "signing window," and it is the reason you can't simply store the OTA firmware package you downloaded via iTunes and load it onto the device whenever you want to. During minor iOS upgrades, two versions may both be signed by Apple (the latest one, and the previous iOS version). This is the only situation in which you can downgrade the iOS device. You can check the current signing window and download OTA firmware from the IPSW Downloads website.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Is there a way to upgrade IOS 8 to IOS 10,
2ndly is there a way to downgrade IOS 11 to IOS10?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.