HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone X problems faced

Like Tree114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #571
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone face GPS issue on their X? Open google maps app and my location is always not where i actually am. Any solution?
Are you indoors or under some shaded area? If out in the open shouldn't have any issue.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:17 PM   #572
Master Member

Any one try unlock in a pitch dark cinema ?
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #573
Supremacy Member

said many times liao, FaceID works even in pitch dark becos of e IR blaster.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #574

You never tried that while in bedroom? I am sure cinema still have light when the shows comes up?

I tried while driving in car at the night, while in the bedroom lights off with the windows closed due to rain, it works superbly well. and amazing...
Old 10-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #575

But lie down on either side of our face on our pillow, how u al unlock? I always fail and got to key in passcode. Unless sit up on bed or stand up on floor inside my pitch dark room, then no prob unlocking
argentinafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #576
Arch-Supremacy Member

Face ID works even in complete darkness.
Snoweagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #577

But lie down on either side of our face on our pillow, how u al unlock? I always fail and got to key in passcode. Unless sit up on bed or stand up on floor inside my pitch dark room, then no prob unlocking
Generally, your face cannot be obstructed. So if you lie on your back you can unlock it perfectly, on the side is slightly tricky where the pillow cannot block the cheek area. It also cannot have anything in front of your face. as it will throw off the depth map it reads to ensure you are you.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #578
Master Member

i also faced the same issue, generally upright position for face id to unlock.

lying on the side of the bed and unlock, hit & miss.
swgj86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #579
Arch-Supremacy Member

Perhaps you have gone slightly swollen after coming back from seeing the northern lights?

Hahas kidding, I think it’s due to the face mapping issue, maybe you didn’t rotate your face well enough.. I have blanket cover part of my face and it works too..

i also faced the same issue, generally upright position for face id to unlock.

lying on the side of the bed and unlock, hit & miss.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #580
Master Member

Perhaps you have gone slightly swollen after coming back from seeing the northern lights?

Hahas kidding, I think it’s due to the face mapping issue, maybe you didn’t rotate your face well enough.. I have blanket cover part of my face and it works too..

No la. My face same same. Nothing changed. One less reason to check my phone in bed.
discoburg likes this.
swgj86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:50 PM   #581

Maybe you when you are configuring the Face ID that time, you are holding the phone straight at your face looking up straight.

Try reset your FaceID and re-take them with your phone holding lower with your face looking slant downwards instead. Maybe it helps.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #582

Do u guys have your iPhone X suddenly goes in a frozen enlarged zoom screen mode... need to hard reset to get it back to normal... anyone ?
dantom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 01:36 AM   #583
Supremacy Member

Do u guys have your iPhone X suddenly goes in a frozen enlarged zoom screen mode... need to hard reset to get it back to normal... anyone ?
yr accessibility zoom enabled?
szeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #584

yr accessibility zoom enabled?
already disable.. but sometime it still happen.. i go in and check, the zoom is enable again... weird
dantom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #585
Supremacy Member

...Try reset your FaceID and re-take them with your phone holding lower with your face looking slant downwards instead. Maybe it helps.
Actually is it possible to do so? I tried to reset FaceID with my face meeting the phone at angle very akin to the real life angle when my phone is on my desk & I’m seated, & it turns out my face is too small for the FaceID setup process to detect a face.

In the end, still need to hold the phone higher to “record”.
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.