HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPhone X problems faced

Like Tree114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

iPhone X problems faced

For me is the battery drains very fast and sometimes incoming sms is not notified.

Hope all can add to the list or share that they also face the same problem.
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #2

U got try to reset your phone? What firmware u are having right now ?
discoburg likes this.
dricas_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:44 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Reset a couple of times. iOS11.1. Seems like quite a few have this problem when I searched in the apple forum.
U got try to reset your phone? What firmware u are having right now ?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
Master Member

Mine has nothing but amazing so far. Battery also damn strong. My settings are no true tone. Reduce white point 80% and auto brightness. Background app refresh all off except messaging apps and social media apps.
discoburg likes this.
Archuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #5

Mine has no problem too. And mine is on 11.2 beta battery life is amazing
discoburg likes this.
dricas_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #6

At first I really missed TouchID as FaceID had more failure rates for me. But after following this tip sent by a bro here:

Everything about the iPhone X

FaceID has since been phenomenal. It is so integral into the work flow that sometimes I feel like I'm just using a phone without password - but it's there. Swiping on a notification in lock screen to go straight to the app is one example. Previously you had to lift your finger off the screen, touch home button, then go back. Now it's seamless.

Battery - give it 3-4 days - do a battery calibration at least once (fully drain till it shuts off, and leave it to charge fully). Now I'm getting similar battery usage as my iphone 7plus.
Try using a dark coloured or fully black wallpaper. OLED actually saves more power with that. If you really want to stretch the battery on a LONG day - turn on Smart Invert Colors in Settings -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations -> Invert Colors
that would operate the iPhoneX in a Dark mode. You can set it turn ON/OFF using triple click of the side button. Just add Accessibility Shortcut at the bottom of the Accessibility menu.

A bug I DID encounter was when I used speaker phone for a call, and I tried to access an app while talking to the person. The screen locked up and refused to let me swipe home. That happened only once and I hope this latest 11.1.1 fixed it. So far haven't seen it again.
discoburg and TrueBeliever_jh like this.
jordanlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #7
Master Member

At first I really missed TouchID as FaceID had more failure rates for me. But after following this tip sent by a bro here:

Everything about the iPhone X

FaceID has since been phenomenal. It is so integral into the work flow that sometimes I feel like I'm just using a phone without password - but it's there. Swiping on a notification in lock screen to go straight to the app is one example. Previously you had to lift your finger off the screen, touch home button, then go back. Now it's seamless.

Battery - give it 3-4 days - do a battery calibration at least once (fully drain till it shuts off, and leave it to charge fully). Now I'm getting similar battery usage as my iphone 7plus.
Try using a dark coloured or fully black wallpaper. OLED actually saves more power with that. If you really want to stretch the battery on a LONG day - turn on Smart Invert Colors in Settings -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations -> Invert Colors
that would operate the iPhoneX in a Dark mode. You can set it turn ON/OFF using triple click of the side button. Just add Accessibility Shortcut at the bottom of the Accessibility menu.

A bug I DID encounter was when I used speaker phone for a call, and I tried to access an app while talking to the person. The screen locked up and refused to let me swipe home. That happened only once and I hope this latest 11.1.1 fixed it. So far haven't seen it again.
Don't do this. It is removed from Apple battery guide already. Lithium at near 0 will damage the battery faster. There is no need to discharge it fully.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/
discoburg likes this.
LOLLIPOPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #8

You can do a battery calibration of your own, but never drop the battery to zero till it should off. NEVER. NEVER.
discoburg likes this.
ragnarok95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #9
Master Member

For me is the battery drains very fast and sometimes incoming sms is not notified.

Hope all can add to the list or share that they also face the same problem.
did you restore from backup? the drain is probably the communication between the device and icloud, it should get better. do you have facebook installed? that seems to be a contributor to battery drain.

incoming sms not notified... were you looking at your phone when i came in? attention features switched on?
the-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:14 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Nope, the X is asleep. Thought the sms will wake it up but no. Had to raise it up to see that there are sms waiting for me.
incoming sms not notified... were you looking at your phone when i came in? attention features switched on?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #11

Nope, the X is asleep. Thought the sms will wake it up but no. Had to raise it up to see that there are sms waiting for me.
Did u check ur settings? Like do not disturb mode not on or maybe the notification setting
discoburg likes this.
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Checked liao. Never use do not disturb mode. Notification is on as well.
Did u check ur settings? Like do not disturb mode not on or maybe the notification setting
Old 12-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #13

My camera kinda grainy / noise on the live view screen. The photo taken and view it in the library is ok.

Looks exactly described here:-

https://imgur.com/a/gQgUC

Not sure if it's expected.
discoburg likes this.
powerpack8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #14

Checked liao. Never use do not disturb mode. Notification is on as well.
Thatís weird, u can always use the Apple support app if u canít solve it, it has live chat so u can talk to them and see if they know something. They can also set up an appointment at Apple if u need one
discoburg likes this.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #15

My camera kinda grainy / noise on the live view screen. The photo taken and view it in the library is ok.

Looks exactly described here:-

https://imgur.com/a/gQgUC

Not sure if it's expected.
Is it like that under good lighting? Try turning off Live Photo, still grainy?
discoburg likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.