New 4" iPhone "SE" discussion?

kuang89

Reaction score
i am not fanboy, but seems like apple is clearing stock, but nonetheless, u prefer it if apple redesigns it or save costs by using existing casing n whip up the insides nicely for u?

i now quite torn between se or 6s, its about the user experience tho

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same as u. i m super disappointed. at least go make a new design ma. for that price i wun even think abt it.

i tahan not to buy de s7 edge just to wait for the announcement. but after announcement, i die heart liao.

smaller ipad pro more exp than the ipad air 2, apple watch only change the straps. haiz.

guess need to wait till sept16 for the new ip7 announcement and mayb hopefully new apple watch 2.

SE is Apple small phone category. Not meant to compete with s7. The next ip7 wil be the one. No one expected yesterday event to pose any threat to s7. In fact, samsung may launch a small screen phone now to counter SE

viiinz

Reaction score
They just announced that in 2015 they sold 30 million 4 inch iPhones (5s and 5c probably) and that's a lot of units for a 3 yr old model. Just shows that there's still demand for that form factor. It's probably targeted for those developing countries who can't readily afford these expensive flagship phones. 6s internals in a cheaper body and it'll probably sell like hot cakes with Apple laughing their way to the bank. (As usual)

So yeah, you people complaining in the thread are most likely not the target demographic anyway. ;)

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I'm quite disappointed that it looks exactly the same...
maybe I will pass, go use S7

same as u. i m super disappointed. at least go make a new design ma. for that price i wun even think abt it.

i tahan not to buy de s7 edge just to wait for the announcement. but after announcement, i die heart liao.

smaller ipad pro more exp than the ipad air 2, apple watch only change the straps. haiz.

guess need to wait till sept16 for the new ip7 announcement and mayb hopefully new apple watch 2.

If u have been using a iphone you will know major iphone release will be in sept period, which we will see iphone 7.

This iphone SE was NEVER a phone to contest with S7, G5. In that area, it still belong to 6S/6S plus.

SO i see no reasons why both of you want to think this phone as disappointing or even to fight with S7.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will wait till i molest molest a real SE in retail shop then decide wanna buy or not.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i am amazed you somehow deciding between s7 and this se......

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm curious about performance actually. they say same CPU and GPU performance as the 6S, but it's using A9 chipset, so pushing less pixels it should be faster. So maybe the clock speed is a bit lesser to help with spreading the heat on a smaller phone, and control the battery life.

Also still don't no confirmation on how much RAM yet right?

But really the performance of the A9 in a 4" phone makes this the most powerful compact phone. it lacks some things that the 6S has, but is it worth it? iPhone 6S 64GB is going for 1050 at street shops. at $828 that apple is asking for... like not as worth it at this point... If it's the same as US price 499USD (~680), at least would be easier to swallow.

edit: the verge says it's 2GB ram. :s12:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/21/11277512/apple-iphone-se-6s-6-comparison-specs-price-guide

Last edited:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm curious about performance actually. they say same CPU and GPU performance as the 6S, but it's using A9 chipset, so pushing less pixels it should be faster. So maybe the clock speed is a bit lesser to help with spreading the heat on a smaller phone, and control the battery life.

Also still don't no confirmation on how much RAM yet right?

But really the performance of the A9 in a 4" phone makes this the most powerful compact phone. it lacks some things that the 6S has, but is it worth it? iPhone 6S 64GB is going for 1050 at street shops. at $828 that apple is asking for... like not as worth it at this point... If it's the same as US price 499USD (~680), at least would be easier to swallow.

If I buy SE, it is really for the size. I was a 5S user, and I enjoyed it. Se is nothing less than 5S, so I am actually fine with it.

And, I never bother to find out how many RAM or by which manufacturer the RAM is, in an iPhone before.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm actually got ppl comparing e SE to e android flagships... :s22:

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like 6S size, 5SE not so much

i wonder how big a market there is for 5SE

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I buy SE, it is really for the size. I was a 5S user, and I enjoyed it. Se is nothing less than 5S, so I am actually fine with it.

And, I never bother to find out how many RAM or by which manufacturer the RAM is, in an iPhone before.

haha. True. For people who didn't mind the size, probably would have gone 6S when it came out already. I think the 5S looks nicer than the 6S, so i'm a little tempted by the 5S. Top end performance in a compact phone that is easy to carry around.

For me the RAM difference is noticeable though. When using iPhone 6, can see apps refresh more frequently, especially when opening more browser tabs. Having 2GB gives a noticeably better experience when using the 6S.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.