Sell or keep old iPhone

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
keep or sell iphone 6?

Apple replaced my screen before warranty ended hence i keep thinking I should keep it since its a brand new screen

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Simple decision like this just decide for yourself, it's just a phone.

revogsx

Reaction score
if you have existing phone, theb my vote goes to sell that spare phone.

if it is your only phone, keep lah :)

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you don't need a spare phone, just sell it. There's no point keeping it and find it in a corner of your house 10 years later when it doesn't work anymore

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
keep or sell iphone 6?

Apple replaced my screen before warranty ended hence i keep thinking I should keep it since its a brand new screen

Do you already have a new phone now, and what is it?

I've the latest iPhone but still keeping my old iPhone 4 which have been lying around all these years while I use others. Have been switching it on every now and then to note that it's still working, and do whatever updating I need via WiFi. Just got the battery replaced and am keeping it.

Yup, decision is all yours... but if you don't mind having a spare phone lying around and don't need the $, and still can't decide... keep it then. :)

xttxtt

Reaction score

I've the latest iPhone but still keeping my old iPhone 4 which have been lying around all these years while I use others. Have been switching it on every now and then to note that it's still working, and do whatever updating I need via WiFi. Just got the battery replaced and am keeping it.

Yup, decision is all yours... but if you don't mind having a spare phone lying around and don't need the $, and still can't decide... keep it then. :)

how much you pay for the battery replacement?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Quoted RM60 by that green booth at the escalator near the Taiwanese snack shop (can't remember the name) on that cinema floor (in JB KSL City Mall), but in the end my friend went to get it done for me when I stepped away. Don't know how much he paid, though.

In SG, I've seen some quotes online of between $25 to $40...? Might have done it here, but I happened to go across, so ended up changing it there.

Last edited:

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the frank feedback

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
If you do not have a spare phone, keep that as a spare home. It doesn't take up too much space anyway.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I keep it my iPhone 6 coz is simply good
Now using iPhone 7 plus

Think next time I get normal instead of plus
But then plus can see movies YouTube better
Hahahaha

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Where and how much for a new battery?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where and how much for a new battery?
Are you referring to the same battery as mentioned few posts earlier? :s11:

Quoted RM60 by that green booth at the escalator near the Taiwanese snack shop (can't remember the name) on that cinema floor (in JB KSL City Mall), but in the end my friend went to get it done for me when I stepped away. Don't know how much he paid, though.

In SG, I've seen some quotes online of between $25 to $40...? Might have done it here, but I happened to go across, so ended up changing it there.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPhone 4 battery cost $10 SGD from Qoo10, and comes with the toolkit.

2 bottom screws and I think 3 battery ribbon connector screws and you're done.

but those battery aren't original, and it still depletes as fast as a worn out original battery.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Simple decision like this just decide for yourself, it's just a phone.

keep as a back up.. a couple of generations old phone is ok to keep as back up. can always use it for browsing or gaming

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.