Send to Genius Bar @ Orchard for screen repair

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got back.
Today was quite crowded so need 4hrs

In the end i decided not to change cos the small chip at the side not obvious and don't want to waste my 1 of 2 accidental damage

PetPet

Reaction score
Just got back.

In the end i decided not to change cos the small chip at the side not obvious and don't want to waste my 1 of 2 accidental damage
I think you could have opt for express replacement if you're under AC+

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes i could but that would mean also wasting one of the 2 accidental damage chances. This small chip, i can still live with it. Don't wanna waste it in case a more serious problem comes along. And also. Screen replacement is just $42 whereas replacing is $148?

But seriously. This ipx is like a tofu. Too fragile

Last edited:

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes i could but that would mean also wasting one of the 2 accidental damage chances. This small chip, i can still live with it. Don't wanna waste it in case a more serious problem comes along. And also. Screen replacement is just $42 whereas replacing is $148?

But seriously. This ipx is like a tofu. Too fragile

Handle phone must be careful lor. We wouldn’t accidentally drop our laptop/iPad right? So if we handle our big devices with care, we should do the same for our smaller gadgets. Put in/out of trousers pocket do it slowly and confidently. This iPhone X is not like our iPhone 4 days whereby keep dropping also wouldn’t screen crack.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Handle phone must be careful lor. We wouldn’t accidentally drop our laptop/iPad right? So if we handle our big devices with care, we should do the same for our smaller gadgets. Put in/out of trousers pocket do it slowly and confidently. This iPhone X is not like our iPhone 4 days whereby keep dropping also wouldn’t screen crack.

I agree. But to a certain extent this design although looks nice and feels nice (for the first few minutes), its not practical for normal usage WITHOUT case. Its such a beauty. I don't wanna slap a case on it. But then again, without a case, it just won't survive too long

alvino

Reaction score
hey mikeeeey, did u walked in without appt at apple store or booked an appointment instead? i dropped my phone, got scratches at all four corners. damn disturbed. feel like changing a new one.

anyone happens to know can i just pay $148 for "cosmetic" damage?

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I made an appointment. Don't know if they will entertain if you walk in directly

I think if you have AC+ you can choose to pay $148 to get a replacement phone

Eidekos

Reaction score
crazy appointment system. cant even book for months now. dont know if i need to camp out 12:01 am everyday.. but, just because of this batt change, screws up the system, just too much demand for replacement.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just keep refreshing every hour or so

I got a 1230pm appointment when I refreshed around 830am in the same day.

The day before that shows totally full for the whole week

alvino

Reaction score
I made an appointment. Don't know if they will entertain if you walk in directly

I think if you have AC+ you can choose to pay $148 to get a replacement phone
thanks went QCD instead. almost wanna use their ERS but CNY i prefer to get it soon!

even with AC+ they need to do full diag and keep asking whats the problem when i wanted it change. i just have to make up some cock an bull problem even my phone seems to pass all their tests.

BTW the ipx i got replaced is week 3 jan. quite the new

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got back.

Hi bro. Looking to get my 8’s screen replace too. I’ve Apple Care as well. You waited 4 hours even with appointment?

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you could have opt for express replacement if you're under AC+

If request ERS they will debit the full price from credit card first? Under what circumstances will Apple say that the replaced phone is ‘damaged’ and thus they won’t credit back the phone price? I’ve a small crack at the screen. So if I request for ERS will that mean that one of my two AC claims will be taken?

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro. Looking to get my 8’s screen replace too. I’ve Apple Care as well. You waited 4 hours even with appointment?

I was told it will take 4hrs. I initially thought it will be about 2hrs. 4hrs was too long which made me had second thoughts about changing eventually so I didn't replace in the end

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If request ERS they will debit the full price from credit card first? Under what circumstances will Apple say that the replaced phone is ‘damaged’ and thus they won’t credit back the phone price? I’ve a small crack at the screen. So if I request for ERS will that mean that one of my two AC claims will be taken?

They debit the amount in case you play punk and didn't return the "damaged" phone. It's gotta be somehow damaged that's why you requested a replacement mah. Doesn't make sense if they penalized you for sending a faulty phone to them?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

doesn't matter if your screen cracked or not. as long as your return them the phone, they will return you the difference in money between full cost and the deduction of using ERS.

Yes it will be one of your AC+ claim. that also means you cannot refund AC+ should you decide to do so, cos they will also deduct the privilege you have, which is what will be returning to you.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doesn't matter if your screen cracked or not. as long as your return them the phone, they will return you the difference in money between full cost and the deduction of using ERS.

Yes it will be one of your AC+ claim. that also means you cannot refund AC+ should you decide to do so, cos they will also deduct the privilege you have, which is what will be returning to you.

Refund AC? First time I’ve heard about it. Care to explain further? As long as I’ve never used any of the AC claims then I can get a full refund?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AppleCare+ purchased can be refunded with prorated amount, you get back what you have not used so far to date.

But once you started to use applecare+, such as replacement of device, Apple will recoup back what you have used..

Refund AC? First time I’ve heard about it. Care to explain further? As long as I’ve never used any of the AC claims then I can get a full refund?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.