Aspiring JET (2019/2020) - JET Programme (Tips and experiences)

aexlle

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is my first ever thread and hope it helps me and those who need it. I believe some of you guys have heard of the JET Programme yeah?

I have been kinda interested in it for quite some time already and since, to apply for this programme, one has to require a bachelor degree of any major.

I'm currently taking a degree in Kaplan and well.. its gonna end in next year may 2019. So i'm hoping to apply for the JET Programme this coming nov application.

Is there any of you here who have tried applying for the JET programme but failed? (I just want to know the difficulty in getting in as a singaporean.. and what other ways to help my application)
1) Wanna know like what do you think you could have done to improve your application.. (idk like.. should have more work experience or should have volunteered more or smthing)

And is there any of you here that are current JETs/ex-JETs (ALT)?
2) Wanna know where you were appointed to and well, some of your experiences. the Pros and Cons basically.
3) Oh and for the referrers, is it only max 2? or can have more?

I know there are many youtube videos about JETs experience but none from Singapore. (If there is and i missed it, feel free to share! i'll definitely watch it :D)

I understand from some forums regarding this programme is that, it isnt a
good long term job as the pay isnt that much. Kinda like a dead end job. But i don't really care bout that cause i feel, as i'm still young. I wanna like gain as much experience as i can before i really settle down and work for my future.

So my plan is more or less.. Get degree --> hopefully 1yr JET programme --> come back and start my FT job in SG.

Hope to hear from you guys! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.