Dress code for Tokyo weather?

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arrive yestaday afternoon. Was sunny. Weather was cold. I had on a down jacket. By nightfall I require an additional fleece. Legs were manageable with just jeans. Hands were cold & could use a pair of gloves.

This morning seems sunny. Happy ithat it is not raining.

[Audrey]

Reaction score
Arrive yestaday afternoon. Was sunny. Weather was cold. I had on a down jacket. By nightfall I require an additional fleece. Legs were manageable with just jeans. Hands were cold & could use a pair of gloves.

sounds really cold =/ I actually didnt bring much for myself.

I am flying tonight, reach Narita airport tomorrow morning around 9am~ hope Tokyo don't rain and not so cold for this coming week :o:)

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Gloves don't help that much, at least not the uniqlo ones. I find sticking hands into the fleece jacket works a lot better. Stick heat packs in the pocket and it'll make your hands real toasty. But the gloves are awesome when you order hot beverage cans from the vending machines haha.

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, my experience is on the day that it rains, it tends to be warmer rather than cooler. Probably something to do with the humidity.

chopin32

Reaction score
jilat ..really that cold.
me going this wednesday..tot of just buying gloves there instead of here

kierai

Reaction score
Great weather this morning. Now, at yoyogi park. Blue sky with Sun. My personal thermometer reads 16.5*C

[Audrey]

Reaction score
Arrived Tokyo this morning (8 degree) and now in my apartment (~14 degree) can still feel the cold even when indoor...

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arrived Tokyo this morning (8 degree) and now in my apartment (~14 degree) can still feel the cold even when indoor...

This afternoon is a lovely 17-18°C here in Osaka. People are walking about without their jackets. Beautiful weather. Evening is cooler of course.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This afternoon is a lovely 17-18°C here in Osaka. People are walking about without their jackets. Beautiful weather. Evening is cooler of course.

Nice flying there tonight! How's sakura there?

hongwei8

Reaction score
end may recommended wear? how about july? is their summer heat worse than sg?

chopin32

Reaction score
Tis morng was ard 13deg. But evening time was up to ard 16 or 17.
Full bloom.liao..went to ueno and shinjuku park.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tis morng was ard 13deg. But evening time was up to ard 16 or 17.
Full bloom.liao..went to ueno and shinjuku park.

Went ueno as well. Bloom but most of them are still white with a faint pink. Only 1 tree I saw was full pink.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.