Hakone Ryokan

Spintronics

Reaction score
Yamanochaya looks nice. How do you compare this with Gora Kadan? Location is better, just next to the open air museum.

pektl

Reaction score
I am trying to book for 4th to 6th Dec at Lake Kawaguchiko but a lot of the Onsen Ryokan not avail. Is it a case where they are not open for booking yet? any idea?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am trying to book for 4th to 6th Dec at Lake Kawaguchiko but a lot of the Onsen Ryokan not avail. Is it a case where they are not open for booking yet? any idea?

Depends on which ryokan. But now is quite early.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Fukuzumiro, only 1 room has toilet. The others are shared. Location however is very nice and relaxing.

unnybear

Reaction score
Recommending Mikawaya Ryokan.
http://www.hakone-mikawaya.com/language/09en.htm

Stayed in the Japanese Style Villa back in November.
The room had 1 outdoor private onsen and 1 indoor private onsen.
The outdoor private onsen's water temperature was too hot so didn't get to enjoy it.

Food was excellent (the rice they provided was the best rice i ever had.)

Service was prompt and courteous. The staff are able to communicate is english.

Really pleasant stay.

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
guys need some advice..

planning for jap trip end of year ...5 nights...confirm 3 nights in shinjuku...

now is hakone which is headache....

ten years ago i went there f&e with mrs ...never stay in hakone ...but shinjuku then bullet train ...then forget....i rem i went to lower tier of the mount fuji...rem mrs ate bbq sotong there ...

now i want to stay 2 nights with my family...at hakone....i don't see those hotel or traditional type bao tour to mount fuji...is this normal? cos my wife and kids want see snow....

im out of ideas...we thinking from narita travel to hakone directly ...but i saw 4 hours train cum bus....

any advice?

Spintronics

Reaction score
guys need some advice..

ten years ago i went there f&e with mrs ...never stay in hakone ...but shinjuku then bullet train ...then forget....i rem i went to lower tier of the mount fuji...rem mrs ate bbq sotong there ...

now i want to stay 2 nights with my family...at hakone....i don't see those hotel or traditional type bao tour to mount fuji...is this normal? cos my wife and kids want see snow....

im out of ideas...we thinking from narita travel to hakone directly ...but i saw 4 hours train cum bus....

any advice?

You mean snow resort? The nearest to Hakone would be http://www.yeti-resort.com/en/. I am not sure if there are Fuji tours from Hakone itself as most of them originate from Tokyo and they are mostly day tours. For 2 nights it should be quite straightforward to explore Hakone by yourself, especially if you intend to rent a car.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Goran Kadan is different league already.
Room with indoor open batch is 140k Yen per night

For Hakone, I read somewhere that you followed the reverse of the suggested route, i.e. take bus first at Hakone Yumoto. Is it better to do a U-turn instead at Motohakone instead?

bluebell_09

Reaction score
any reasonable priced ryokan to reco for family + toddler?
is 2D1N sufficient for some sight-seeing and gotemba shopping?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Hakone, I read somewhere that you followed the reverse of the suggested route, i.e. take bus first at Hakone Yumoto. Is it better to do a U-turn instead at Motohakone instead?

Opposite way is less crowded than the normal way which most tourists will take.

bluebell_09

Reaction score
guys need some advice..

any advice?

I saw they have 3D2N tours, looks quite comprehensive and you can self-explore - http://www.odakyu-travel.co.jp/eng/special/fuji_hakone_main.html

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any reasonable priced ryokan to reco for family + toddler?
is 2D1N sufficient for some sight-seeing and gotemba shopping?

Plenty to choose from depending on your preference. Have a look at japanican and rakuten travel. It's possible to visit Gotemba the next day and return to Shinjuku from there. You may need to buy the tickets in advance.

bluebell_09

Reaction score
Plenty to choose from depending on your preference. Have a look at japanican and rakuten travel. It's possible to visit Gotemba the next day and return to Shinjuku from there. You may need to buy the tickets in advance.

thanks..am thinking to extend to 3D2N instead so that it wun be too rush with a child.

qns:
Hakone freepass - is coming back via same as romancecar? or have to take normal train or bus?
which area shd I choose for easy of travelling, eg 1 day sightseeing (five lakes etc), 1 day gotemba outlet?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.