HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How to apply japan's visa easy for malaysian?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

provided you apply it a few months earlier lar. Sometimes ish bohbian, must book air ticket first.
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #17

Just to share my experience. The embassy requires 3K or more of bank balance for the past 3 mths. If not, you will have to get a sponsor. A sponsor can be any body who is flying with you. If not flying with you then must to immediate family. The Sponsor needs to have 3K or more in his/her bank balance for the past 3 mths.
chipsake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

Just to share my experience. The embassy requires 3K or more of bank balance for the past 3 mths. If not, you will have to get a sponsor. A sponsor can be any body who is flying with you. If not flying with you then must to immediate family. The Sponsor needs to have 3K or more in his/her bank balance for the past 3 mths.
hi,i have posb and citibank..for posb not even 1 k amount,but on citibank i dont have bank book..print out e statement can??
KhunNimzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #19

hi,i have posb and citibank..for posb not even 1 k amount,but on citibank i dont have bank book..print out e statement can??
should be no problem, I use print out statement from HSBC can still get visa
Old 16-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #20

travel to japan for holidays seem very troublesome even to get a visa.
coffeeSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #21

travel to japan for holidays seem very troublesome even to get a visa.
where got troublesome to get japan visa for malaysia passport holders?
if you have all the supporting document, getting visa is so easy. furthermore, it is free. Unlike other nationalites (Eg : Indonesia), you need to pay for it. Japan embassy officer (Ms Mochida, Mr Leong, Mr Nick) are always very friendly

wait till you apply USA visa (Eg, malaysian passport), you will curse and swear and vomit blood. Documents not sufficent or not clear enough, visa immediately rejected and application fee non refundable. you have to wait for another 1 year to re-apply again.

Last edited by krisflyermiles; 17-01-2008 at 10:11 AM..
krisflyermiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #22

Has anyone applied for Japan VISA lately? I am trying to help a friend who is a Singapore PR (Malaysian) to apply.

Based on the info on the website, we have some questions if anyone can help us out:
http://www.sg.emb-japan.go.jp/visa_shortterm.htm

We are thinking of visiting Japan on Free and Easy basis, on the form there is a column to indicate a reference in Japan. If we do not have a reference in Japan, will that pose a problem? Also, it is indicated on the website that bank statement is no longer required from 1 April 2008 onwards, so omitting that will not reduce the chances of getting the application approved, right?
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

are you singaporean? why dun you just be his/her sponsor?
sAxman_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #24

I went to Japan 3 months ago. I am a Malaysian. It is quite easy and it only take 3 days for approval. You no need to go there personally. You can ask your friends to submit to the Consulate (in Malaysia). Just prepare all the documents and they will inform if an interview is required.

However, make sure all your documents is prepared together with the application form. They need:
- Your passport
- confirmed flight ticket
- your financial status (for my case, i attached all my Fixed deposit slip)
- confirmation of hotel
- Travel itinerary (daily plan)

The most important is: it is FREE!

Last edited by shauyan; 21-08-2008 at 04:07 PM..
shauyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #25

last time when my gf apply the visa, the agent request for letter of employment from her emplyer.. they didn't tell us that to show bank acc or anything...
khee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #26

I have managed to apply the VISA for my friend. At the counter, they return me the bank statement saying that it is not necessary for Singapore PR who has provided Letter of Employment.

2 days after submission, was able to collect the passport with the visa without any hassle.
Old 27-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #27

Hi,

I am a SPR and my son is not residing in Sg but in KL. I am planning us a trip to Tokyo, departing from KL. Flight purchase and itinerary arrangements are done via a tour agent in KL. Will i be able to apply visa for both of us in Singapore ?? (considering that I engaged the agent in KL). I totally have no idea abt it. I checked online thru the japan embassy, no FAQ to my query though.

Anyway, since i am a SPR, do the embassy still require an employment confirmation from the company or a bank statement of more than 5k is enough??

Appreciate if you guys and gals out there will be able to provide me with some feedback/options..... I am so totally shaken with all these..... headache!!!!!!
wawa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #28

Hi,

I am a SPR and my son is not residing in Sg but in KL. I am planning us a trip to Tokyo, departing from KL. Flight purchase and itinerary arrangements are done via a tour agent in KL. Will i be able to apply visa for both of us in Singapore ?? (considering that I engaged the agent in KL). I totally have no idea abt it. I checked online thru the japan embassy, no FAQ to my query though.

Anyway, since i am a SPR, do the embassy still require an employment confirmation from the company or a bank statement of more than 5k is enough??
Based on my recent experience, letter of employment seems to be essential. The bank statement account is not totally necessary at all.

As to where to apply for the VISA, I recall previously that if you are not working or studying in Singapore, you will have to apply for VISA in your home country. I have checked with the website and it seems to be the case:
http://www.sg.emb-japan.go.jp/visa_eligibility.htm

AM I ALLOWED TO APPLY FOR A VISA IN SINGAPORE?

The Embassy of Japan in Singapore only accepts visa applications from residents of Singapore. We do not accept visa applications from those who are temporary visitors such as tourists, short-term business travellers and foreigners transiting in Singapore. Non-residents of Singapore who require visas to enter Japan must obtain their visas at a Consulate or Embassy of Japan in their home countries. However, if a foreigner holds an original Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Ministry of Justice (Japan), he may apply for a visa here even though he may not be a resident of Singapore.

Actually, if you have booked the tour package from the travel agent in KL, they should be able to apply for the VISA on your behalf for a nominal fee.
Old 27-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #29

Based on my recent experience, letter of employment seems to be essential. The bank statement account is not totally necessary at all.

As to where to apply for the VISA, I recall previously that if you are not working or studying in Singapore, you will have to apply for VISA in your home country. I have checked with the website and it seems to be the case:
http://www.sg.emb-japan.go.jp/visa_eligibility.htm

AM I ALLOWED TO APPLY FOR A VISA IN SINGAPORE?

The Embassy of Japan in Singapore only accepts visa applications from residents of Singapore. We do not accept visa applications from those who are temporary visitors such as tourists, short-term business travellers and foreigners transiting in Singapore. Non-residents of Singapore who require visas to enter Japan must obtain their visas at a Consulate or Embassy of Japan in their home countries. However, if a foreigner holds an original Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Ministry of Justice (Japan), he may apply for a visa here even though he may not be a resident of Singapore.

Actually, if you have booked the tour package from the travel agent in KL, they should be able to apply for the VISA on your behalf for a nominal fee.
Hi hclee01,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes. the travel agent will be able to do it for me but one point to take note....The embassy need to retain the passport for at least 3 days for processing. The thing is...I cannot afford to take leave anytime soon. so, this is my prob. I was thinking if it's ok for the embassy, i will submit my application sometime in mid-sept....so, its like...i am not here nor there....I am so totally confused...I am not sure if the embassy can provide me with any options to my case....really complicated...
Well, you mean SPR oso need letter of employment? seems i gotta trouble the HR to draft me one....*sigh*
I have already sent in my query thru the embassy common email add....and will make a call 1st thing tomorrow morning...this really frustrates me....zzzzzzzzzz.....
wawa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #30

The embassy need to retain the passport for at least 3 days for processing. The thing is...I cannot afford to take leave anytime soon. so, this is my prob.

Well, you mean SPR oso need letter of employment? seems i gotta trouble the HR to draft me one....*sigh*
I have already sent in my query thru the embassy common email add....and will make a call 1st thing tomorrow morning...this really frustrates me....zzzzzzzzzz.....
Will suggest that you apply in Singapore instead for yourself. You can apply in person or request for a friend or tour agent to do it on your behalf. I believe that most travel agent in SG charges around $25 to $30 for assisting to apply on your behalf.

As for the letter of employment, I believe it is a document that they are looking for, even if you are a SPR, as this is the case when I helped a friend to apply last week. If you are not able to get it from your HR, you may wish to check with the embassy to see if the past months computerised payslip can be a substitute for this. I believe the staffs are quite helpful, so a call may just be able to resolve your issue.

All the best.

Last edited by hclee01; 27-08-2008 at 08:55 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.