HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Japan airfare promotion thread

Like Tree256Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #6721
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can compare yourself. Which one cheaper.

Redeeming is straight forward.

Went in november. My tickets cost is about SGD600 per pax. Return ticket. Peak season.

My friend took Delta i think.... economy class... more expensive...

Miles are not affected by peak seasons... while normal air ticket can double/triple during peak period.
I'm looking at the 40% bonus. 50k miles for biz return to Japan. I know taxes not added in yet.

Is there any fee for transferring SPG points to Alaska Airlines? Didn't know about the 5k bonus points for the transfer!

I can't do a one way stop over (in Tokyo) on the website. Any idea why or have to call Alaska Airlines for that? When I input different dates (days apart), the results returned will be a couple of hours transit.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #6722

CNY period ?
Scoot transits Taipei 1-2 hours if I am not wrong. Took it before. Disruptive & more time.

SIA direct to Osaka 2 weeks ago for me .
Departed A330 Sat 0130 & landed there 0830 with a nice start .
Returned home 1700 hour A380 upper deck.
No more transit if possible for me.
No transit for me. Maybe cos I travel alone. Heh. Go Fri come back on Tuesday.

Cannot compare scoot with sia
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #6723
pjs

You can compare yourself. Which one cheaper.

Redeeming is straight forward.

Went in november. My tickets cost is about SGD600 per pax. Return ticket. Peak season.

Miles are not affected by peak seasons... while normal air ticket can double/triple during peak period.
How do u get SGD 600? Return ticket.

According to Alaska website number of Alaska miles required are 25000X2 for business class in JAL.

So considering spg bonus you get 25000 miles for USD 455 - Thats for 1 way Business Class ticket?

Last edited by pjs; 07-12-2017 at 08:44 PM..
pjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #6724
Arch-Supremacy Member

CNY period ?
Scoot transits Taipei 1-2 hours if I am not wrong. Took it before. Disruptive & more time.

SIA direct to Osaka 2 weeks ago for me .
Departed A330 Sat 0130 & landed there 0830 with a nice start .
Returned home 1700 hour A380 upper deck.
No more transit if possible for me.
now there is direct flight to KIX, previously either transit thru BK or KKH.
BigMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 AM   #6725
Supremacy Member

deleted. .

Last edited by Zaalaa; 09-12-2017 at 10:24 AM..
Zaalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #6726
pjs

You are right on 1way biz is 25k miles. There must have some compromises.

*This post will be deleted in 24hours. I still want to fly this route cheaply next year April one.*
So how did your Nov ticket cost $600 in Business class?
Confused.
Please explain.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #6727
Arch-Supremacy Member

So how did your Nov ticket cost $600 in Business class?
Confused.
Please explain.
usually its use miles to exchange or he kana lucky draw that give him free tox but need to pay tax
BigMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:17 AM   #6728
Master Member

If you fly on BR (Eva Air), it's 25k miles one way or 50k miles roundtrip within Asia. Taxes were pretty high when I flew to Sapporo (SIN-TPE-CTS) one way (about $300+). It was a nice experience nontheless. Unfortunately, due to the flight timing when flying from Singapore or return, you most likely have to stay overnight at Taipei.
lcpteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #6729
Supremacy Member

For a bit more, save the torture of transit / precious holiday time / arrived fresh .

Don’t be too kumgong.
Zaalaa likes this.
Wood41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #6730
Supremacy Member

If you fly on BR (Eva Air), it's 25k miles one way or 50k miles roundtrip within Asia. Taxes were pretty high when I flew to Sapporo (SIN-TPE-CTS) one way (about $300+). It was a nice experience nontheless. Unfortunately, due to the flight timing when flying from Singapore or return, you most likely have to stay overnight at Taipei.
You are supposed to be the GOD of AIRLINES & HOTELS!!!

7hours flight became almost double the timing or more. I think it's not quite worth it... (i watched all the aircrash investigation documentaries)

Eva-Air redemption i think more suitable to just fly to Taipei. After that you can swim across to Okinawa into Japan.

I have never ever enjoy any flight because of surprise turbulence so i always minimize the flight time unless it is really worth it or cheaper to travel business than economy.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #6731
Supremacy Member

*deleted because user mecafe warning*

kthxbye

Last edited by Zaalaa; 09-12-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #6732
Master Member

You are supposed to be the GOD of AIRLINES & HOTELS!!!

7hours flight became almost double the timing or more. I think it's not quite worth it... (i watched all the aircrash investigation documentaries)

Eva-Air redemption i think more suitable to just fly to Taipei. After that you can swim across to Okinawa into Japan.

I have never ever enjoy any flight because of surprise turbulence so i always minimize the flight time unless it is really worth it or cheaper to travel business than economy.
Hehe, getting old liao..

True the journey is long but something to think about if you want to maximize your miles and if you enjoy flying in Business Class.

I'll be flying to Osaka for the Christmas weekend. Combination of SilkAir to KL, then Japan Airlines to Osaka and back to KL then back to Singapore on Singapore Airlines.

I really do enjoy Japan Airlines, will try to fly them more if they have good fares.
Zaalaa likes this.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #6733
Supremacy Member

Zaalaa, the next time if you can't keep flying Jal you should know the reason why.
I apologise to all frequent flyers and mile chasers in advance. GOMEN-NASAI!

Hehe, getting old liao..

True the journey is long but something to think about if you want to maximize your miles and if you enjoy flying in Business Class.

I'll be flying to Osaka for the Christmas weekend. Combination of SilkAir to KL, then Japan Airlines to Osaka and back to KL then back to Singapore on Singapore Airlines.

I really do enjoy Japan Airlines, will try to fly them more if they have good fares.
I really do enjoy JAL too. The service is the best i have experienced. Who cares about SQ memerising your names?

But the business class seats for SQ is better IMO. I can easily KIAO KA (put my leg on top of my leg while sleeping). JAL doesn't have space for me to do that.

And 180degrees somersault, i can't do that easily with JAL too. SQ seats are slightly bigger.

You flew 3 airlines in a trip. Power lah. JAL does have very competitive good fares.
mecafe likes this.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #6734
High Supremacy Member

Didnít know got this thread sia. I just paid $1.7k for 2 pax to Haneda in late March by SIA.
Franzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #6735
Master Member

I really do enjoy JAL too. The service is the best i have experienced. Who cares about SQ memerising your names?
Agreed, I do enjoy their service.

But the business class seats for SQ is better IMO. I can easily KIAO KA (put my leg on top of my leg while sleeping). JAL doesn't have space for me to do that.

And 180degrees somersault, i can't do that easily with JAL too. SQ seats are slightly bigger.
The only problem I see is SQ longhaul business class usually have to sleep in a slanted position. I've only tried both the 2013 version and regional business class seat.

You flew 3 airlines in a trip. Power lah. JAL does have very competitive good fares.
Yeah I will try to fly them exclusively for Japan trips. You should see the trip I made last year to USA. I had to transit/stopover 4 times (5 flights) lol... After I got off the flight, I lost track of time lol... Well it was a super cheap fare so couldn't resist.
Zaalaa likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.