Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tokyo-Osaka-Kyoto Itinerary Advice

Like Tree4Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

He's going for less than 2 weeks. Why would laundry be an issue?
huh? you guys going to bring 10 days worth of clothes there?
Old 20-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

huh? you guys going to bring 10 days worth of clothes there?
Huh? You change into new fresh set of clothes every day?
Old 20-03-2017, 01:47 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Laundry shldnt be an issue lah... U can wash ur clothes every few days, even if u want to change clothes everyday
evilerniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

my record for my jeans is 13 days without washing. But it was in autumn so less sweaty. But certain days due to some hiking quite sweaty too. But just flip it around and air it under the aircon or hang it under the hotel bathroom exhaust fan solve it. Or invest in those quick dry clothing, can wash daily if you like to wear fresh clothes daily.
Old 20-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

my record for my jeans is 13 days without washing. But it was in autumn so less sweaty. But certain days due to some hiking quite sweaty too. But just flip it around and air it under the aircon or hang it under the hotel bathroom exhaust fan solve it. Or invest in those quick dry clothing, can wash daily if you like to wear fresh clothes daily.
I feel so bad... my jeans haven't been washed in 2+ years now... it has been with me overseas and I wear it in SG too, no smells unless you are a very sweaty person.

Just air it, it will be fine.
cpuer likes this.
Old 20-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #36
High Supremacy Member

Huh? You change into new fresh set of clothes every day?
I do. At least for shirt every day. Pants maybe once every 2 days.
Sometimes u might not smell but other people will do.
Not so especially if going to restaurant and you wear stinky clothes.
anyhowsaysay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #37
High Supremacy Member

How you going solve your laundry issue?
If staying at Hotel, every morning bring down front desk or either that can call housekeeping to inform them

By 6pm, they wash nice nice and iron nice nice and put in your room. Smell nice as well.

If don't have hotel, then what u could do is find laundry shops around the place you staying. I think for residential area every 1-2km sure got 1.
anyhowsaysay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do. At least for shirt every day. Pants maybe once every 2 days.
Sometimes u might not smell but other people will do.
Not so especially if going to restaurant and you wear stinky clothes.
The restaurants we go is very different. The amount of spending we spend when we go Japan is also different. Not everyone can afford hotel laundry. if one knows one has BO, load up on deodorant/anti perspirant. Want to wash clothes, bring those light, quick dry material clothes.

Worse come to worst, if going for long period like two weeks and above, then look for laundromat or something similar. Nowadays laundry is no longer an issue for most travellers, even the most budget one.

The main point is still : no one brings 10 sets of clothes to change every day for a 10 days trip.
Ruriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

just look for a coin laundromat if hotel laundry service is too costly...
for me i use coin laundromat, because i wear cheap fabrics
RSKeisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #40

Lol... Such a strange question to ask in the first place. Yes, I agree with the majority. I won't be bringing 10 sets of top and bottom to wear for 10 days. That is madness to do so considering how much cold wear I have to bring during this period. Normally pants i'll just bring 2 to 3 to rotate around. End of the day, laundry is the least of my concern when there are other more important things to take care of during the trip.
Devil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

The only thing you might want to laundry is your underwear... and that can be done in the sink easily with soap if you can't find detergent or have no access to a washing machine.

Pants/Jeans do not really need to be washed during a 10 day trip. As for tops, if you're going to a colder country, they will probably smell better after a few days usage than 2 hours in the Singapore Sun. LOL

As for amount of clothes to bring, I usually bring minimal if I am going to a place like Tokyo where I can SHOP for all my new clothes.
Old 21-03-2017, 06:35 AM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't change bottoms everyday but I do change top. Hence my curiosity
bladez87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 07:22 AM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't change bottoms everyday but I do change top. Hence my curiosity
When are you going? If it's the cool weather period, you really don't have to change top everyday, unless you went into some smoking joints or bbq restaurant that stinks up your clothes. Like what devil said, 2 days old tee in cool weather will not have any smell compare to you wearing it 2 hrs in sg weather. You don't really sweat. Even if you do, it doesn't smell at the end of the day.

In sg, I have to put deodorant everytime I go out. Even if it's a 10min to somewhere near to dabao food, my tee will smell even with deodorant if I sweat. When I'm in cold weather countries, my top can wear for 2 days or 3, and it won't even have smell. (I applied deodorant too.)

If you have extreme BO, bring some tees with fast dry material. They'll dry overnight in the shower cubicle. Or just use hairdryer in the case when it doesn't.

Or, get a hotel/serviced apartment that has washing machine/dryer in room. I know some Tokyu Stay hotels have them.
Ruriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.