Trip 27: Short short trip

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My hotel (Hotel Wakakusa-don't really like this hotel. Anyhow cancel my booking. But cheap: 6700 yen for 2 persons, only allow ppl who can speak Japanese to stay in this hotel)

Tram at Hiroshima

Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dessert

Taught my disciple how to catch this.
1st toy: 2500 yen
2nd toy: 1500 yen

Ichiran Ramen =)

Karaoke practice again

Hiroshima Station

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Kitty cafe in Himeji. =)

10985569_1060967773920560_6552918850153875312_o.jpg

Umeda

Last edited:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 1:
Our flight started off on Sun night heading towards Shanghai. Encountered a few turbulence and hard landings at both airports but ok so far... When we reached Kansai airport, was surprised to see a lot of PRC tourists, took us about 1 hour to clear the queue. By the time we reached hotel it was already 2 plus almost going to 3pm, went to Den den town to see some games and buy some stuff, went for karaoke to practise 発音 and went to meet my friends for dinner in the end.

Weather: Showers at parts of Osaka....

Both of us almost caught a cold.. am back in hotel to rest and prepare for our next day to Hiroshima. =)
========================================
Day 2:
Woke up at 7am to head for Hiroshima. Had our Lotteria breakfast on the Shinkansen, arrived at Hiroshima n headed for the beautiful, fairytale-like Miyajima. After that, we went to Atomic Dome n finished the whole day with some karaoke, shopping for games, Taito UFO catchers with a delicious Ichiran ramen.
Lesson on how to use anime to teach Japanese back at the hotel. =)
Day 3:
I think that Day 3 was one of the best days for us. We started off with going to Kurashiki in Okayama to see the old houses of Japan, then proceeded with karaoke practice, went Himeji, visited e outside of Himeji castle, had our fantastic tea break at Hello Kitty cafe. Ended our day with a cut at the salon with a nice bento n cake.
Day 4:
Day 4 was quite an exciting day for us. We started off in Umeda to learn how to pick good books for students. Spent about 2 hours there before going to Coco Ichibanya to have our curry rice. Watched 暗殺教室 in the afternoon n walked back to Denden town to get some more stuff. Had our dinner and walked around the neighbourhood.

Weathers: sunny
Day 5:
Day 5, being the last day is kinda e shortest i guess. Upon reaching Kyoto, we took a cab to Fushimi Inari, passed by the 千本通り n 清水寺 n the love shrine inside the temple. Had lunch and dessert at one of the most famous shops near 清水寺。 initially wanted to go Gion, but somehow or rather, we ended back up at the mouth of 清水寺、decided to take the bus n train back to the hotel, then head for the airport.

Points to note:
1) China Eastern Airlines always delay, but on the sky, chiong like 1000km instead of the normal 800+km. Landing is hard, so be prepared.

2) Buy insurance if you are taking China Eastern Airlines.

3) Service on China Eastern Airlines is not bad. =)

4) A lot of PRCs. Be prepared...

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice photos. I thought the main hall of Kiyomizudera is under renovation or they have finished it? Last year the renovation was at the place where you took the photo.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.