UNIQLO Ultra Light Down

c1528351

Reaction score
In toyko now...just bought a few down jacket here since I never brought any along...is cheaper over here in japan as compared over singapore.

Ilovepolkadots

Reaction score
just wondering if uniqlo ultra down can withstand below 0 degree and below?

will be travelling in january

any recommendation for good down jacket?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do layer lor
With only ultra light down is not enough if u the type Who can't endure it lor
I was in sapporo with a UNIQLO 4 way coat is ok for me in winter

And tokyo in winter

I used to use northface but after got uniqlo 4 way coat I'm ok with it no need long john or maybe I have adapted to it

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or if u can endure go japan then buy more choice and cheaper

Below 0 where u going actually

dungeonalley

Reaction score
I've been trying to find the 4 way coat from uniqlo hor, cannot find leh. so sad.

anyway it depends on your tolernace level. I wear like ultra warm down from uniqlo in dec. (about 10 to 6deg with strong wind) + warm heattech + normal shirt + pullover. anyway we always forget about the legs. super freezing cold.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find the 4 way coat from uniqlo hor, cannot find leh. so sad.

anyway it depends on your tolernace level. I wear like ultra warm down from uniqlo in dec. (about 10 to 6deg with strong wind) + warm heattech + normal shirt + pullover. anyway we always forget about the legs. super freezing cold.

4 way us best lor
but uniqlo stop selling it in 2016
the last 4 way is in 2015
which i find it quite best refresh model
more pocket but too bad i didnt hoot it
hope 2017 they wll make one

since 2016 end of 2017 they only refresh with pure down n a better outer material so the down wont be easy come out poke out lor and more water resistant
as i try before i hoot one of them and use on my 2017 trip walk in the winter heavy rain and it works damm good

but i still wish 4 way better looks more salary man'

if u feel damm cold means the ultra down is not fit for u lor
plus your body cant adapt the cold and cant endure it
get a btter coat lor
and do layer

for me i only 4 way coat and normal long sleeves and jeans
the most is a glove
in sapporo minus 0 or tokyo around sub single digit or 10 deg +

i go saitama is much colder than tokyo so i use my cashmere uniqlo scarf and its ok liao

Last edited:

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Nope. Confirm plus chop not enough.

You need layers. Please layer up WITH uniqlo ultra down. Something like heattech (I personally don't wear heattech for top but many do) -> t-shirt -> fleece jacket -> ultra light down. Throw on a thin windbreaker on top if it's windy.

Try to get your outer layers with zips so that its easier to unzip when you are indoors. You need to protect yourself against the cold when you are outdoors, but you don't want to get toasted when you are indoors either.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
4 way us best lor
but uniqlo stop selling it in 2016
the last 4 way is in 2015
which i find it quite best refresh model
more pocket but too bad i didnt hoot it
hope 2017 they wll make one

since 2016 end of 2017 they only refresh with pure down n a better outer material so the down wont be easy come out poke out lor and more water resistant
as i try before i hoot one of them and use on my 2017 trip walk in the winter heavy rain and it works damm good

but i still wish 4 way better looks more salary man'

if u feel damm cold means the ultra down is not fit for u lor
plus your body cant adapt the cold and cant endure it
get a btter coat lor
and do layer

for me i only 4 way coat and normal long sleeves and jeans
the most is a glove
in sapporo minus 0 or tokyo around sub single digit or 10 deg +

i go saitama is much colder than tokyo so i use my cashmere uniqlo scarf and its ok liao

i got my warm down in 2015 leh. totally miss the 4way one. but i wear too much, like too over esp when the locals like no need wear so much one. i think most importanly is the limbs cool. + legs i never wear long john ah. just heattech and jeans only siao one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.