Universal Studio Japan

tidalstorm

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advices.

Will be buying express pass and VIP Wristband. My boy is a huge Harry Potter fan. Think I will camp there cos he wanna go ollivanders, try all butter beer, buy interactive wand etc....

Sent from Bona Fide Phone using GAGT

Last edited:

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advices.

Will be buying express pass and VIP Wristband. My boy is a huge Harry Potter fan. Think I will camp there cos he wanna go ollivanders, try all butter beer, buy interactive wand etc....

Hi

I share here with you.

Once u buy the express pass ticket, u can choose your timing to enter Harry Potter. I think a VIP wristband to enter USS early is overkill.

I'm going on a super peak period so I only can buy my tickets n express pass on USS website n pay in yen.

The resellers are not selling for my dates.

Hope it helps.

westsideguy

Reaction score
I went to USJ 2 Fridays ago, during Halloween. If you're not taking any extreme roller coasters like me, then no need for express pass. The roller coasters are 2~3hrs queue. But if you are going during non-Halloween season then perhaps no need express pass too.

I reached at 8am and the park was already open, so headed straight for Harry Potter, no need for timed entry, queue was less than 40mins. Then made my way around the other attractions. By noon i was 80% done so i started queuing for the Halloween Mazes. Most of them start at 12noon, and i didn't know some needed timed entry so i could only enter 2. Around 5pm, i shopped in Harry Potter world and did the Wand Experience(10mins queue) then went out to see the Zombies which start at 6pm. This is the mistake i made because Death Eater show(also 6pm) in Harry Potter World requires a ticket so once i exited the area i couldn't enter again.

But the Zombies were really good too....i thought there would be an opening show somewhere but instead of a show, they just descended into the crowds from all directions and people were just screaming and not knowing why. Then i realised the Halloween Mazes which required a timed entry earlier were open to public again, so i started queuing. Quite honestly, there are too many things to see during Halloween but i was too tired to finish.

tidalstorm

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

I share here with you.

Once u buy the express pass ticket, u can choose your timing to enter Harry Potter. I think a VIP wristband to enter USS early is overkill.

I'm going on a super peak period so I only can buy my tickets n express pass on USS website n pay in yen.

The resellers are not selling for my dates.

Hope it helps.
Will be buying the Express pass via website. Studio Pass will be through JTB. Resellers asked me to check back 2 days before my intended date so I do not want to take my chances.

As for the Wristband, still thinking if I am going to get it. Express pass only let me play hp ride once. Later my boy wan to play again, I would need to Q for a few hours which I am not willing to do so. So with wristband, I can let him play the hp ride until he sian so would not bug me to Q hp ride....

tidalstorm

Master Member
Reaction score
I went to USJ 2 Fridays ago, during Halloween. If you're not taking any extreme roller coasters like me, then no need for express pass. The roller coasters are 2~3hrs queue. But if you are going during non-Halloween season then perhaps no need express pass too.

I reached at 8am and the park was already open, so headed straight for Harry Potter, no need for timed entry, queue was less than 40mins. Then made my way around the other attractions. By noon i was 80% done so i started queuing for the Halloween Mazes. Most of them start at 12noon, and i didn't know some needed timed entry so i could only enter 2. Around 5pm, i shopped in Harry Potter world and did the Wand Experience(10mins queue) then went out to see the Zombies which start at 6pm. This is the mistake i made because Death Eater show(also 6pm) in Harry Potter World requires a ticket so once i exited the area i couldn't enter again.

But the Zombies were really good too....i thought there would be an opening show somewhere but instead of a show, they just descended into the crowds from all directions and people were just screaming and not knowing why. Then i realised the Halloween Mazes which required a timed entry earlier were open to public again, so i started queuing. Quite honestly, there are too many things to see during Halloween but i was too tired to finish.
Halloween rides take away some of the crowds from the usual attractions. With no Halloween, the crowds will once again go back to the usual attractions.

Will be taking the coasters though and prepare an express pass for it. May skip flying dinosaur.

heymee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be buying the Express pass via website. Studio Pass will be through JTB. Resellers asked me to check back 2 days before my intended date so I do not want to take my chances.

As for the Wristband, still thinking if I am going to get it. Express pass only let me play hp ride once. Later my boy wan to play again, I would need to Q for a few hours which I am not willing to do so. So with wristband, I can let him play the hp ride until he sian so would not bug me to Q hp ride....

VIP Wristband for early entrance will enable you to enter Harry Potter Attraction -no need time entry. You will be the first batch to play ride...Yes, can play at least 3 times...
But must be Super early...like 7am ...if USJ opens at 8.30am...
If you are late...you will have to enter together with the General Crowd.
That is why the Wristband cost only SGD18 per person...

Have fun!:D

heymee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This what how I felt when I entered before the General Crowd!:D

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
Halloween rides take away some of the crowds from the usual attractions. With no Halloween, the crowds will once again go back to the usual attractions.

Will be taking the coasters though and prepare an express pass for it. May skip flying dinosaur.

Flying dino not for those seeking thrill rides..but still scary for kids imo.. haha..

westsideguy

Reaction score
You mean Flying Dino is not scary? Looked pretty scary to me. I used to do these thrill rides but now getting timid.

I really doubt the usefulness of that VIP wristband. As mentioned earlier I entered the park at 8am without any wristband nor express pass and the queue for Harry Potter wasn't that long.

tidalstorm

Master Member
Reaction score
You mean Flying Dino is not scary? Looked pretty scary to me. I used to do these thrill rides but now getting timid.

I really doubt the usefulness of that VIP wristband. As mentioned earlier I entered the park at 8am without any wristband nor express pass and the queue for Harry Potter wasn't that long.
The wristband lets u play 2 or 3 rides without much queuing. After that no use liao. Would save a bit time.

Think u are lucky that day u went not so crowded.

I report my findings after my trip in December.

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score

Not scary when riding it..look scary thou..only hollywood dream is scary..

andyhaw1978

Reaction score
Not scary when riding it..look scary thou..only hollywood dream is scary..

Not scary meh? The G-force is extreme when it coming towards the black hole!

I went to Fuji-Q before and it's comparable to their top 4 rides there.

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
Not scary meh? The G-force is extreme when it coming towards the black hole!

I went to Fuji-Q before and it's comparable to their top 4 rides there.

Not as scary compared to everland wooden coaster..lol

tidalstorm

Master Member
Reaction score
Booked the express pass via usj website. Very unfriendly. Took me 2 hours to book as website error when make payment. Tried 3 browsers and end up found that I need to turn off my kaspersky briefly when confirming payment. 1st time encountered need to turn off Internet security then can confirm payment.

To those who want to buy express pass of usj website, Pls take note if u encounter problem confirming the payment. For info.

peepee

Reaction score
Is it cheaper to buy USJ tix from JTB at S$95 or go Osaka then buy from Lawson?

juxtaposition

Reaction score
My plan is to buy my USS Osaka and Tokyo Disneyland on KLOOK once my dates are available.

But they do not have my USS express pass on my super peak dates.

Else, my first choice is to buy from KLOOK.

So I went to USS official website to buy both the admission and express pass, paid in yen.

I just bought my Tokyo Disneyland and it is an e-ticket so no need to exchange any ticket.

I have checked:

JTB is selling $102
KLOOK is $99

With my referral code -$4.50, I paid $94.50 and I use my cashback card so I pay $89.80 which is a good deal.

Last year, I pay 6400Y on Disneyland offical website and yen was cheap so I paid about $72.

But this year disneyland ticket is 7400Y. It is incredible how the prices are getting more expensive.

If you are interested in having the $4.50 discount (after conversion, it is about S$4.50), you can PM me.

Thanks for reading, I am just sharing here.

Updates: of course there are cheaper sellers especially on Qoo but the agony of receiving the tickets is just too much to handle. The seller will email you 1-2 days before your dates and you have to print it out. Not to mention that you have to keep harassing the sellers in case they forget to send you.

Last edited:

peepee

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Indeed I think jtb raise price to $100+. Still not decided whether to buy from Klook or q10. Btw, saw in klook they have data plan too. $2 per day with device. Maybe will get this instead of changi recommend

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Indeed I think jtb raise price to $100+. Still not decided whether to buy from Klook or q10. Btw, saw in klook they have data plan too. $2 per day with device. Maybe will get this instead of changi recommend

For me, unlimited data with no capped data wins my $.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.