Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

18 days itineary help for South korea

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #1

18 days itineary help for South korea

Hi bro/sis,

Need help on itineary on my 1st visit to South Korea this coming Oct. I am travelling with my wife..

We both would like to experience as much as possible, local food, culture.
Interested in visiting places beautiful sceneries, islands ,temples.

Not so interested in kids theme park..

Our trip starts from 26 Oct Friday ,arriving Seoul Incheon airport 6am and return depart from Incheon on 12th Nov monday 7pm.

Currently on mind , we want to go jeju 1st and slowly travel northwards thru cities like , Gwangju ,Busan, Ulsan , Daegu etc.. back to seoul ( and the last 2~3 days will stay at seoul for last shopping )

26Oct ~28 Oct

Will start of the trip with 3 ~4 days in Seoul - where should we visit and stay?
And any recommendation stay which is low cost and close to local shopping with night market street..

then on 28Oct sunday noon
we will travel by budget flight to Jeju. arriving Jeju 1pm

Thinking of renting a small car.. instead of booking tour taxi ..
( do i need to convert my Sg driving license? )
Planning a 3 ~ 4 days stay at Jeju. should be sufficient to cover most ?
Please help to advise itineary and budget stay in Jeju.

Thinking of leaving Jeju by ferry to Mokpo .
How much is the ferry tickets ? is it advisable to take ferry.

Then the rest journey upwards back to Seoul , I am clueless how to plan.
I will have 11 days after Jeju onwards.. looking to add in island trip like Ulleungdo.

Will end the trip with last 2~3 days in Seoul.

Please help...
jalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #2

You may choose to stay in those guest house while in Jeju but now there are some new low price hotels in Jeju. You may contact Mr.Won (our driver there during our stay) for better accomodation and price. He speak English and Mandarin.

As for Seoul, we stay in Insadong and Myeongdong, both near to shopping and eating.

For more details, you may check out my blog GoEatWind. Cheers.
chrisyew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #3

Thanks Chris. your blog is very detailed.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #4

Hi bro/sis,

Need help on itineary on my 1st visit to South Korea this coming Oct. I am travelling with my wife..

We both would like to experience as much as possible, local food, culture.
Interested in visiting places beautiful sceneries, islands ,temples.

Not so interested in kids theme park..

Our trip starts from 26 Oct Friday ,arriving Seoul Incheon airport 6am and return depart from Incheon on 12th Nov monday 7pm.

Currently on mind , we want to go jeju 1st and slowly travel northwards thru cities like , Gwangju ,Busan, Ulsan , Daegu etc.. back to seoul ( and the last 2~3 days will stay at seoul for last shopping )

26Oct ~28 Oct

Will start of the trip with 3 ~4 days in Seoul - where should we visit and stay?
And any recommendation stay which is low cost and close to local shopping with night market street..

then on 28Oct sunday noon
we will travel by budget flight to Jeju. arriving Jeju 1pm

Thinking of renting a small car.. instead of booking tour taxi ..
( do i need to convert my Sg driving license? )
Planning a 3 ~ 4 days stay at Jeju. should be sufficient to cover most ?
Please help to advise itineary and budget stay in Jeju.

Thinking of leaving Jeju by ferry to Mokpo .
How much is the ferry tickets ? is it advisable to take ferry.

Then the rest journey upwards back to Seoul , I am clueless how to plan.
I will have 11 days after Jeju onwards.. looking to add in island trip like Ulleungdo.

Will end the trip with last 2~3 days in Seoul.

Please help...
i did what you intend to do albeit the 18 days.

i went to jeju first, then busan area then seoul

for jeju, i rented a 1.6 forte from kumho car rental. u have to make a reservation online, cheap and good. take note their parking area is away from the airport. you have to get a international license over at aa as over in korea they only recognise that. i only spent about 2 nights over in jeju, went to the garden to the west, mt halla and then that crater to the east. sorry forgotten the names.

then i flew to busan using jeju air, took a car from the airport. i rented from kumho. less hassle and paperwork, plus i believe they gave me a discount. booked an old avante, but they gave me a latest avante full specs..awesome !!. explored busan for a day or two. my motel was in central busan, near to the fish market. explored haeundae beach, the bridge beach, the hill by the haeundae, the lighthouse area right to the east..all in a day or two. then after, i explored of busan, to daegu, ulsan, pohang..basically south gyeongsang province South Gyeongsang Province - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

last day of my trip, i took a ktx from busan to seoul..dint intend to spend much time in seoul as seems to me its similar the cities in se asia..

for cheap and good lodgings, try agoda.com: Discount Hotel Reservations Worldwide - Smarter Hotel Booking! the rooms i rented cum wif full 2 beds, bath tub, pc with internet connection..no forgetting cum wif supa huge tv..lol..

Last edited by enrell69; 11-07-2012 at 11:16 PM..
enrell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #5

i did what you intend to do albeit the 18 days.

i went to jeju first, then busan area then seoul

for jeju, i rented a 1.6 forte from kumho car rental. u have to make a reservation online, cheap and good. take note their parking area is away from the airport. you have to get a international license over at aa as over in korea they only recognise that. i only spent about 2 nights over in jeju, went to the garden to the west, mt halla and then that crater to the east. sorry forgotten the names.

then i flew to busan using jeju air, took a car from the airport. i rented from kumho. less hassle and paperwork, plus i believe they gave me a discount. booked an old avante, but they gave me a latest avante full specs..awesome !!. explored busan for a day or two. my motel was in central busan, near to the fish market. explored haeundae beach, the bridge beach, the hill by the haeundae, the lighthouse area right to the east..all in a day or two. then after, i explored of busan, to daegu, ulsan, pohang..basically south gyeongsang province South Gyeongsang Province - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

last day of my trip, i took a ktx from busan to seoul..dint intend to spend much time in seoul as seems to me its similar the cities in se asia..

for cheap and good lodgings, try agoda.com: Discount Hotel Reservations Worldwide - Smarter Hotel Booking! the rooms i rented cum wif full 2 beds, bath tub, pc with internet connection..no forgetting cum wif supa huge tv..lol..
Hi Enrell69,

Thanks for advice. About Jeju car rental, what is the rental cost per day ?
Not sure whether it is worth to rent for 3days or just take bus and cab?
Travelling with my wife, 2 pax only
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #6

Hi Enrell69,

Thanks for advice. About Jeju car rental, what is the rental cost per day ?
Not sure whether it is worth to rent for 3days or just take bus and cab?
Travelling with my wife, 2 pax only
if im not wrong..its abt sgd60 per day..i travelled with my mum. the good thing abt renting is that u can go wherever u want at your own discretion. u can plan your own route etc etc..
enrell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.