Car Rental Jeju [Help]

Cometdevil

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
register as a member at Kumho to get discount rates. Book online and present the confirmation paper to the counter at the airport and she will direct you to the shuttle bus to Kumho. Remember to register your int. driving permit at AA
np50k9.png

are the discount rate you mean according to this table?
I see the line in blue seems to say is not applicable to jeju.

help please

nephilim

Reaction score
Seogwipo - Tae Gong Gak Guesthouse.

I have decided to take the car the next morning at lotte hotel. I think that will be safer than driving at night. Haha.

I second Tae Gong Gak. The owner is so helpful and friendly!

Anyway I booked my car rental simply by approaching a counter at the airport (I arrived at 8pm somemore).

Upon confirmation, the counter staff led me to a big carpark beside the airport where the REAL car rental offices are - believe it or not, they run their 'offices' from inside vans.

So I believe you might get even cheaper rates if you manage to locate and approach the staff at the vans yourself. But the problem is they don't speak English at all!

Jeju is so relaxing and easy to drive around, compared to mainland Korea!

Xenros

Reaction score
so is it cheaper if i go there and rent car instead of booking? I going for 3 day trip with my gf, want to find the cheapest rental car.

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so is it cheaper if i go there and rent car instead of booking? I going for 3 day trip with my gf, want to find the cheapest rental car.

Reserve online will ensure the car you want is available. And I think got some discount.

My trip to Jeju is ending tomorrow, so will be returning the K5 tomorrow.

Experiences:
Left hand drive is really an eye opener! Took me some time to get used to it. Even till today I will still wanna change engage gear with my left hand.

Car dimension is a problem too. But by today was rather ok liao. Still have a bit of problem staying in the centre of the lane. No landmark to follow on the car to keep it in Toh centre.

Right turns, do not need to follow traffic lights. I stopped at a junction outside of the car rental and was horned. Haha.

A number of junction have no traffic light and is free for all. This one is a problem for me as I'm used to traffic lights. Have to look at all other 3 junction to make sure. I don't know who has the exalt right of way at those intersections.

Lastly, their GPS is good!! Very big screen too. Tells you where is the speed bump, how many more metres to turn, with a countdown, inform you when speed is exceeded.

High chance will exceed when you go downhill. That's what I encountered with a police holding a camera at the base of the slope. :(

Think will kenna summon for going above 10km/h. Haiz.

kaikaibird

Reaction score
The minimum eligibility for car rental is 21 years of age with one (1) year of driving experience and the basic rental
terms and conditions apply identically to every branch of KT Kumho Rent-a-Car. (The effective period until the next
aptitude test must not expire within the rental period.)

does this mean that if you are at least 21 can rent already cause they later mentioned the age is 25

tirimisu

Reaction score
Reserve online will ensure the car you want is available. And I think got some discount.

My trip to Jeju is ending tomorrow, so will be returning the K5 tomorrow.

Experiences:
Left hand drive is really an eye opener! Took me some time to get used to it. Even till today I will still wanna change engage gear with my left hand.

Car dimension is a problem too. But by today was rather ok liao. Still have a bit of problem staying in the centre of the lane. No landmark to follow on the car to keep it in Toh centre.

Right turns, do not need to follow traffic lights. I stopped at a junction outside of the car rental and was horned. Haha.

A number of junction have no traffic light and is free for all. This one is a problem for me as I'm used to traffic lights. Have to look at all other 3 junction to make sure. I don't know who has the exalt right of way at those intersections.

Lastly, their GPS is good!! Very big screen too. Tells you where is the speed bump, how many more metres to turn, with a countdown, inform you when speed is exceeded.

High chance will exceed when you go downhill. That's what I encountered with a police holding a camera at the base of the slope. :(

Think will kenna summon for going above 10km/h. Haiz.

Summon above 10km/hr?! That very slow leh

tjkb230

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have some queries for those who rented car in Jeju before:

Regarding the payment, do they accept debit card (or any credit card handed to them at the collection of car)? Or even better, cash?

For Kumho, is the English GPS provided FOC?

Is it possible to return car at Jeju airport early in the morning say 7 am, because I have a domestic flight to catch at 9 am. Not sure what is the latest time for domestic flight check-in, so I presume 2 hours in advance first.

Thanks in advance! :)

Jane2

Reaction score

Regarding the payment, do they accept debit card (or any credit card handed to them at the collection of car)? Or even better, cash?

Is it possible to return car at Jeju airport early in the morning say 7 am, because I have a domestic flight to catch at 9 am. Not sure what is the latest time for domestic flight check-in, so I presume 2 hours in advance first.

The Jeju Kumho branch opens at 8am in the morning the website states.

I returned mine at about 8plus as I was catching the 10am domestic flight back.

IT_noob88

Reaction score
Driving in Jeju

Hi.. I know this sound like a silly question..

does the person who had made advanced reservation for the car, be the one who is holding the international driving permit to drive the car?

Thanks in advance! :):):)

Jane2

Reaction score
Hi.. I know this sound like a silly question..

does the person who had made advanced reservation for the car, be the one who is holding the international driving permit to drive the car?

Thanks in advance! :):):)

I remembered giving them 2 international driving permit to register when i collect the car. I was the one who made the reservation but i didn't drive.

hoon_ki

Reaction score

they dont have English GPS. at least the person told me they didn't. i rented the car from the Lotte Hotel branch. The Korean GPS was quite easy to manage though..

For the benefit of the rest, i rented an SM5 for 48 hours and paid around 100k won (approx S$120), fully insured. Petrol costed me around 69k won (S$80) for the 2 day trip.

Xenros

Reaction score
they dont have English GPS. at least the person told me they didn't. i rented the car from the Lotte Hotel branch. The Korean GPS was quite easy to manage though..

For the benefit of the rest, i rented an SM5 for 48 hours and paid around 100k won (approx S$120), fully insured. Petrol costed me around 69k won (S$80) for the 2 day trip.

Meaning petrol is not included in the rental fee?

hoon_ki

Reaction score
nope. they give u full tank but expect u to top it up to full tank again..

Poker

Master Member
Reaction score
hey just to check if parking around at jeju is it cheap?

hoon_ki

Reaction score
i didn't pay a single cent. although my guesthouse owner mentioned that at the tourist spots they will come around to collect. around 2000 won.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.