HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Skiing in Korea

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #61
Supremacy Member

anyone had experience with daemyung vivaldi on the rental of ski equipments/clothes ? Will it be cheaper if purchase package from trazy ?
https://www.trazy.com/experience/det...ldi-ski-resort
From the link, helmet at 5k and gloves/googles at 10k is quite ok.

In fact, the gloves and googles are around the same price if you buy them from Decathlon. If u don't want googles, then do bring along your sunglass as the snow reflects the rays. If you have kids, suggest you get them the googles to protect the eyes.
aromilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #62
Supremacy Member

I heard that Korea has cheap skiing lessons. What is the price like? I'm looking for intense 3-4 full days of course. Something which will me damn skillful
AMD_FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #63
Supremacy Member

I heard that Korea has cheap skiing lessons. What is the price like? I'm looking for intense 3-4 full days of course. Something which will me damn skillful
You won’t be able to be “damn skillful” in 4 days 🙄 even with 4 full days of private lessons, unless you’re some kind of prodigy (or are already very comfortable on skates / roller blades).

I randomly google and it’s like around s$220-s$470/pax for 4 hours private ski lessons depending if you 1 instructor teach 1 person or teach 4 ppl, so you ownself estimate lo.
deodorant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #64

Hey guys,

I'm planning to go snowboarding, which mountain would you guys suggest/recommend?

Would going on day tour (inclusive of equipment etc) be more worth it then compared to travelling from Seoul to the place and renting everything on your own? cause i read that foreigners get better rate at certain places.
lynlynlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #65

U can easily buy the package online. Ski/SB with rental equipment n clothing + roundtrip bus. A quick intro lesson is included.

Now I’m at Elysian ski resort, nearest to Seoul, 1.5hr bus ride.

For the tour, u can buy ski lift tickets at cheaper price about 10k won (instead of 40k/50k won).

Example:

Hey guys,

I'm planning to go snowboarding, which mountain would you guys suggest/recommend?

Would going on day tour (inclusive of equipment etc) be more worth it then compared to travelling from Seoul to the place and renting everything on your own? cause i read that foreigners get better rate at certain places.

Last edited by juxtaposition; 26-12-2017 at 01:29 PM..
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #66

U can easily buy the package online. Ski/SB with rental equipment n clothing + roundtrip bus. A quick intro lesson is included.

Now Iím at Elysian ski resort, nearest to Seoul, 1.5hr bus ride.

For the tour, u can buy ski lift tickets at cheaper price about 10k won (instead of 40k/50k won).

Example:
Which tour did you go with?

i read from a few different places that Yongpyong is the place to go.
lynlynlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #67

YP went before, nice. Best is to stay over a night else Super rush.

FYI

Which tour did you go with?

i read from a few different places that Yongpyong is the place to go.

Last edited by juxtaposition; 26-12-2017 at 03:28 PM..
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:36 PM   #68
Supremacy Member

Reporting in from Vivaldi Park. Not a particularly big fan of just how crowded it is here (ridiculously long queues for the beginner slopes) or the need to return ski clothes and gear at the end of each day (and re-rent the next day).

Number of slopes also a bit low, slopes themselves are a little boring (mostly all just straight and flat down the hill), and man-made snow sort of sucks.

But if you're gonna holiday in South Korea anyway and don't want to go all the way to Yongpyong etc, it's a truly day-trippable resort from Seoul, and you can't really ski that many pistes in a single day anyway.
Old 27-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #69
Supremacy Member

Reporting in from Vivaldi Park. Not a particularly big fan of just how crowded it is here (ridiculously long queues for the beginner slopes) or the need to return ski clothes and gear at the end of each day (and re-rent the next day).

Number of slopes also a bit low, slopes themselves are a little boring (mostly all just straight and flat down the hill), and man-made snow sort of sucks.

But if you're gonna holiday in South Korea anyway and don't want to go all the way to Yongpyong etc, it's a truly day-trippable resort from Seoul, and you can't really ski that many pistes in a single day anyway.
I think YP is the best. Big with many slopes. Try to go when the ski season just open and you will not have the crowd. We went on the second last week of Nov this year and it was almost empty. Only like 30 fellows skiing.
aromilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #70
Master Member

how is the equipment/clothes rental process ?
is it fast ?
?????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 04:06 PM   #71
Supremacy Member

how is the equipment/clothes rental process ?
is it fast ?
I presume you are going with a tour group / ski operator / tour operator instead of totally DIYing.

If so, the queue for the clothes and equipment itself is fast and efficient, like maybe 10mins to collect clothes (jacket and pants only. Everything else must buy), and another 10-15mins to queue and get the ski gear and put it on.

The problem is that during peak times when the ski / tour operators have dozens of groups of people, they take a long time to get everyone sorted. For example after arrival and putting bags in hotel coin lockers and going back to the ski area at around 10am, we were told by the ski operator that our "slot" was 1pm. So we had to eat Burger King and slack around until around 12.15 before starting our process to get our gear, and only hit the snow at 1pm.

I'm sure it's not as bad during off peak weekdays though, we went the day after Christmas.
Old 29-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #72

Iím also at Daemyung Vivaldi and itís really crowded at the beginner slope. Going back to Seoul today
cancerguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:23 AM   #73
Supremacy Member

For anyone interested, here's my Vivaldi Park compilation. Only did 7 of 12 slopes (the easiest 7 of course, lol). Like I mentioned earlier, the mountain can perhaps be called "boring." And during peak periods it's crowded as hell.

Link to full review/write-up on blog if you're interested.

Last edited by deodorant; 04-01-2018 at 03:16 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.