When should I start checking for Promo flights domestically?

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Hi All,

as above. Have planned a trip in about 5mths. Will be visiting a few places in Korea.

Would appreciate some advice on when to start looking out for promo air tickets?

Like AirBusan has a early bird promo 3 months in advance but the promos are for certain flights and we'll not know what's the promo coming up.

So I'm looking for alternatives here.

Any help would be great!

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

as above. Have planned a trip in about 5mths. Will be visiting a few places in Korea.

Would appreciate some advice on when to start looking out for promo air tickets?

Like AirBusan has a early bird promo 3 months in advance but the promos are for certain flights and we'll not know what's the promo coming up.

Any help would be great!

I check almost everyday. I book once i find the fare is good. As long as you see the promo fare at the extreme left column you can book liao.

Estados

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Any help would be great!

u asking about air ticket to korea or domenstic flight within korea?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Any help would be great!

Depends ... even airlines also can have last min promo
if u feel price is rite, u can go ahad and book ;)

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
I check almost everyday. I book once i find the fare is good. As long as you see the promo fare at the extreme left column you can book liao.

everyday. wow. thats exhausting. :s13:

u asking about air ticket to korea or domenstic flight within korea?
Domestic!

Depends ... even airlines also can have last min promo
if u feel price is rite, u can go ahad and book ;)

mmm alright. I've been checking once every week and its already tiring.

Was hoping there's someone who roughly knows when the promos of each airlines are. :s13:

LeSavoirFaire

Reaction score
Hi All,

Any help would be great!

You can try Asiana. I was checking Asiana website in Oct & Nov for late March tix. The promo for March started on 1st Dec. So if you say 5 months, I guess you're looking for tix in April? If so, can start looking out for it in Jan.

I guess for Asiana, the promo starts 3 months in advance for the month you are looking for, irrelevant of the date.

Good discount of approx 50-60% for mid-day flights. After discount, it is cheaper than domestic budget airlines like Jeju Air, Air Busan.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
You can try Asiana. I was checking Asiana website in Oct & Nov for late March tix. The promo for March started on 1st Dec. So if you say 5 months, I guess you're looking for tix in April? If so, can start looking out for it in Jan.

I guess for Asiana, the promo starts 3 months in advance for the month you are looking for, irrelevant of the date.

Good discount of approx 50-60% for mid-day flights. After discount, it is cheaper than domestic budget airlines like Jeju Air, Air Busan.

Cool. I will keep a look out!

Yes you are right. Im going late Apr to Mid May. Travelling across seoul busan Jeju, the usual stuff. So wanna find some good offer for domestic flight.

Cheers.

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I fly in SQ to incheon and get a domestic flight, is it more expensive?

LeSavoirFaire

Reaction score
If I fly in SQ to incheon and get a domestic flight, is it more expensive?

Domestic flights operate out of Gimpo. You will need to factor in the transport and time.

May or may not be more expensive, depending on your SQ fare if it is on promo chances are it may be lower than Korean Air/Asiana ex Sin.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
I think now already got promo right? I went in to check last week. As long as it is cheap you can book liao. The promo rate is at the first column.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
I wasn't able to check for domestic flights on Asiana website.

Entered the departure city and when the website diverts automatically to their regional site, it always shows an error.

I still have two legged unbooked.

Any flight recommendation for GMP - BUS, and BUS - JEJ ?

LeSavoirFaire

Reaction score
I wasn't able to check for domestic flights on Asiana website.

Entered the departure city and when the website diverts automatically to their regional site, it always shows an error.

I still have two legged unbooked.

Any flight recommendation for GMP - BUS, and BUS - JEJ ?

No issues using Asiana website though on chrome browser.
You can try Air Busan.

If you wanna try Korean Air, better to use Internet Explorer, their website not optimized for chrome when making payments.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Oh thanks!

That's strange though. couldn't get Asiana's website to work and using Chrome too. Let me try again tonight on IE maybe? Could it be because I'm booking only one way?

Have been stalking AirBusan since end last year and they suddenly stopped the early bird sales. Was so annoyed. lol.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.