HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fast Forward to LG V30!

Like Tree217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2017, 08:22 AM   #31
High Supremacy Member

Why are they killing off the V series features? Removal battery, secondary screen and tough built are what makes the V series unique. I guess it's not making money so they killing it off? Now it just look like an upgrade to G6. So they are killing off the G6 too? What a bummer. Talking about killing 2 birds with one stone except is a shot in their own foot
Indeed. I'm curious what are the differences between G and V now. But I'm glad that LG keep the headphones jack around.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #32

To be honest I was so hyped when I saw the first render of V30 with secondary screen at the bottom and super thin benzel. It looked like the future.

https://youtu.be/wj9aKFtNpjQ

Now I'll just stay with my V20 for the hopefully next 3 years, I guess
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Jim Moriarty; 18-07-2017 at 11:24 AM..
Jim Moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #33

is LG stupid or what? taking the key features away from the V series? might as well just rename it as G6+ better right? see liao oso not so dulan.

no remove batt, no 2nd display. wtf man?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kiryu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #34
High Supremacy Member

freestyle via PCWX
~Dragonite~ likes this.
amazingone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #35
High Supremacy Member

A slightly better camera, faster processor, AMOLED screen would be the differentiating factors this time I guess.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #36

If v30 has AMOLED screen, theorectically it doesn't need the secondary screen as AMOLED can turn on individual pixels to display "AOD" unlike LCD
~Dragonite~ likes this.
deckcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #37
High Supremacy Member

If v30 has AMOLED screen, theorectically it doesn't need the secondary screen as AMOLED can turn on individual pixels to display "AOD" unlike LCD
Maybe that's why LG is abandoning the secondary ticker display on the LG V30

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #38

But the UI still looks like cartoon..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #39
High Supremacy Member

But the UI still looks like cartoon..
That's why they have a built in theme engine I guess. At least can hide most of the cartoons.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #40

is LG stupid or what? taking the key features away from the V series? might as well just rename it as G6+ better right? see liao oso not so dulan.

no remove batt, no 2nd display. wtf man?
If it's oled then it doesn't need 2nd display unless they totally abandon the function.

How to removable battery if they want ip68?

Just have to accept it.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Dovahkiinskyrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #41
High Supremacy Member

Actually I will take removal battery than IP68. That's my preferred choice of course. So far all my phones stayed dry. But with all the contenders moving towards IP68, LG has to as well. By looking at things moving now, I think sooner or later LG will cease either the G or V series since the line between them is diminishing.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #42

I don't bring my phone with me to the swimming pool or bathroom, so I don't really need IP68

IDK about the AMOLED screen tho. Hopefully no burn in if they are planning to somehow use it to replace secondary screen.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Jim Moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #43

Well here is my take on LG for them to be successful
1) warranty - they need to give 2 years warranty for people to gain trust that they have indeed fixed the boot loop issues that having been plaguing the phones.
2) battery life - LG has never been known to have good battery life but this has got to be a priority now that most new phones have good battery management and one of the criteria that people are searching for when buying phone is battery life.
3) go with the flow - LG timing on phone release is really bad.. look at G6 (flagship) still using previous generation CPU. Now they are going to release v30 based on sd835 but other companies already looking at the next generation processor so if they continue this trend they will always be slower than other companies by a generation. Study the roadmap and go with the flow LG! You have to skip a generation and sync yourself with latest technology
4) software - LG is the pioneer in some must hv features such as double tap wake and sleep that a lot of phones followed. They hv some smart location features like turn on or off wifi at home. They should expand this more to include profiles ( sound, bluetooth, wifi, data) vased on location. I'd also like to see more customization on nav buttons like what they hv on OnePlus or the p10 (super nifty thinking out of the box with home button gestures). All these software features make your brand standout and makes user can't live without such features.

Basically, LG needs a revamp if they do not want to continue losing money in their mobile department.
deckcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #44
High Supremacy Member

An upgraded Snapdragon 836 is coming soon, don't know will the LG V30 use it or not

Old 30-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=amazingone;109465540]An upgraded Snapdragon 836 is coming soon, don't know will the LG V30 use it or not

garychengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.