LG G3

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will this be waterproof like the sony z2?
Should have some sort of IPx7 certification for water and dust protection given the other competitors already have them.

LG G3 and its funky Quick Cover case caught riding the metro train

personally I am just not a fan of flip covers with cut out for the screen.........

Why leh?

newouverture

Reaction score
Should have some sort of IPx7 certification for water and dust protection given the other competitors already have them.

Why leh?

I hope not. The usb flap is the most annoying thing to have on a phone.

Bringing phone into toilet bowl, swimming pool or talking on phone while in the rain or bathing is not my style.

zenify.me

Reaction score

Why leh?

IMO the whole reason for a flip case is to protect the screen with the flip cover, just feel that it kind of defeat the purpose when there's a cut out that makes part of the screen more vulnerable.

newouverture

Reaction score
IMO the whole reason for a flip case is to protect the screen with the flip cover, just feel that it kind of defeat the purpose when there's a cut out that makes part of the screen more vulnerable.

Probably the cutout has a plastic on it just like the one on note3.

newouverture

Reaction score
10.5mm u all still buying meh?

Wait till the official specs out first lah bro. :)

M8 is 9.3mm thick but it feels slim to me as its tapered behind.

Z2 is only 8.2mm but it feels Damn thick and difficult to hold as it is same thickness throughout.

1 extra mm won't make a diff I guess.

Last edited:

mun

Reaction score
Hopefully thicker means removable backcover, removable battery and micro SD card slot.

Not truth that must be thicker as removable backcover nowadays is just a snap on type.

If the overall design is too thick, it will lose its appeal.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't want a removable cover, it shows that it's not full metal body
I doubt it is full metal anyway. It's more probable of a plastic-with-brushed-metal-finish back cover, which would beat having a plastic-only cover anytime.

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
gsmarena_001.jpg

Landscape UX on the LG G3 leaks in a screenshot - GSMArena.com news

true form

Reaction score
S5 Prime and Sony Z3 incoming?

to counter LG G3 straight lol..

see priced at how much, with the current rates of new high end phones popping out... cannot expect to invest too much.

sky37

Reaction score
I hope not. The usb flap is the most annoying thing to have on a phone.

Bringing phone into toilet bowl, swimming pool or talking on phone while in the rain or bathing is not my style.

The Japanese models of phones like Sharp, Fujitsu and even the LG22 (LG G2 Jap model) could do waterproof without flap covers for USB and headphone jack. I think Motorola had something like this as well for one of their phones in the US. The user guide did mention the following, as well as short explanation of IPX5 and IPX7:

This product has a waterproof property equivalent to IPX5 and IPX7 on the condition that battery cover is securely attached (based on in-house testing). Specifically, you can make calls holding the product with wet hands in the rain (less than 20mm per hour) without umbrella, as well as use the product in a place with water such as a bathroom or kitchen.

IPX5 equivalent means that the product will maintain its operability as a phone even if it is sprayed with water from a 6.3 mm diameter nozzle at a distance of about 3 meters for more than 3 minutes at a rate of about 12.5 liters per minute from any direction.

IPX7 equivalent means that the product will maintain its operability as a phone with no water getting inside the main unit even if it is gently submerged in a tank of still tap water at room temperature to a depth of 1 meter for about 30 minutes.

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably the cutout has a plastic on it just like the one on note3.

having plastic is a mixed bag cos it tends to scratch the screen with the plastic cos dirt gets trapped between the phone screen and the plastic.

SZQddy

Reaction score
I doubt it is full metal anyway. It's more probable of a plastic-with-brushed-metal-finish back cover, which would beat having a plastic-only cover anytime.

I would prefer matte plastic. Metal would degrade signal, cold to touch, slippery, and increase cost. I just dislike glossy slimy plastic but matte plastic would be ideal.

The renders look great if it is plastic but actual photos look shiny and slightly tacky... so not sure what to think. Overall package looks great though and it should be the smallest 5.5" phone available, which is what I'm after.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.