LG G3

dlzq999

Reaction score
any significant difference or improvement?

App loading and performance feels much snappier. I couldn't perceive any improvements in battery life. Very minor downside is that apps take marginally longer to install because it is compiled during installation.

doggybark2

Reaction score
Anyone has the problem where the weather app keeps running? In my battery menu, the weather app is at 42% even higher than screen.

I already disabled location and force stop the weather app but it seems to be running on its own

dlzq999

Reaction score
Anyone has the problem where the weather app keeps running? In my battery menu, the weather app is at 42% even higher than screen.

I already disabled location and force stop the weather app but it seems to be running on its own

Nope no issue for me. Try clearing the data and cache for the weather app and see if it persists.

mryoso

Reaction score
App loading and performance feels much snappier. I couldn't perceive any improvements in battery life. Very minor downside is that apps take marginally longer to install because it is compiled during installation.

Hope we can have a side by side comparison with a g3 running dalvik and art ☺

wall_beal

Reaction score
I'm planning to get the Note 4 but too bad my $200 voucher will expire on Aug. 17.. so my options are:

LG G3
Sony Xperia Z2
HTC One M8
Samsung S5

I'm leaning more to LG G3.. is it the real deal?

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to get the Note 4 but too bad my $200 voucher will expire on Aug. 17.. so my options are:

LG G3
Sony Xperia Z2
HTC One M8
Samsung S5

I'm leaning more to LG G3.. is it the real deal?

I owned M7 (tho not M8 but close), and S5. But most happy with G3 :)

wall_beal

Reaction score
I owned M7 (tho not M8 but close), and S5. But most happy with G3 :)

Thanks! I will re-contract later and the only available colors are black and gold.. Is gold okay? Hahaha..

My current phone is HTC One X by the way..

For LG G3 users, no huge problems on the phone yet? I remembered, I returned my One X twice for having no internet access.. The airplane mode was 'On' and you cannot disable it.. It was a huge deal with One X before and I got that problem too, not only once but twice!

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I will re-contract later and the only available colors are black and gold.. Is gold okay? Hahaha..

For LG G3 users, no huge problems on the phone yet? I remembered, I returned my One X twice for having no internet access.. The airplane mode was 'On' and you cannot disable it.. It was a huge deal with One X before and I got that problem too, not only once but twice!

Gold is a good choice, classy and subtle and not Ah Beng-ish.

No prob with my set. Heard of people whose set auto-turn off once in a while but not a deal-breaker

wall_beal

Reaction score
Gold is a good choice, classy and subtle and not Ah Beng-ish.

No prob with my set. Heard of people whose set auto-turn off once in a while but not a deal-breaker

What sets apart LG G3 from other phones? I researched already on the internet and youtube but I just want to know specifically from G3 users.

Your opinions will matter a lot to me because I will use this phone for 2 years :)

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score

What sets apart LG G3 from other phones? I researched already on the internet and youtube but I just want to know specifically from G3 users.

Your opinions will matter a lot to me because I will use this phone for 2 years :)

Ergonomic buttons (at back)
feels like 5.1 but screen is 5.5
good battery life
good and quite fast camera (night shots better than S5)
good screen (colours can be adjusted to look like Amoled of Samsung)
snappy Ui
knockon and knock code (dunno real names but all the knock to turn on/off and unlock)
intuitive and well implemented functions eg. one-hand operation which resizes and realigns keyboard instead of S5 just resizes whole screen... zzz
nice design

wall_beal

Reaction score
good battery life
snappy Ui
knockon and knock code (dunno real names but all the knock to turn on/off and unlock)
intuitive and well implemented functions eg. one-hand operation which resizes and realigns keyboard instead of S5 just resizes whole screen... zzz
nice design
You're the best haha! Will get mine later

xiaovanz

Reaction score
Been using it for 1mth+ and so far this is 1 of the best android phone.
My 1st LG phone as well.
(I have used Samsung, HTC previously).
In terms of UI, is simple and easy to use.
Many commented the colours are not 'bright' however I find it pleasing to the eyes cos over saturated colours might be bad for eyes.

Though I have to say the speaker at the back is kinda awkward but is ok for me cos most of the time Im using earphones.

Im also using the glass protector from Adix which is smooth and SGP slim armor.
Perfect match so far.

note: Im not promoting the phone, just sharing my experience.

wall_beal

Reaction score
Been using it for 1mth+ and so far this is 1 of the best android phone.
My 1st LG phone as well.
(I have used Samsung, HTC previously).
In terms of UI, is simple and easy to use.
Many commented the colours are not 'bright' however I find it pleasing to the eyes cos over saturated colours might be bad for eyes.

Though I have to say the speaker at the back is kinda awkward but is ok for me cos most of the time Im using earphones.

Im also using the glass protector from Adix which is smooth and SGP slim armor.
Perfect match so far.

note: Im not promoting the phone, just sharing my experience.

Can you share where did you buy the protector and casing?

tansrb

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

to each his own. i remember pre-order alot of people were pleasantly surprised by the gold g3. i got myself a black and it's very nice too :o

go down to the shop to see the phones physically see which color u like lor :s13:

tansrb

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good battery life
snappy Ui
nice design

the back buttons need awhile to get used to but once used to it alr it's actually the best position on a phone. allows the bezels to be slim too.

and my friend and i did a side by side comparison between my g3 and her s5.. end up she agreed that the s5 camera isnt as good as lg :s13:

one more thing i like about the g3 is that LG doesnt flood you with bloatware in the UI like other companies do

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.