Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #31
Honorary Member

LG G3 caught in the wild, back-mounted keys here to stay - GSMArena.com news
kelvinti likes this.
Old 26-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #32

Looks good. The round shape camera lens, buttons looks similar to the UI.

Cant wait.
kelvinti likes this.
newouverture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #33

Looks like finger print scanner is here
kelvinti likes this.
GreenHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's a heart rate sensor ba....

Nice redesigned of rounded power and volume buttons.

Comparing to HTC, LG is more innovative in design billions miles aheads...

Boring HTC has not changed its design since HTC one version one..: (

Last edited by kelvinti; 26-04-2014 at 05:57 PM..
kelvinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #35

That's a heart rate sensor ba....

Nice redesigned of rounded power and volume buttons.

Comparing to HTC, LG is more innovative in design billions miles aheads...

Boring HTC has not changed its design since HTC one version one..: (
Esp the htc ui, new sense does not make any sense. The lousy 2 tone led notification is stupid, and only flash for probably 1~2mins and will not blink thereafter, always missed my msg and calls notification.

The new m8 is just a bigger m7, nothing has changed.

And they still stubbornly and stupidly put the power button on top of the phone, copying iphone for the sake of copying. Probably htc designer is a ET with long index finger.

Even new rumoured 4.7" ip6 also seems to have move the power button to the side liao.
kelvinti likes this.

Last edited by newouverture; 26-04-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Old 27-04-2014, 02:34 AM   #36

Esp the htc ui, new sense does not make any sense. The lousy 2 tone led notification is stupid, and only flash for probably 1~2mins and will not blink thereafter, always missed my msg and calls notification.

The new m8 is just a bigger m7, nothing has changed.

And they still stubbornly and stupidly put the power button on top of the phone, copying iphone for the sake of copying. Probably htc designer is a ET with long index finger.

Even new rumoured 4.7" ip6 also seems to have move the power button to the side liao.
So I take it you are not very happy with the M8 that you are holding on to right now?
I for one agree with you with regards to the placement of the power button. But that problem is alleviated slightly with motion launch. The power button is still necessary to lock the phone. Double tapping to lock the phone only works when you at the lock screen. I understand you can double tap to lock the phone anywhere in the LG G2's interface?

Motion launch can be quite annoying at times as certain commands can be triggered accidentally. They should allow the user to disable specific motion launches. I keep opening the camera app by accident when I am adjusting the volume when listening to music.
I don't like the black bar below the screen as well. They said it provides space to house the components but I think that is a bulls**t excuse. What about the other phones with very little bezels like the G2, Galaxy S4 and Nexus 5? They shouldn't have moved the buttons on screen, if they were going to keep the black bar. It effectively makes the 5 inch screen on the M8 less than 5 inch as there is no immersion mode in most apps. The black bar is just wasted space. They could have at least made it narrower. They already have a HTC logo on the back, why do they need one on the front? Seems this is the same case with most Android manufacturers, having a logo on the front and back.
I like how iPhones only have the logo on the back. It makes the device look much more elegant, without so much clutter.

Anyway, just my two cents
Old 27-04-2014, 04:45 AM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

LG is raising! HTC is doomed!

Long live the Nokia!
Old 27-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #38

I hope LG G3's camera will work a lot better than G2 because it has very slow auto focus in low light compared to other competitors. It takes more than 5 seconds to focus the subject in low light.
gws898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

It shoild be as the current Pro 2's camera is fast in low light focus already.

G3 might be even faster in the respect if LG improves it further.
gws898 likes this.
Old 27-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #40

So I take it you are not very happy with the M8 that you are holding on to right now?
I for one agree with you with regards to the placement of the power button. But that problem is alleviated slightly with motion launch. The power button is still necessary to lock the phone. Double tapping to lock the phone only works when you at the lock screen. I understand you can double tap to lock the phone anywhere in the LG G2's interface?

Motion launch can be quite annoying at times as certain commands can be triggered accidentally. They should allow the user to disable specific motion launches. I keep opening the camera app by accident when I am adjusting the volume when listening to music.
I don't like the black bar below the screen as well. They said it provides space to house the components but I think that is a bulls**t excuse. What about the other phones with very little bezels like the G2, Galaxy S4 and Nexus 5? They shouldn't have moved the buttons on screen, if they were going to keep the black bar. It effectively makes the 5 inch screen on the M8 less than 5 inch as there is no immersion mode in most apps. The black bar is just wasted space. They could have at least made it narrower. They already have a HTC logo on the back, why do they need one on the front? Seems this is the same case with most Android manufacturers, having a logo on the front and back.
I like how iPhones only have the logo on the back. It makes the device look much more elegant, without so much clutter.

Anyway, just my two cents
Yes bro, somehow i am always attracted by the awesome looks, namely m7, bs and m8 and only to be utterly disappointed within 1 week of usage.

Yes, the UI is definitely one of the smoother one around and almost same as stock in terms of speed. Comparing side by side to G2, i feel there is not much difference. In some aspects, G2 might even be faster than M8.

Many reviews all praised how fast and smooth Sense UI is, probably they are only comparing against Touchwiz. But honestly, every UI out there is faster than touchwiz.

Sense UI is quite cumbersome, adjust the speaker volume, it also changes the notification volume, how stupid can it be. The leds as mentioned only has 2 colours and only flash for a minute and keeps showing orange when charging and ignoring even calls or msg comes in. These problems are already present few years back and htc keeps ignoring them and continue with them. These may seems small issues to them, but they make the device a pain to use and its not smart at all. In fact i find my nokia n95 10 years ago perform even better as a user friendly device back then.

For me, i am a working person, so i am not a entertainment freak. Boomsound, blinkfeed and lousy 4 ultrapixel are all useless to me. All these are just plain gimmicks to cover up all the flaws and laziness of their company.

Looking beyond the superb metal skin deep, m8 is just a piece of expensive aluminium thrash and yet again disappoint a loyal fan like me. I am sticking with my trusted G2 and anxiously waiting for G3 to trounce every device this year.

Last edited by newouverture; 27-04-2014 at 10:19 AM..
Old 27-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #41
Master Member

Exactly my sentiments. Not to mention LG is one of the few that offers 32gb as standard instead of a measly 16gb. I find it disgusting that the likes of Sony and HTC only gives 16gb and charges as though they're giving 64gb. For this reason alone, and with my current and amazing G2, I am gonna wait out for the G3 because it's going to be THAT DAMN GOOD.

Yes bro, somehow i am always attracted by the awesome looks, namely m7, bs and m8 and only to be utterly disappointed within 1 week of usage.

Yes, the UI is definitely one of the smoother one around and almost same as stock in terms of speed. Comparing side by side to G2, i feel there is not much difference. In some aspects, G2 might even be faster than M8.

Many reviews all praised how fast and smooth Sense UI is, probably they are only comparing against Touchwiz. But honestly, every UI out there is faster than touchwiz.

Sense UI is quite cumbersome, adjust the speaker volume, it also changes the notification volume, how stupid can it be. The leds as mentioned only has 2 colours and only flash for a minute and keeps showing orange when charging and ignoring even calls or msg comes in. These problems are already present few years back and htc keeps ignoring them and continue with them. These may seems small issues to them, but they make the device a pain to use and its not smart at all. In fact i find my nokia n95 10 years ago perform even better as a user friendly device back then.

For me, i am a working person, so i am not a entertainment freak. Boomsound, blinkfeed and lousy 4 ultrapixel are all useless to me. All these are just plain gimmicks to cover up all the flaws and laziness of their company.

Looking beyond the superb metal skin deep, m8 is just a piece of expensive aluminium thrash and yet again disappoint a loyal fan like me. I am sticking with my trusted G2 and anxiously waiting for G3 to trounce every device this year.
elmariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #42

Exactly my sentiments. Not to mention LG is one of the few that offers 32gb as standard instead of a measly 16gb. I find it disgusting that the likes of Sony and HTC only gives 16gb and charges as though they're giving 64gb. For this reason alone, and with my current and amazing G2, I am gonna wait out for the G3 because it's going to be THAT DAMN GOOD.
I agree with you partially. I don't understand why HTC only offers the M8 in 16/32gb SKUs when the M7 was offered in 32/64gb. So what if there is a microsd card slot? So you have to take away on board storage just to give us a microsd card slot? Com on, HTC. And worse still, they decided not to bring the 32gb variant here!

Having said that, even though the G2 offers 32gb of on board storage, it doesn't have a microsd card slot, unless you're holding on to the Korean model. But even then I don't understand why LG wants to fragment their user base like this by offering one with card slot and one without.
bondjamesbond777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #43

It shoild be as the current Pro 2's camera is fast in low light focus already.

G3 might be even faster in the respect if LG improves it further.
You using Pro 2?
bondjamesbond777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #44

Have been using LG optimus one, LG 4XHD, nexus 4, Optimus G, G2, G Pro and G Pro 2...u can feel that LG is coming up with better and more exciting phone every round especially with the form factor...

however, when I upgrade from samsung s3 to s4, note 2 to note 3, i have less of excitement when I upgrade...not to mention the current s5!!! Plus touchwhizz is like getting heavier and heavier with every new model.

Stil, i am not a fan to any particular brand, but this G3 is definitely something which I will lay my hands on if the hardware specs did not disappoint and based on my positive experience with G2.
kelvinti likes this.
Persie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #45

Can't wait for the full specs.
kelvinti likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.