HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG G3

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 AM   #7111

Yesterday as I was trying to book a Grab car ride, my phone just blanked out and died. Removing battery, holding power button, then connecting charger etc didn't work. Tried with another battery(non-original with unknown charge) too. Put it on charger overnight as well. Still nothing, no LED, No boot logo.. Total brick.

Motherboard issue right? I haven't backed up for a while I have another G3 with a broken screen also. Wonder whether can recover data somehow? I think no chance already ar?
You can,
Transfer the mobo of the cracked screen G3 to the one with the bricked G3
Pretty straightforward and easy process to do.

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #7112
Master Member

Your G3 board is dead. I had this just lately. There is no way to recover data. Everything is in the board's chip. I replaced mine with a new logic board from aliexpress and got back my phone. No point going to LG service center, they cannot retrieve data. If I not wrong, soon it will turn to blue screen like our PC's blue screen of death.
You can,
Transfer the mobo of the cracked screen G3 to the one with the bricked G3
Pretty straightforward and easy process to do.
WAH, can just change mobo like that so easily ?
3 months ago i got infected with the boot loop issue, now i am wondering if its worth the effort with G6 round the corner... dont think any one will take a bootlooping G3 right?

if the mobo is so easily replaced, can those repair shops at SLS or HDB mobile shops do it ?
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:03 AM   #7113

3 months ago i got infected with the boot loop issue, now i am wondering if its worth the effort with G6 round the corner... dont think any one will take a bootlooping G3 right?

if the mobo is so easily replaced, can those repair shops at SLS or HDB mobile shops do it ?
Yes, it is very easy to change the MB. But like I say, u cannot get back your data that are stored in the internal memory anymore. If u wish to use the MB from your broken G3 on this better chassis, yes u can. But the data and anything else is based on your broken screen G3. I can help swap your MB if u want. U can choose to buy a new logic board or swap with the other G3.
Ah Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #7114
Master Member

Hey guys, i have been using my korean version LG G3 for about one and a half year.
Encountered the bootloop problem last night with one of my two batteries. It was the one that is seldom used, while the other one tho still works but draining really fast.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to get a "new" battery from Qoo?
one of the seller has this 6 mths warranty for his battery but he said "Boot loop issue with LG phones are not associated with the battery.

If you encounter this issue, please contact LG to have your phone fixed.

Thanks."

has anyone got experiences with "new" battery getting boot loop issues right away or very soon, like less than a month?

Please advise.
Joelleyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #7115

anyone gotten a korean set g3? my set seems to have problem with android pay keep saying more than 1 card when making payment.

any advise?
Centronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #7116

Yesterday as I was trying to book a Grab car ride, my phone just blanked out and died. Removing battery, holding power button, then connecting charger etc didn't work. Tried with another battery(non-original with unknown charge) too. Put it on charger overnight as well. Still nothing, no LED, No boot logo.. Total brick.

Motherboard issue right? I haven't backed up for a while I have another G3 with a broken screen also. Wonder whether can recover data somehow? I think no chance already ar?
idk, mine got flooded last week. took it to a local repair shop. the guy fixd it but i learned a few things there. g3 and g4 heat up a lot, and that removing the battery without turning them off often messes up with their processor/board. haven't experienced it myself though despite the fact i do that a lot.
MasterChief86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #7117
Master Member

Hi guys, my LG G3 started to flicker its screen and gone blackout. Currently it is hard to use the screen and I barely can see the phone at all. I googled and found this problem met by other users around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAUkXLR7eQI&t=64s

I found a couple of fixes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH5w...ature=youtu.be

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...ssful-t3397411

Does any user have this experience? Know where I can get it fixed? I not so confident of myself doing this. TIA!
Just got the screen fading problem few days ago, I tried this method so far is working fine.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #7118
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. G3 damn easy to dismantle and extract out the mobo. I tore apart my G3 and G5 a few times liao.

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT
Shdwfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #7119

Had a G3 long ago and spoiled after just 1yr.

Know that LG phones have known issues and I think thats why LG trying to salvage their reputation with 2yr warranty for G6

But anyone have G3 that is still working after so many years? Or is it all spoil liao?
killerslayer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #7120
Great Supremacy Member

Mine still working

Know that LG phones have known issues and I think thats why LG trying to salvage their reputation with 2yr warranty for G6

But anyone have G3 that is still working after so many years? Or is it all spoil liao?
Old 02-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #7121
Arch-Supremacy Member

Still working, only screen cracked and some parts not working coz I dropped it the wrong way.

Sent from a place where the sun don't shine without using GAGT
Shdwfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #7122
Master Member

Shot on my 3yr old lg g3, edited in sony vegas with smart zoom

Old 02-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #7123

1 G3 still working, the other has screen problem, flickering and with vertical lines.
mr168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #7124
Master Member

1 G3 still working, the other has screen problem, flickering and with vertical lines.
could be heat problem like mine, if heat problem use the coin fix method.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #7125

could be heat problem like mine, if heat problem use the coin fix method.
thanks, let me try to salvage the phone tonight! Bro, you used a 5 cents coin?

Last edited by mr168; 02-10-2017 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: add another comment
mr168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.