LG G6

kalibur

Reaction score
Although oreo benchmarks leaked a few days ago, unlikely. *edit* what the flying fack it take so long to download a 442mb update?!

Yeah its not. Its V10m-SEA-XX. Just some usability and functionality updates.

Last edited:

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice any visible improvement to the phone? I don't notice any. Like before. No better, no worse.

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feels battery drains alittle faster when idle,needs to check the behavior for a few days to confirm

herwwx

Reaction score
Noticed battery is draining quite fast after the recent updates. V10m still not sure yet, yesterday jus got the OTA

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm half a day and it drops to 41% after 5 hours of screen on time with the V10m-oct192017 update.

Am using data passport in Malaysia. Just Facebook whatsapp and pccw.

I hope the update addresses the Krack wifi vulnerability. Didn't see any change log and couldn't find on google also that address this

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I notice the phone gets hot and drains battery quickly whenever there is an app update by Google Play. Anyone experience same thing?

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Just bought a G6 & updated to latest software. The phone is quite warm compared to my previous Samsung A7 2017. Battery life also not as good. Sigh...*********

Sent from LGE LG-H870DS using GAGT

New phones usually run hot within the first couple of days of setting up as it has to build cache, sync stuff in the background etc. Give it a couple of days. I've been using the G6 for a few months and it's one of the coolest running phones I've use. I measure battery temp using GSam and it seldom goes above 35 degrees even under moderate to heavy load. That's pretty good since most phones will hit 40 degrees and above. Read somewhere that G6 has a built-in cooling pipe to help with heat mgt

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will G6 battery be damaged if phone is left charged most of the time even after battery has been fully charged?

altya1

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how to toggle the default payment wallet? I can't change between uob mighty and android pay...

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Will G6 battery be damaged if phone is left charged most of the time even after battery has been fully charged?

Modern phones automatically cut off power to the battery once fully charged so it shouldn't spoil. But for best longevity you should unplug it once fully charge. As batteries don't like to stay in fully charged or zero charge state for too long

danheng

Reaction score
Hi, my screen off time, occasionally will changed to 30sec from wat i had set to, 2min.
no battery saver options turn on or anything.
any1 encounter this before?

Andrewtst

Reaction score
38239016511_043e1d3aa1_b_d.jpg

My 1st impression on LG G6 after switching from Samsung Galaxy S8+ today.

S8+ the only win is the much appealing screen. Not means the G6 screen is bad, just it still slightly loose to S8+. I am pretty sure the V30 will be very stunning since it is P-OLED.

But G6 wins down others especially the phone smoothness, the very stunning Quad DAC sound output, this is the best sound quality I ever heard from a mobile phone, and off course the very cool and awesome Wide Angle Camera. :)

Finish setup the G6 home screen look. :D

26468915639_49dc5c84fd_z_d.jpg

edmund_gan

Reaction score
38239016511_043e1d3aa1_b_d.jpg

My 1st impression on LG G6 after switching from Samsung Galaxy S8+ today.

S8+ the only win is the much appealing screen. Not means the G6 screen is bad, just it still slightly loose to S8+. I am pretty sure the V30 will be very stunning since it is P-OLED.

But G6 wins down others especially the phone smoothness, the very stunning Quad DAC sound output, this is the best sound quality I ever heard from a mobile phone, and off course the very cool and awesome Wide Angle Camera. :)

Finish setup the G6 home screen look. :D

26468915639_49dc5c84fd_z_d.jpg
I own a s8+ and a G6... Besides what you mentioned. .. donyou realised that the photo is not as sharp as s8+? But the wide angle camera is really very useful....

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.