LG G6

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't decide if I should get the V20 (a bit too big) or the G6 (no removable battery). I really like the G6 design and smaller size. I guess I'll wait for the price and read some reviews first.

I wonder if V20 and G6 having the same width. V20 bezels are narrow too.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
I wonder if V20 and G6 having the same width. V20 bezels are narrow too.

G6 has shorter width, at 72mm. V20 is 78mm. G6 has the smallest width for a 5.7-inch phone, supposedly feels almost like a 5-inch phone. That's the killer advantage.

Audris

Reaction score
P10 is not cheap too. Prices for phones are getting higher.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

Yah, the strategy initially is low price to get u to bite, after u hooked then time to reel u in. Think same strategy that Samsung pursued initially. Look at their prices now.

:( the price of smartphones is almost as high as laptop now but with shorter "lifespan".. iPhones at least still have value. Samsung phones are easy to be sold when put on carousell but I'm worried about LG. Thought wanted to get as soon as it's released in Singapore but having second thought with this price.. my contract is still long to go and considering that I still have to top up 700 to 800 more if I trade in/sell. That is the price of a new smartphone alr... I've never bought a phone above 1k so hopefully those external mobile retail shops will carry it at a better price.

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:( the price of smartphones is almost as high as laptop now but with shorter "lifespan".. iPhones at least still have value. Samsung phones are easy to be sold when put on carousell but I'm worried about LG. Thought wanted to get as soon as it's released in Singapore but having second thought with this price.. my contract is still long to go and considering that I still have to top up 700 to 800 more if I trade in/sell. That is the price of a new smartphone alr... I've never bought a phone above 1k so hopefully those external mobile retail shops will carry it at a better price.

You can wait for a few months first after it is released in Singapore then buy. Based on the past records, the price for LG phones drops quite fast.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me too. Getting phones above 1k is way too much for my wallet to handle. Lol

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
P10 is not cheap too. Prices for phones are getting higher.

Chinese OEMs like Oppo and Huawei sell their R9s/R9s Plus and P10/P10 Plus at high price but next time let say you wanna sell away you will cry, firstly resell value 100% lower than SAMSUNG flagship model, don't need to even mention Apple.

Secondly, those want to put on Carousell to sell, its harder to sell compare to Apple or Samsung.

The resell phone market based on brand in sg.
1. Apple
2. SAMSUNG (highest resell value for Android)
Follow by the rest: LG/Sony/HTC/Chinese OEMs (Huawei, Oppo, OnePlus etc)

Factors need to consider in buying phone is like buying car from selling price, brand, specification, software update support, depreciation value and resell value.

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chinese OEMs like Oppo and Huawei sell their R9s/R9s Plus and P10/P10 Plus at high price but next time let say you wanna sell away you will cry, firstly resell value 100% lower than SAMSUNG flagship model, don't need to even mention Apple.

Secondly, those want to put on Carousell to sell, its harder to sell compare to Apple or Samsung.

1. Apple

Factors need to consider in buying phone is like buying car from selling price, brand, specification, software update support, depreciation value and resell value.

If one intends to buy a phone and use, then just go for the one that is suitable and within your budget.

If depreciation and resell values are one of your buying factors, then just stick to Apple iPhone since they are the highest.

benny888

Reaction score

1. Apple

Phones are so much lower value products VS cars. Is a totally unfair comparison. How much does one really loses buying say LG VS Samsung in reselling. For me I had never bother about resale value in phones n I am a phone freak always getting latest phones on hand

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.