Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG Optimus G2

Like Tree804Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #2236
High Supremacy Member

Same concept as iloome but this one from ebay is from a korean seller. comes with the white or black border to block out the lg logo..I find it ex
androidbot likes this.
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #2237

Same concept as iloome but this one from ebay is from a korean seller. comes with the white or black border to block out the lg logo..I find it ex
Erk never notice until you mentioned about it. Don't wish to cover the logo haha. Then just wait and see.
tramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #2238

Have a look here...

MLT apk disable or remove - LG is watching you - xda-developers

Why would it need to track calls, apps running etc?
Thanks for the link. I went through the whole thread and there seems to be two camps on this issue. One that thinks LG is up to no good and the other, dismisses the MLT app as purely, a method for debugging phones. Same results are apparent on other forums too.

Some have described disabling MLT had freed-up phone memory, caused less lag and increased battery performance while others, have described no change at all but instead, noticed problems surfacing with apps and games upon disabling.

Frankly, there is not much known about the true purpose of MLT or what it tracks or collects for that matter. It may be packaged to support certain apps in tandem / phone or simply put, snoop. No one knows for sure what that data is. What worries me most is that MLT is part of your android system which is hidden away in a form of a discreet coded menu and MLT selection has no clear definition attached as in what is truly being disabled/enabled and its effects. Unlike, your normal phone settings the definition is there for example - "Auto Brightness" (definition: Brightness will be changed automatically depending on the surrounding lighting) if something goes amiss with your brightness you will know what to do. But for MLT there is no knowing what havoc it will cause on your phone/apps at a later stage be it enabled/disabled. And when these problems occur, it will be difficult to narrow down the cause.

What ever the case, I think it is a good find and the MLT topic needs better understanding and attention. But we just have to be very careful in the mean time. Personally, have you tried disabling MLT? Please share your feedback if you have. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #2239
Master Member

I've disabled MLT since yesterday evening and I've yet to experience any negative side-effects...yet.
DXMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #2240

I've disabled MLT since yesterday evening and I've yet to experience any negative side-effects...yet.
Any memory gain so far and how is the phone response, same or evidently better? Do advice on battery as well. Tks.

Like it when you say .... yet.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #2241

I have disabled MLT yesterday as well. No negative side-effects also. Battery life looks the same haha.
androidbot likes this.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #2242
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wonder if Adix bro is bringing in any tempered glass for our G2s. Save us the trouble of MO.
porcu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #2243

Wonder if Adix bro is bringing in any tempered glass for our G2s. Save us the trouble of MO.
Asked him on facebook this morning, still pending his reply.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #2244
High Supremacy Member

I have disabled MLT yesterday as well. No negative side-effects also. Battery life looks the same haha.
If there's any, should be more towards performance..

I also disabled mlt ytd, didnt feel much difference in anything..

I'm rather keen on the iloome but will wait and see first...Have to try the benks high reso sp i ordered first before deciding...
androidbot and tramie like this.
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #2245
Master Member

Any memory gain so far and how is the phone response, same or evidently better? Do advice on battery as well. Tks.

Like it when you say .... yet.

Definitely some memory gains. Previously I used to have around 650-680mb of RAM free, now I have around 750mb.

Phone response *seems* zippier, but then again, this could be merely a placebo effect.

Like what tramie said, I don't think it affects battery life. I'm currently 2hr 15mins off the charger and I'm at 94% with 35mins screen time, doing my test run with 4G enabled today.
androidbot likes this.
DXMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #2246

i disable the MLT and restarted the phone. Battery life from good to amazing.
Discharge from 4am, with screen display time on 55min, now still 89%.
yesterday, around same usage, it was around 70%
androidbot and tramie like this.
izaku8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #2247

I'm rather keen on the iloome but will wait and see first...Have to try the benks high reso sp i ordered first before deciding...
Same here..
Old 11-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #2248

Asked him on facebook this morning, still pending his reply.
Do post here too if you have news, i am awaiting to ditch my Quick Window cover once I found a suitable/nice casing and SP.

sturm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #2249
Master Member

Do post here too if you have news, i am awaiting to ditch my Quick Window cover once I found a suitable/nice casing and SP.

Me too.. a clearer sp and change to case.. flip is too troublesome for me..
benedict888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #2250

Me too.. a clearer sp and change to case.. flip is too troublesome for me..
I am going for this for mine.

LG Optimus G2 Leather Sleeve / Case Rum Diary by filzstueck

Always had a thing for premium leather sleeves
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.