LG V20

segafreak

Reaction score
Nah, customs just isn't for me. I just don't like the fixed feeling in my ear.

Haha ok. I can't do without my customs nowadays. Cannot stand complys or spin fit or any other types of tips. Want my music and not the background noise

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who the one trying to pass off local bundle b&o earphone as H3 in carousell huh? Lol

gsnba84

Reaction score
Planning on getting this soon. Would like to ask, where do you guys get an extra battery for the v20?

From what I've read, battery seems to drain quite fast, so would like to prepare by getting a spare battery. :s13:

Cheers!

You can buy extra batteries from the LG service center.
Don't know if they are selling the V20 batteries yet though.
That said, so far the battery is quite OK..

looper1994

Reaction score
when will Dec come :(

Zizo - OB alternative, cleaner design and seems less bulky, does come with built in port cover and better cam module protection as compared to OB

IONC-LGV20-BKSM-rfd_2_1024x1024.jpg

https://www.zizowireless.com/produc...ested-0-33-9h-tempered-glass-screen-protector

OBlix - comparable to Body glove's, SGP and VRS. Great for fast batt swap

sub1_c352e316-8bf8-49ad-9b2b-2a0002535a1a_1024x1024.jpg

https://obliqproduct.com/products/lg-v20-case-flex-pro

Tech21 - advance high quality TPU, easy install and removal as compared to OB or UAG, great for fast batt swap

tech21-evo-check-case-720x720.png

http://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/accessories/tech21-case-t3488275

non-branded rugged hybrid, military look - rubber inlay is a lint magnet, come with holster and kickstand and its cheap. Available at TB, ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rugged-Hybr...hash=item568efbb713:m:mYa6E8tI6ro_3PcV2aolLKw

poetic - http://www.poeticcases.com/lg-v20

Wahhhhhhh thanks for the finds

Milenegue

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me what to look at when mobile gaming becomes laggy? I am facing lagging issues with LG phones all the time. The same game I played on Note 7, s7 or s7 edge runs smoothly. But lags on a G5. Initially tot maybe G5 could be not as good as the Samsung phones.
But finally an LG new model which I believe is a freaking beast. But when I try the game on the V20. I am getting the same laggy performance.
Could it be the software issues? I seems to only get these constant lag from LG phones.

hellojeffo

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me what to look at when mobile gaming becomes laggy? I am facing lagging issues with LG phones all the time. The same game I played on Note 7, s7 or s7 edge runs smoothly. But lags on a G5. Initially tot maybe G5 could be not as good as the Samsung phones.
But finally an LG new model which I believe is a freaking beast. But when I try the game on the V20. I am getting the same laggy performance.
Could it be the software issues? I seems to only get these constant lag from LG phones.

Try looking at Settings > Battery & Power Saving > Game Battery Saver

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont understand what some case makers are thinking when they create the cut-out/notch for the back cover button....

2016102617411373499.jpg

silicone-case-lg-v20-nillkin-nature-soft-slim-transparent-clear-tpu-cover-2.jpg

bedlamite

Reaction score
Spigen Rugged Armor for $18 at one of the shops at Burlington

A bit too rugged for my taste but it'll do until more cases start coming in. All-around lip protection and a slightly grippy back make it worth the buy. Worlds better than the cr4p in the "premium" pack

Last edited:

UTOPIAKD

Reaction score
any lag or screen freeze when playing 7Knights on your LGV20?

My ipad mini 2 after upgrade to ios10, cannot play le due to constant screen freeze and lag.

I wonder how is the battery life when u play 7knights?

Gotten my set from M1 Clementi on Saturday afternoon... the staff were pleasantly surprised as many people turn up getting queue number without asking if v20 is available. :s13:

Battery life is much better than v10, is it the small upsize or the OS? I am not sure but I am loving it. While playing my game, 7knights, it heats up relatively on v10, but on v20, so far so good. Not feeling anything yet.

Feels better in my hands, I have small hands, wifey hands bigger than mine, I pass my v10 to her. Loves the feel of the v20 in my hands compared to v10. Lighter too.

**I bought FoneCare for a month to test this out... **
Switched on the LED for half and hour, battery drained closed to 7%, but my glass on the camera did not shatter. I put the phone faced down on the table and led facing the ceiling.

One thing I found weird is the back camera. Anyone tried using the normal mode instead of the wide angle? If my understanding is correct, wide angle uses both camera, and is at AP2.4.

Single camera is at AP1.8. In 2.4 it appears ok, in 1.8, the picture appears very washed up... do you all have the same or is mine a lemon? :o

Anyhow, upgraded from the robust v10 to v20, worth it I will say.

BananaMilkShake

Master Member
Reaction score
Spigen Rugged Armor for $18 at one of the shops at Burlington

A bit too rugged for my taste but it'll do until more cases start coming in. All-around lip protection and a slightly grippy back make it worth the buy. Worlds better than the cr4p in the "premium" pack
Spigen rugged armor at $18??? Which shop?????
P2o at burlington selling at $25.

bedlamite

Reaction score
Spigen rugged armor at $18??? Which shop?????
P2o at burlington selling at $25.
2 shops down, I can't remember the name but if you're walking down from Sim Lim to Burger King keep going past P20, it's 2,3 shops further down

I was nearly going to grab it from P20, went to the other shop straightaway got 7 dollar discount lolz

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 shops down, I can't remember the name but if you're walking down from Sim Lim to Burger King keep going past P20, it's 2,3 shops further down

I was nearly going to grab it from P20, went to the other shop straightaway got 7 dollar discount lolz

Think is mobile HardwareZone?

denis.solonenko

Reaction score

I have exactly same observation.

You would definitely need to go to "game battery saver" and turn on "optimization by game", then set each game to "low resolution & high frame rate". But this will only alleviate the problem, not fix it.

It seems to me that V20 thermal throttles a lot. Do an experiment - leave your phone for night, to let it cool properly, then run 3dmark benchmark. Then repeat benchmark a few times during busy day - you'll notice that the results are drastically different - hotter your phone is, the slower it is.

This really bothers me and I hope it can be fixed by a software update or rooting..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.