HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG V20

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most probably follow the friends series. Like on G5.

Sent from LGE NEXUS 5X using GAGT
garychengjw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:38 AM   #17

V20 or whatever in the future, as long as screen size is
below the G Pro 2, it won't be tempting me to have
one in my pocket.

LG may be trying hard to put the "Play more friend" by backing
up the poor sales of the G5 which has a 5.3" screen and
the poor battery compartment.
falcom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #18

V20 or whatever in the future, as long as screen size is
below the G Pro 2, it won't be tempting me to have
one in my pocket.

LG may be trying hard to put the "Play more friend" by backing
up the poor sales of the G5 which has a 5.3" screen and
the poor battery compartment.
A logical step as LG probably have poured fortunes in the R&D and production of the "friends".. I think it's time for me to look elsewhere LG has disappoint me twice this year..
racer46maut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #19

A logical step as LG probably have poured fortunes in the R&D and production of the "friends".. I think it's time for me to look elsewhere LG has disappoint me twice this year..
if they are smart they will stop pouring, cos the G5 proved that it's essentially nothing more than pouring money down the drain.

if LG is really that stupid to not realise that the market doesnt like the way they implemented modules and they still try to support the same failed thing, then I think they really deserve to lose more market share.
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #20

if they are smart they will stop pouring, cos the G5 proved that it's essentially nothing more than pouring money down the drain.

if LG is really that stupid to not realise that the market doesnt like the way they implemented modules and they still try to support the same failed thing, then I think they really deserve to lose more market share.
Yup! Concur with your views.

Modules are only useful if they are priced affordably, have wide spread availability and ideally have an open architectural platform for developers to work on or great support for its life cycle.

Hype factor wears off quickly and what's left is still essentially the phone which people would carry around.

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

V20 seems like a side grade.
Win some lose some..

V10 even after screen crack (accidentally placed in my tight pocket and the jean button pressed on it).. My non chalant attitude after which has suprized me.

Drop a few times liao bo tai ji..Seems like its quite durable..

Sent from #peoplealwaysparty using GAGT
vivalarave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #22
Master Member

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...-san-francisco

"The invite comes with two taglines: "Play More" and "The second story begins." The "Play More" tagline could hint that the V20 will be compatible with some, if not all the companion devices of the LG G5.."

I want to cry already..
Can explains? Sorry i passed on the G5

http://www.itechpost.com/amp/articles/23607/20160806/lg-v20-specs-features-better-samsung-galaxy-note-7.htm

Two of the highly anticipated smartphones this year are waging a notable competition against each other --the LG V20 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
And with the release of the new LG V20 leaks just a few days ago, it can be stated that its features and specs are better than the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, despite the two devices sharing certain similarities like a 5.7-inch screen display with a 1440 x 2560 resolution.

The most outstanding aspect of the V20 is being tagged as the first smartphone to run Android 7.0 Nougat, according to Android Authority. Having this pre-installed latest operating system in a device is a dream for many Android fana. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7, on the other hand, still sports Android 6.0.

Another influential feature of the LG V20 is the dual selfie camera and the dual screen. The back camera features a powerful 21 MP sensor. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7, on the other hand, is equipped with a dual camera syatem that feaures a 12 MP sensor for its rear shooter.
With regards to performance, the LG V20 is powered by a Snapdragon 820 chipset, which means that the phone will feature a quad-core CPU and the Adreno 530 GPU. To add more to the striking elements of the V20, Phone Arena revealed that it boasts an internal storage that comes in either 32 GB and 64 GB variants, together with a 256 GB capacity microSD slot. The Galaxy Note 7 shares the same processor but only shares 4GB of RAM.

...... Etc
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #23

Can explains? Sorry i passed on the G5

http://www.itechpost.com/amp/article...axy-note-7.htm
The G5 is using a modular concept which LG call them "friends" such as a camera grip and a DAC which nobody wants

So looking at the teaser I predict that LG is going to do this concept again on the V20. Which again nobody wants
Old 09-08-2016, 10:05 AM   #24

The G5 is using a modular concept which LG call them "friends" such as a camera grip and a DAC which nobody wants

So looking at the teaser I predict that LG is going to do this concept again on the V20. Which again nobody wants
that is something that i thought of as well, but if V20 remove DAC & AMP, it wont be any difference to LG G5 liao

V10 / V20 selling point has been "LARGER Screen" multi-media phone ...

if V20 disappoint the market, LG really game over

keep fingers cross
racer46maut likes this.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #25

that is something that i thought of as well, but if V20 remove DAC & AMP, it wont be any difference to LG G5 liao

V10 / V20 selling point has been "LARGER Screen" multi-media phone ...

if V20 disappoint the market, LG really game over

keep fingers cross
My opinion LG can sell more by just giving a spec bump to the V20
The only thing I would want to take away from the V10 is it's weight other than that I am very happy with the phone..
Old 09-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #26
Master Member

Oh... I checked it out...
Ya it's frills accessories... But the v10 itself is quite a powerful phone also right....

The main chipset is the difference between the flagship V and G series ?
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #27

Oh... I checked it out...
Ya it's frills accessories... But the v10 itself is quite a powerful phone also right....

The main chipset is the difference between the flagship V and G series ?
No difference between G4 & V10 in chipset only difference was RAM. This was probably because the Qualcomm 810 heat issues LG op for the 808..
Old 09-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #28

Exclusive LG V20 renders: every angle of LGs next flagship

you like?

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v...atures-708851/
Old 10-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #29
High Supremacy Member

looks pretty sleek wor....
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks Nice. Module again? Like that lose the tough build of v10.

Sent from LGE NEXUS 5X using GAGT
garychengjw is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.