HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG V20

Like Tree481Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #4861

My LG V20 suddenly hanged and died today after I got it for 2 months as an extra phone. Reminds me of my last G4. LG really sucks in their quality. On hindsight, probably should not have recontract the V20. Time to waste my time to head down to their service centre with my fairly new phone. Lucky my main phone is the S8+.
samson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #4862

For those experiencing image retention issues, you can try this solution. Just download this app sFilter in play store and enable it with 10% filter.

Link to app

It works for me! Problem solved instantly.
Old 13-01-2018, 11:31 PM   #4863

My LG V20 suddenly hanged and died today after I got it for 2 months as an extra phone. Reminds me of my last G4. LG really sucks in their quality. On hindsight, probably should not have recontract the V20. Time to waste my time to head down to their service centre with my fairly new phone. Lucky my main phone is the S8+.
Same my also died a few days ago. Knn no more warranty some more dunno how much it cost to reply. My just suddenly shut down and cannot power on. Canít even charge.
cinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #4864
eyz
Master Member

finally sold my v20 after 1 years of use.

the battery really drains very fast.
eyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #4865

I also thinking of selling my v20, but I have 6 or 7 phone cases, 2 addition batteries and desktop charging kit, not sure will anyone want to buy all of these...
Buy sometime think back v20 could be the last phone with removable batteries, dual SIM + micro SD, performance still very good,.battery life still acceptable. I would want to keep as a spare, just that I have a few spare phones...

Last edited by androidmazon; 15-01-2018 at 05:02 PM..
androidmazon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #4866
eyz
Master Member

I beg to differ.

the phone is really a power guzzler. 1 phone full batt and 1 additional battery can't even last me for a day.

I was really very frustrated with it.

I think you should just sell the phone at market price, and throw all the accessories in to sweeten the deal.

the only thing I miss is the super wide angle lens.

I also thinking of selling my v20, but I have 6 or 7 phone cases, 2 addition batteries and desktop charging kit, not sure will anyone want to buy all of these...
Buy sometime think back v20 could be the last phone with removable batteries, dual SIM + micro SD, performance still very good,.battery life still acceptable. I would want to keep as a spare, just that I have a few spare phones...

eyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #4867

Any user experience the followings :

1. The remote control app will emptied all created remotes every few months.
Happened few times already. Any fix?

2. The wifi speed is not performing to its max. I have link speed of 433M. While doing speedtest.net, can only achieve 130M down/200M up. Only once in a while, the speed can reach 280M down/280M up, which I think should be the optimal speed. Its even slower then an iphone 6 tested side by side... An iphone 8 easily achieve 300+M up/down. I'm on Singtel 1G with AC Plus.

Any comment?

PS: My unit more than a year old liao.

Last edited by David Lai; 29-01-2018 at 05:17 PM..
David Lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 06:13 PM   #4868

Any user experience the followings :

1. The remote control app will emptied all created remotes every few months.
Happened few times already. Any fix?

2. The wifi speed is not performing to its max. I have link speed of 433M. While doing speedtest.net, can only achieve 130M down/200M up. Only once in a while, the speed can reach 280M down/280M up, which I think should be the optimal speed. Its even slower then an iphone 6 tested side by side... An iphone 8 easily achieve 300+M up/down. I'm on Singtel 1G with AC Plus.

Any comment?

PS: My unit more than a year old liao.
1. I use irplus as remote control app. It works fine without any issues. I have 4 remote profiles, for 2 TVs, AV receiver and AC.

2. For wifi all application using internet connection are okay. Not tried speedtest in sometime.

My unit is also more than an year old. I think the features are much more than iPhone can ever offer. Dual sim, SD card, removable battery, FM radio and IR blaster what more do we need :-)
David Lai likes this.
sanjaynblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #4869

1. I use irplus as remote control app. It works fine without any issues. I have 4 remote profiles, for 2 TVs, AV receiver and AC.

2. For wifi all application using internet connection are okay. Not tried speedtest in sometime.

My unit is also more than an year old. I think the features are much more than iPhone can ever offer. Dual sim, SD card, removable battery, FM radio and IR blaster what more do we need :-)
1. Thanks for the remote app, will try it out.

2. For using apps/browsing, again, a side-by-side comparison with iphone 6 shows that my V20 loads slower. No idea what is wrong with my phone, or maybe its just how it works?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thought on this.
David Lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #4870

I realised certain apps can cause battery to drain fast. Smart doctor detected the app. I uninstalled n power back to normal.
lgmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #4871

The battery is really become worst, have to charge few times a day compare.

And still no news on oreo despite is a flagship by LG.A bit disappointed.
hinamoriamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:46 AM   #4872

hi all. looking to get either a lg v20 or lg g6. in a bit of a dilemma. anyone who has used both can give any advice?

thanks!
eddy0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.