Official LG P500 aka Optimus One user group

phenol

Reaction score
hi guys, is 2 gb sd card sufficient?

it seems kinda little.. does this phone play avi files?

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, is 2 gb sd card sufficient?

it seems kinda little.. does this phone play avi files?

Depends what you want to put in the card.

It is good enough if you do not use it for much video watching...

BigDevil

Reaction score
It should be Settings > SD card & phone storage > Mass storage only

You want to put a tick for mass storage so that your PC/NB can read the SD card like an external storage.

You can only read the mobile from your PC if you have installed the LG USB drivers that comes with the PC Suite.

Before you plug in USB
On your phone go to "Settings > Wireless and network > USB settings >"
Choose "Mass Storage"

After you plug in USB, wait awhile, the screen on your phone will change with the option to "mount usb". Tap on it.
Sometimes it might not happen the first time, so just unplug and replug the usb.

Alternatively, use a card reader to read from the phones sd card.

You want the latest PC suite, go LG Singapore website to download.

lohdavid

Reaction score
If you dl the free version, ads will keep appearing and cause some lag but not so bad. As for me i dl the free version and rooted my phone as well so that you can install Adfree(app to remove ads) and it will be much much better.

thanks bro!

Gabun VonBax

Reaction score
menu > settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Untick Data enabled

thanks for this very appreciated info.

another thing guys, that does opera mini do?
does this application can provide me to connect to the internet even i have no prepaid load.

note: thanks for the info about USB connections, i have downloaded PC suite. it is in the SD card as everyone said^^

BigDevil

Reaction score

does this application can provide me to connect to the internet even i have no prepaid load.

note: thanks for the info about USB connections, i have downloaded PC suite. it is in the SD card as everyone said^^
Opera mini is a browser...just like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox. You will still need to have wifi or 3G connection to be able to surf the web.

yohannlyc

Reaction score
It should be Settings > SD card & phone storage > Mass storage only

You want to put a tick for mass storage so that your PC/NB can read the SD card like an external storage.

Thanks for the correction BigDevil, I wrongly posted the path for another phone.

Sorry for any confusion caused Gabun

Gabun VonBax

Reaction score
Guys, Ive just downloaded games from my computer. where loacation should I save them to my phone? New folder? or just paste if after I've accessed the SD card?

Thanks^^

yohannlyc

Reaction score

If you have no data plan, you can still access the internet through WiFi (Wireless Network) if there is an available network.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, Ive just downloaded games from my computer. where loacation should I save them to my phone? New folder? or just paste if after I've accessed the SD card?

Thanks^^

Actually you can place it anywhere. I prefer to create a folder in my sd card and put all the apps there...

acura_ra

Reaction score
just got my optimus one today! erm however when i receive smses, it doesn't vibrate in silent mode, even when i put vibration to 'always' and 'only in silent mode'. can anyone help?:(

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got my optimus one today! erm however when i receive smses, it doesn't vibrate in silent mode, even when i put vibration to 'always' and 'only in silent mode'. can anyone help?:(

Mentioned before.

Messaging > option > settings > tick on vibrate

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh...okok didnt realise the left button was for the various component options. first time android user:s tks tks!!

The left button is like a right mouse click. Enjoy playing with your phone... :)

acura_ra

Reaction score
ok my phone died. the update to 10Vc failed, and it asked me to unplug my phone, take out the batt and turn it on again, whichc i did. and now the phone cant be detected by the computer and the screen is black save for a few weird numbers :( can anyone help??

Man v.1

Reaction score
ok my phone died. the update to 10Vc failed, and it asked me to unplug my phone, take out the batt and turn it on again, whichc i did. and now the phone cant be detected by the computer and the screen is black save for a few weird numbers :( can anyone help??

Sorry to hear that but i've no idea on how to help :(

Guys, any suggestion for best android applications out there?

Fancy Widget!
doubleTwist!(can play video and music)
PingChat!(if anyone using that can add me :D)
ShowNearby
Shop Savvy/Barcode Scanner
Folder Organizer(but need to buy)
Zedge(download ringtones and wallpapers straight to your phone)
Premier League News and Soccer Livescores (if you're into soccer)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.