Ala Carte Buffet Lunch at Peony Jade Clarke Quay

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ala Carte Buffet Lunch at Peony Jade Clarke Quay

Lunch at Peony Jade Clarke Quay

Traditional chinese decor. Playing deng li jun songs ... dunno why, but chinese restaurants n deng li jun songs always go hand in hand ...

Last edited by Toons; 22-11-2011 at 10:46 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

We started with the 1 order only dishes :-

Braised Superior Shark Fin with Crab Meat and Bamboo Fungus - avg to below avg, i'm not a shark fin fan, starchy as usual

Poached Prawns with Chinese Herbs - avg to above avg, the chinese herbal sauce is nice, prawns also quite fresh, but can be bigger

Deep-fried Soon Hock in Light Soya Sauce, good, yum yum

Braised Fish Maw & Mushroom in Superior Oyster Jus - avg, the mushrooms are big n tasteful though

Peony Jade Infamous Szechuan Smoked Duck - good, dunno why they called it infamous ... tot infamous means bad reputation, anyways, who cares, as long as the duckie is good. I liked it a lot, but if you dun like ducks or the smoked taste, then you might not like it, cos some of my colleagues did not dig it

Last edited by Toons; 22-11-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Old 22-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Chilled Whole Abalone in Thai Style Sauce, avg - not an abalone fan

Deep-fried Live Crabs with Salt and Pepper - below avg, sigh, looks better than it tasted. Crab over fried, so dry, too small too

Sliced Pork Belly with Garlic Sauce -good, tender, fatty n the garlic sauce complements the meat well! We ordered 2 portions of this, think i ate 1.5 portions

Last edited by Toons; 22-11-2011 at 11:00 PM..
Old 22-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

is that abalone and crabs... UNLIMITED ORDER...??

regards,
wacky
Old 22-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #5

OMG... ala carte buffet?
How much... damn nice!!!!
Egoistee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Jellyfish in Szechuan Hot Sauce - below avg, jellyfish bland n chewy, hot sauce not hot, the chef should try some of duckie's death sauce to know wat is HOT!

Crispy Sliver Bait with Spiced Garlic - avg to below avg, looks like french fries ... not much taste of the fish

Prawns Salad with Mixed Fruits - did not try

Braised Sweet Corn Soup w Fresh Crab Meat - avg to below avg, tried 1 spoon, found it so so, quite starchy again. Preferred the Double-boiled Home Brew Soup. Like clear soups more.

Deep fried prawn biscuits - never try, though my colleagues say nice, crispy etc, i still dunno they would bother with prawn biscuits when you can order wasabi prawns or cereal prawns, oh well ...

Last edited by Toons; 22-11-2011 at 11:36 PM..
Old 22-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pan-Fried Prawns in Oats Cereal - good to above avg, fragrant and crispy, only complaint is that the prawns can be bigger!

Stir-fried Almond Cappuccino Pork Spare Rib - above avg, tender, quite fragrant, heehee, everyone noticed the coffee fragance when this was served, unfortunately, i found it a tad too sweet, else would rate it as good

Fried Prawns with Wasabi Mayo & Fish Roe - above avg, quite crispy, prawns again can be bigger, the wasabi sauce also a tad mild ...

Last edited by Toons; 22-11-2011 at 11:21 PM..
Old 22-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Stir-fried String Beans with Dried Shrimps - avg to above avg, the beans still quite crunchy, n the dried shrimps gave the dish a nice fragrance.

Braised Egg Plant with Minced Pork in special sauce - above avg.

Steamed Barramundi with Lemon Jus - avg, first off, this dish took like 30 mins to come ... n it certainly tasted like they steamed it for 30 mins cos its overcooked. End up the meat not smooth. Fish was fresh though. I like the green chilli toppings used, but then again, i'm a green chilli fan, heehee, rest of my colleagues found it weird.

Stir-fried Sakura Chicken w Basil Leaves in Spicy Sauce - avg to above avg, chicken tender, sauce also quite decent

Dessert time! Sigh, wanted to try more dishes, but the rest of the peeps all surrendered liao ...

Hot Sweetened Red Bean Paste - above avg, not too sweet, n thick. Enjoyed it!

Last edited by Toons; 22-11-2011 at 11:22 PM..
Old 22-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #9

Nice yummy photos!

Is this at The Central? How much?
mimbrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ice Cream - avg

Their Hot Sago Cream with Sweet Corn & Coconut also nice, found it above avg. Not too sweet, but the taste is flavourful.

End up each 1 paid about $29 nett after the using the NTUC Plus 1 for 1 promo cos of the tea, wet tissues n peanuts. If dun want the peanuts, should be about $28 nett.

For $28 nett, i found it quite value for $. However, i would still prefer SCDH, since its only about $33/34 nett (with 4 pay 3 promo). The dishes are overall slightly nicer at SCDH, plus got free flow deep fried soon hock. Then again, we did not really try many dishes at Peony Jade.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #11

Can give me the details like price, location etc..., I put it up in the sticky thread.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

is that abalone and crabs... UNLIMITED ORDER...??
1st 7 dishes are 1 order only. The crabs are below avg, n the abalone no biggie. Of the 7 dishes, the only ones which i find good are the duck, herbal prawns n fried soon hock.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

OMG... ala carte buffet?
How much... damn nice!!!!
$42.80++, but currently there is a 1 for 1 promo using NTUC Plus card. Will be about $29 nett. Less if you dun want the tea, tissue, peanuts etc.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

woh for this i dont mind to try

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
evilduxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nice yummy photos!

Is this at The Central? How much?
Peony Jade at Clark Quay. Quite quiet place. Only 3 tables including ours, heehee, no wonder the restaurants there have to come up with simi $15 meal promo. Price stated in my above post.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.