Best ramen in Singapore

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find Miharu to be the most salty of all those listed (except Men-tei, never been to before), so be prepared.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not eating any ramen here until i go to tokyo and sapporo in NOV!!!

Mookies

Reaction score
man miharu.... i dont know what to say...it as so salty...

i mean i have a really high tolerance lvl for salt...but miharu was over the top.....

im sorry, i rarely crticize food publicly but miharu was really disappointing to me..

especially after all the rave reviews i got here... i was really looking forward to it..

though i must say when i tried it, a couple months back... i told myself maybe its just thier "off" day

so i will return to try again and let u all know =)

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, erm just to ask, which is more salty?

Miharu or Tampopo's tokyo ramen?

I went to try Tampopo's Kyushu ramen, while my bf tried its tokyo ramen.
We switched and I felt that the tokyo ramen very salty.

ahhnam

Reaction score
Kyonichi Ramen (Far East Square): Nice soup stock (supposed to be rich in collagen) and good selection of other side dishes and desserts.

Marutama: Pricey but I like the soup stock and the Rutan (al dente braised egg).

Littlewild

Master Member
Reaction score
Two reviews on my blog.

Menya Shinchan

Marutama

I have been to quite a few others as well. Just that I didn't have a review up for them.

The latest one I visited was Baikohken. There is one short review on it coming up. But it is not going to be nice I expect.

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ajisen? Well, after u hv gone thru those that are recommended here, u won't go back Ajisen anymore....at least that is what happened to me.

Last edited:

souluv

Reaction score
went to Baikohken yst .. hmm during lunch time .. qued for awhile, ordered the syoyu ramen and gyoza.
Was quite disapppointed. Not really fantastic, however serving was satisfying ..
prefer marutama.. at least is abit diff from the rest and the egg their is superb..

should haven gone to try tampopo instead =( ..

Littlewild

Master Member
Reaction score
souluv said:
went to Baikohken yst .. hmm during lunch time .. qued for awhile, ordered the syoyu ramen and gyoza.
Was quite disapppointed. Not really fantastic, however serving was satisfying ..
prefer marutama.. at least is abit diff from the rest and the egg their is superb..

should haven gone to try tampopo instead =( ..

If you noticed, Baikohken and Osho has a very similar, if not the same miso ramen.

Osho uses off the shelf miso soup. Go figure.

souluv

Reaction score
Littlewild said:
If you noticed, Baikohken and Osho has a very similar, if not the same miso ramen.

Osho uses off the shelf miso soup. Go figure.

didnt try their miso leh ..

Littlewild

Master Member
Reaction score
souluv said:
didnt try their miso leh ..

Any way I suspect the shio and shoyu ones are just like what you get at osho as well.

Tried Bie Fu today. Can only taste the hotness in their spicy soup = =" maybe some people just like the sheer spiciness.

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be fair Ajisen ain't that bad lah...at least when it first appear I quite like it.

Littlewild

Master Member
Reaction score
hoks said:
To be fair Ajisen ain't that bad lah...at least when it first appear I quite like it.

Ajisen by all means is not horrible. It is the classic "not so good and not so bad" kind of ramen. Which is both its strong point and weakness.

You can always count on Ajisen to deliver the "standard" expectation of ramen, even though it might not taste fantastic. The taste is sacrificed for the sake of standardization across the franchise.

I still visit the chain once in a while.

souluv

Reaction score
Littlewild said:
Any way I suspect the shio and shoyu ones are just like what you get at osho as well.

Tried Bie Fu today. Can only taste the hotness in their spicy soup = =" maybe some people just like the sheer spiciness.

bie fu .. the spicy one okay lar .. the spicy ramen can eat.. their normal soup one .. oh no.. cannot make it..

if u have 'feel' tat day, wan to eat something very spicy can go bie fu .. other then tat .. not a wise choice..

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Littlewild said:
Ajisen by all means is not horrible. It is the classic "not so good and not so bad" kind of ramen. Which is both its strong point and weakness.

You can always count on Ajisen to deliver the "standard" expectation of ramen, even though it might not taste fantastic. The taste is sacrificed for the sake of standardization across the franchise.

I still visit the chain once in a while.
Seriously, there are other ramen chains with better standard, so can't blame it on standardisation. I haven't stepped into Ajisen for ages...

Littlewild

Master Member
Reaction score
souluv said:
bie fu .. the spicy one okay lar .. the spicy ramen can eat.. their normal soup one .. oh no.. cannot make it..

if u have 'feel' tat day, wan to eat something very spicy can go bie fu .. other then tat .. not a wise choice..

Yeah, I agree. Maybe some people just like the hotness. But if you add so much chili you can't really taste anything else besides the soup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.