Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carey: thanks for the recommendation! :) called them earlier on they said they can't confirm spread cos apparently it changes so they'll have to get back to me. Thanks!

I called Marriott they said lobsters only for Friday and saturday. Sunday don't have :(

No lobsters for weekday dinner meh?

I thought usually have leh...

I know the crab legs is not always have though...

Sunday brunch confirm got lobsters ah...

slushie

Reaction score
Yah I called Marriott they said fri sat dinner and Sunday brunch. But mine was a sunday dinner so no lobsters haha.

Anyway I made a reservation at melt for tomorrow already. Thanks all the bros for the recommendations! I'll try claymore one day, sounds good!

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah I called Marriott they said fri sat dinner and Sunday brunch. But mine was a sunday dinner so no lobsters haha.

Anyway I made a reservation at melt for tomorrow already. Thanks all the bros for the recommendations! I'll try claymore one day, sounds good!

For Claymore, the Plates of Pleasure changes every couple of months so take note of it. The usual item like lamb and beef will usually be the same except the sauces changes.

diu___

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any buffet place to recommend for Sunday dinner? With lobsters. Budget below 100 per pax.
Among the line, melt, greenhouse maybe?
It's a birthday treat for my mom so must have lobsters lah haha

i recommend carousel

btw, dont care when they say fully booked
just go there early to queue
lets say they open 6pm, u reach there be on waiting list, give them hp no, den go shop ard
by 7.30pm got tables clear liao, den u still can eat songsong till 10pm

slushie

Reaction score
Haha carousel I went twice already thats why I wanted something different.

Anyway! Melt was not as good as carousel and greenhouse I feel. Good spread but nothing was particularly nice. I remembered the juicy lobsters with roe at carousel and the warm Boston lobsters at greenhouse.
This pales in comparison plus A lot of the stuff was a little too sweet for my liking.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some pics from the Christmas lunch at Chiso Zanmei. Wanted to try the place cos its so cheap, but no chance til today. At $14.90++ on Christmas eve, its a wallet friendly eat :D

Its similar to the low - mid range buffet eateries like Momiji, Kiseki, Tarafuku and Buffet Town. Iirc, its the cheapest of the lot n its shows in the limited spread. Smallest by far, esp compared to Buffet Town, the food is actually generally quite decent taste wise. Most of the dishes are actually quite edible. I do like their grilled n deep fried mackerel, stir fried pork belly n the braised pork belly :love:

Do note that there is no sashimi for lunch, and hardly any seafood too. No drinks are provided although you can top up 1.99++ for free flow drinks.

I liked the layout of the place.
FCvq3.jpg

Overlooking part of SG river n the slingshot (just dun puke all your food out when you see ppl flying through the air :D ), it has a nice view.
eC5qi.jpg

With large windows and high ceilings, the place also has a bright and airy feel. I likie!
jazM5.jpg

Some pics of their spread. Did not take much pics though.
4Qxeo.jpg

BrJXO.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Star of the buffet for me ...
1eJwB.jpg

The meat is so so nia, but the fats ... OMG, pop it into your mouth, and you can just slush it around your mouth. Its machiam drinking liquid fats liao. They're prolly eating this when they coined the phrase 'melt in your mouth' :D

The sauce to braise the meat also quite light n pleasant.
zC1B9.jpg

Overall, decent meal. Small spread, cheap price n generally decent food. While not fantastic, i do feel i got my money's worth.

After the meal, its on to watch the Hobbits. Wah, nice show wor. Just dun bother with the book (unless you need something to put you to sleep. In fact i liked it more than Lords of the Ring.

Tomorrow i post more pics of my Christmas lunch.

Merry Christmas to all n maybe we all have many many more years to jiak buffets! :D

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
$14.50 for xmas eve lunch is pretty decent... is that their normal price for lunch?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$14.50 for xmas eve lunch is pretty decent... is that their normal price for lunch?

Merry christmas!

Yea, $14.90++ is their normal lunch price.

Later as per usual hor. Come decked in red, white and green :D Must tell boi boi too :s13:

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Merry christmas!

Yea, $14.90++ is their normal lunch price.

Later as per usual hor. Come decked in red, white and green :D Must tell boi boi too :s13:

yup, now checking street directory on how to get there..

Yup normal price :)

Very near for me - can walk there for lunch :s13:

Merry christmas Carey. So today u eat what ho liao?

wai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can find best buffet lunch? Let's say budget around $50? Carousel already eaten many times

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all members.

Went to Sushi Kanazawa last Monday since I was craving for sushi.

SushiKanazawa001.jpg

Edamame

SushiKanazawa044.jpg

Nikujaga (Stewed Chicken & Vegetables)

SushiKanazawa045.jpg

Only one plate of Sashimi Moriawase was given.

SushiKanazawa046.jpg

The pieces of octopus in Takoyaki shrunk. :( They were rather generous the previous times I was there.

SushiKanazawa047.jpg

Last edited:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As the counter seats were all taken or reserved, they had me sit in the lone table next to the bookcase. Rather than serving one piece at a time, they presented me with this plate of Assorted Sushi.

SushiKanazawa048.jpg

SushiKanazawa049.jpg

SushiKanazawa050.jpg

The Chawanmushi need to go for facial since it's so rough. :( I usually ate it with the wasabi/soya sauce mixture as I find the taste too dull.

SushiKanazawa051.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amaebi Mentai Aburi and Unagi Aburi - The Amaebi Mentai Aburi was a chef recommendation and it was realy good with the cod roe mayo and that charred taste.

SushiKanazawa052.jpg

SushiKanazawa053.jpg

Unagi Don came piping hot including the bowl!!! The rice was topped with egg omelet then unagi and of course the sweet sauce of the unagi. Yummy deliciously good.

SushiKanazawa054.jpg

Assorted Sushi of Tamago, Tataki Toro (Belly of Tuna), Amaebi Mentai Aburi (Seared Sweet Prawn with Cod Roe), Hokkigai and Hotate Aburi (Seared Fresh Scallop).

SushiKanazawa055.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kajiki Aburi (Seared Swordfish), Amaebi Mentai Aburi and Unagi Aburi - That's the last five pieces of sushi for the day. Total sushi I had that day was 31 pieces excluding the Unagi Don, Sashimi, Takoyaki and Chawanmushi. :D

SushiKanazawa056.jpg

Strawberry and Pineapple Puddings - Managed to squeeze these two puddings in too. :D

SushiKanazawa057.jpg

Total Bill came up to $36.95.

SushiKanazawa058.jpg

Was never able to complete the Loyalty Card since I don't go that many times in three months.

SushiKanazawa059.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.