Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng ah never get tempted haha

After Indian Times, I have swore off Indian buffets lol

Definitely better than IT. Taste wise also quite okay. I like their briyani. Mutton also quite tender. They threw in gelato ice cream too. Service also good. Food came quite fast n they will heat up those fish, chicken before serving. Plus from tomorrow onwards, tandoori meats n seafood will be available. The platter is already 15 liao. Voucher price only 13 nett ler.

I'm just upset the mutton steak n tulang not available. Plus tandoori only available from tomorrow onwards but I was not informed. Overall still okay la.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
K, some pics for the streetdeal jala kayu prata voucher.

They claimed that the menu online is the old one. Here is the correct one.

Xjyv1.jpg

Basically, the local delights section all gone, including the mutton chop and tulang :( But you get additional tandoori section. Dunno how is their tandoori though, cos it will only be available from tomorrow onwards. I lazy to go back again, so i still went ahead even though no tandoori ... oh well.

Ordered the chix bryani. Quite nice. I liked the chix, saffron rice n chapathi. Then again, i have not eaten bryani for sometime liao, so i might not be the best judge :s13:
q1xqX.jpg

2TBwi.jpg

They heat up the chix b4 serving, which i tot was a nice touch
EurCa.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meat combo murtabak, comprising of mutton n chix.
m4PJl.jpg

I found the fillings a bit dry. So so ... large portion though. Chowed thru 3/4 b4 giving up :o
y0sSB.jpg

Mutton curry. The mutton pieces are quite tender. Curry also quite flavourful.
oT38n.jpg

Digged out the mutton. Dun look nice, but 1 of the nicer dishes. Ate about 3-4 plates.
QA4GS.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Masala with cheese prata which BM ordered. The spiced potato quite okay. I find not cheesy enough. So so imo
GSX1l.jpg

SLCL5.jpg

Fried chix. As b4, served hot. Quite juicy n got taste. Not bad.
aAXFm.jpg

Maggi Goreng. Yucks. Dry, tasted flat n the noodle texture is clumpy. Bo ho jiak. Egg also fried until tat.
vKkOD.jpg

pyV19.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toilet paper with sh*t :s13:
Jhlmb.jpg

Actually its tissue with chocolate n macha ice gelato.
scQJ6.jpg

Their gelato actually not bad. Initially when i asked for tissue with the gelato, they kept saying no tissue. I gave up n pointed to the pic on the wall, then they realised i wanted tissue prata ... they must have tot i am asking for hand tissue or something **pengz*
Gv2RE.jpg

Eating the crispy, slightly savoury prata with the sweet gelato quite nice. Very mesy though ...
NFxFv.jpg

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rum n raisin
BrlbE.jpg

I also tried their sambal chix (so so, prefer the fried one), sambal fried fish (okay).

For $13 nett, really can't complain. Tink i ate about $20+ if going by the menu prices. Then again, i will rather eat the mutton steak n tulang. Taste wise quite okay. If add in the tandoori, given a platter already $15 liao, the value is definitely there. At least its far better than IT :D

If you like your prata n bryani ... maitu liao.

Sigh, tink i ate more carbs today than in my last 3 months combined. Tonite dun need to sleep liao ...

Last edited:

kyma

Master Member
Reaction score
I thought carbs will make you sleepy? They have rum and raisins ice cream, so this stall is not halal?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought carbs will make you sleepy? They have rum and raisins ice cream, so this stall is not halal?

Actually i'm feeling fantastic now. Prolly on a carb cum sugar high. Later then will crash :( Actually i'm saying i'll have to walk/jog for the whole nite liao :D

Hmmm, good point. Its supposed to be halal. But it tasted like rum n raisin wor. BM who ordered it also said its rum n raisin. Dun tell me they label wrongly? :eek:

kyma

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you see the halal logo in their stall? From what I heard on a TV food show, Swensen's also have rum and raisins ice cream but theirs are not really alcohol as they are halal. BTW, performance during sexercise immediately after buffets are not as effective. I always run much slower due to the immediate increase of weight and tiredness after such a big meal.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eat so much,later become bui bui how? :s11::eek:

Tats why i bui bui uncker :(

Did you see the halal logo in their stall? From what I heard on a TV food show, Swensen's also have rum and raisins ice cream but theirs are not really alcohol as they are halal. BTW, performance during sexercise immediately after buffets are not as effective. I always run much slower due to the immediate increase of weight and tiredness after such a big meal.

Hmmm, tink i saw somewhere tat they are halal. There was a malay family dining there too. Maybe tats why i find their rum taste a bit weak.

Can't run after buffet too. I'll puke. I just walk. Dun burn much, but at least its something :s13: *self deceit + consolation*

kyma

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe you are more concerned with your looks, or else you cannot be a handsome guy anymore. :o

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suspect most of them care more abt food than their looks.

Anyway, someone from their food outing say most of them are bui bui. How true is that I not sure. :p

Lol. I live to eat! =:p

But our grp of yao guis also got hunk wor ... let me see, just this sun, got someone gena approached by sweet young thing to take photo cos of his big big muscles wor. She so happi with the photo tat she gave him a cup of gelato. 让他甜在口里, 爽在心里. :D

Last edited:

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rolled here cos twtan korkor say got outing this sunday?

desperately craving asian food :sad::sad:

:edit:

is it the ssk korean bbq? :love:

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it the ssk korean bbq? :love:

Yea. Wan in, add in your name bah. :)

Sunday Lunch at Bas Brasah SSK
Date - Sun 29 Jul 2012
Place - Bas Brasah Complex, 02-01
Time - 1200 to 1430
Price - $15+ with 20% discount ($13.20 nett)

Note - Drinks not provided, not even plain water. Prices for beverages range from $1.20+ for mineral water to $1.50+ for coke.

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. Carey (TBC)
4. LBB (TBC)

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Add in liao~ but tbc cos worry cannot wake up :s22::s22:

Sunday Lunch at Bas Brasah SSK
Date - Sun 29 Jul 2012
Place - Bas Brasah Complex, 02-01
Time - 1200 to 1430
Price - $15+ with 20% discount ($13.20 nett)

Note - Drinks not provided, not even plain water. Prices for beverages range from $1.20+ for mineral water to $1.50+ for coke.

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. Carey (TBC)
4. LBB (TBC)
5. sharshar (TBC)

Last edited:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suspect most of them care more abt food than their looks.

Anyway, someone from their food outing say most of them are bui bui. How true is that I not sure. :p

Of course - good food comes first...hahah

Speaking as a bui unker naturally :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.