Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure, will be asking this Sunday. :s12:

Anyway, Since we are in Part 6, I was thinking, why not just share a little bit more about my thoughts regarding the buffet landscape in Singapore.

There are many buffet lines here. From the TRULY value for money, to the TRULY value for quality.

I began my buffet experience with Sakura. I remembered that was when I was still in primary school. Mummy and Daddy use to bring me there for celebrations. Birthday, Xmas, and so on. There were oysters, fresh cuts sashimi and wonderful cooked food. To me, it was a luxury.

Then when I got in secondary school, I began food hunting with my fellow classmates. Seoul garden, marina south steamboat buffet, windsor hotel porridge buffet and so on. At the same time, we start becoming more picky. Instead of feeling satisfied with the mass dishes put out by the kitchen, we picked on the quality, the variety, and the taste. We nit picked every single dish we tasted, and decided whether to make our next reservation here or not.

Soon after we graduated, while in tertiary instituition (Poly/Jc/Uni), with our part time jobs, we soon were able to afford more quality buffets. SCDH, The Line, GreenHouse, Ellenborough and so on. Bear in mind, we didnt have credit card, so every single cents we paid counts. We became even more picky than ever. Picking out only the best among all we have tried. From the whole smoked salmon on the grilling machine (from the line) to the free-flow lobsters (at greenhouse), we got inspired more and more. Eye-opening.

Then soon the experience became saturated. Just like Apple stops "wowing" the world with their familiar design language. We started to slow down in our buffet trips. Instead of looking forward and thrill, we ended up managing our expectations, treating every tasty treats as a bonus.

So in a nutshell, since you have tried so many buffets, which do you recommend for value for money versus money for quality? :s13:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very true Richey

These days lao unker got limited capacity so prefer quality over quantity and range haha

I rather eat a few very good dishes than sample a whole range of ordinary food :o

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
Value for money -

buffet town ( come on, where else do you get oysters, crayfish, wide variety of spread and fresh sashimi for $3x?)

Edge (only if it's $25)

Money for quality -

Marriot (free flow lobsters and the spread are to my preference)

Scdh ( especially with guests, and you prefer to be served)

Greenhouse (during F1 period plus you heng heng get the lobsters replacement when they run out of the crayfish)

So in a nutshell, since you have tried so many buffets, which do you recommend for value for money versus money for quality? :s13:

Dinner or lunch?

10 @ claymore?

can someone recommend good buffet on weekdays? budget $50 per pax at most

Same sentiments.

Very true Richey

These days lao unker got limited capacity so prefer quality over quantity and range haha

I rather eat a few very good dishes than sample a whole range of ordinary food :o

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for ur input, planning it on a special day

If you're not big eaters, i suggest lunch @ Equinox. Classy place with a great view. Nice service too. Spread might be small n since its a semi buffet, you're limited to only 1 main course, but the rest of the items are all in the buffet spread, eg, sashimi, sushi, appertisers, soups, cheeses, dessert, n the seafood, esp the crabs are fresh n sweet. I recommend the pork belly for the main, n do try the foie gras terrine, as well as the goose berries n fresh dates.

For me, luckily tat day got pork rob soup ... ppl drink soup, i whack the soft n fatty pork ribs :s13:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Value for money -

buffet town ( come on, where else do you get oysters, crayfish, wide variety of spread and fresh sashimi for $3x?)

Oysters n tepanyaki only for dinner iirc, n its abt $43/$50 nett for weekday/weekend dinners.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sunday lunch have.

If buffet town no good, any suggestion? I think we will benefit from it too :):)

Count me in. Planning to treat damily to buffet town

I dun mean that buffet town no good. In fact, their lunch quite good variety n value wise. More variety than a lot of hotel buffet lunches which tend to be a pale shadow of their dinner offerings.

Just wanna point out they dun have oysters ... at least not for their weekday lunches :)

Anyways, if dun factor in any dining cards, i still prefer my Sq > Buffet Town. Iirc, Sq lunch abt same price, n dinner is cheaper than Buffet Town. Sq offers a great combination of price, taste n meaty spread plus i dun care abt oysters.

Furthermore, you have the card for Marriott right? I will rather pay a few dollars more for Marriott's lunch.

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
I dun mean that buffet town no good. In fact, their lunch quite good variety n value wise. More variety than a lot of hotel buffet lunches which tend to be a pale shadow of their dinner offerings.

Just wanna point out they dun have oysters ... at least not for their weekday lunches :)

Anyways, if dun factor in any dining cards, i still prefer my Sq > Buffet Town. Iirc, Sq lunch abt same price, n dinner is cheaper than Buffet Town. Sq offers a great combination of price, taste n meaty spread plus i dun care abt oysters.

Furthermore, you have the card for Marriott right? I will rather pay a few dollars more for Marriott's lunch.

Square at furama is it?

Oh, I don't have the marriot card. So no privilege or discount. Just pay full amount as usual :)

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
If you're not big eaters, i suggest lunch @ Equinox. Classy place with a great view. Nice service too. Spread might be small n since its a semi buffet, you're limited to only 1 main course, but the rest of the items are all in the buffet spread, eg, sashimi, sushi, appertisers, soups, cheeses, dessert, n the seafood, esp the crabs are fresh n sweet. I recommend the pork belly for the main, n do try the foie gras terrine, as well as the goose berries n fresh dates.

For me, luckily tat day got pork rob soup ... ppl drink soup, i whack the soft n fatty pork ribs :s13:

dont tempt me more, i am in sweet sweet love with foie gras

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.