Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #5251
Arch-Supremacy Member

Recently no buffet outing?

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT
Interested?

It's time to shine a spotlight on fathers this June. Treat Dad to an indulgent meal at Plate with an extensive local buffet spread featuring dishes such as the signature Singapore Laksa, Braised Drunken Chicken with Mushrooms and Wolfberries, and Tandoori Lamb Leg at the carving station. Dads will also receive a complimentary gift on the house!

Adult: $35nett per person (U.P. $48++ per person)

Or wanna go sankai again?

Food capital now.
Beef decent.
Love the lamb.
Fast replenishment.
Great choice of tea!
For 50%, no complains.
Got try the herbal crabs n laksa? Hmmm, i remember the teas nothimg special wor, though i quite like the ice coffee.
Old 17-06-2017, 01:57 AM   #5252
Honorary Member

Bro, did you try it when they had the lobster n crab buffet? I heard the lobsters are fresh n sweet wor.
Went with my colleagues. Not too bad lo
Beta_Tester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #5253
High Supremacy Member

Interested?

It's time to shine a spotlight on fathers this June. Treat Dad to an indulgent meal at Plate with an extensive local buffet spread featuring dishes such as the signature Singapore Laksa, Braised Drunken Chicken with Mushrooms and Wolfberries, and Tandoori Lamb Leg at the carving station. Dads will also receive a complimentary gift on the house!

Got try the herbal crabs n laksa? Hmmm, i remember the teas nothimg special wor, though i quite like the ice coffee.
Herbal crabs no see.
Laksa was quite a queue.
Tea, dilmah special pack lor.
Got coffee machine brew.
Good enough.
Surprising they have tiger beer promoter walking around but seen none ordering.

Total bill for Fri Night works out 139.48 for 3 adults.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #5254
High Supremacy Member

Cancelled my Lime reservation last week as the whole family was down with flu. Went down to Beach Road Kitchen tonight.

Huge selection of antipasti such as smoked fish, shellfish, cold cuts and cheese. Freshly shucked oysters (upon request) were really good. For sashimi there were only salmon and tuna. Other cold seafood choices include the usual crab legs, lobster claws etc.

Cooked food section was slightly weak though with a small selection of Indian and Chinese style dishes. Didn't try the noodles at the live station. Only roast beef was available at the carving station but too dry for my liking. The thin crust pizzas were good according to my family. At the grilled station you could request for a whole sea bass, prawns, lamb chop, galbi. The best were the foie gras and iberico pork (initially thought it was beef). Their live stations were a little slow but they will bring the food to your table.

On to desserts. They had these shelves with jars of gummies and marshmallows. Plenty of kuehs and cakes to choose from. Highlights for me would be this hazelnut dessert (forgot the name) and chocolate coated nuts made fresh from a machine. Not many choices for ice cream but both the dark chocolate soft serve and ice cream were very rich. They have their own cup ice creams but ran out of them by the time I got to desserts. Skip the waffles and pancakes (too bland and texture was off) at the live station and go for the crepes. Again slightly slow so have to wait for orders. Freshly brewed coffee and tea available to accompany your desserts.

Current dbs promo 50% off every second diner. 78++/pax. Would return again in future. The $5 parking rebate is not claimable for this dinner buffet.
tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #5255
Master Member

Any good recommendation for weekday buffet lunch around Bugis/ Raffles City/ Suntec please?

Thus far only know sankai, Kushinbo as the more popular ones around that area.

TIA
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #5256

Went for the Makan Makan buffet at Edge, Pan Pacific Singapore. They recently refreshed the Saturday lunch buffet with 2 new sections - a claypot section and a Balinese section. Overall, the price remains the same at S$58++ per pax. Still reasonable I think given the variety. Straits Kitchen's buffet is also Asian-centric and is slightly higher in price.

Wrote a review of it here: http://iwandered.net/2017/06/18/maka...aturday-lunch/
vogriphach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #5257

any makan for ramadan?
mehmeh0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #5258
Greater Supremacy Member

Interested?

For Sankai i whack 3 items only - smoked duck, salmon and chawanmushi

35 nett at plate.. seems more worth it than sankai.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #5259

I will be keen on Sankai again if the date doesn't clash with my schedule.
Old 19-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #5260

Any comments on weekday lunch buffet at Marriort Cafe?
daxiong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #5261

Hi All Experts!

Any recommendation for weekend buffets (Lunch or dinner)? 1 for 1 or really good discount with credit cards promotions? Must have fresh oysters and budget less than $50 per pax.

Thank you in advance!

God bless!
Sertan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #5262
Arch-Supremacy Member

any makan for ramadan?
We're going to 4 points eatery @ sheraton four points riverview along havelock for their lunch buffet on Mon 26 Jun. Its $25.30 nett. Let me know if you're keen. Their cooked crayfish not bad.

http://www.fourpointssingaporeriverv...all-day-dining
Old 20-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #5263

We're going to 4 points eatery @ sheraton four points riverview along havelock for their lunch buffet on Mon 26 Jun. Its $25.30 nett. Let me know if you're keen. Their cooked crayfish not bad.

http://www.fourpointssingaporeriverv...all-day-dining
keen! still holiday!
need to buy any coupon?
Old 20-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #5264
Arch-Supremacy Member

keen! still holiday!
need to buy any coupon?
Okie, i will count you in then. No need, this one is credit card promo. Can PM me your contact? i create a watsapp grp.

Err, this is intl buffet, but do keep your expectations in line with the cost hor. They have some basic seafood like prawns, maybe crab legs etc, but no oysters. The usual like sashimi, sushi, salad, hot food, desserts all there.
Old 20-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #5265

Okie, i will count you in then. No need, this one is credit card promo. Can PM me your contact? i create a watsapp grp.

Err, this is intl buffet, but do keep your expectations in line with the cost hor. They have some basic seafood like prawns, maybe crab legs etc, but no oysters. The usual like sashimi, sushi, salad, hot food, desserts all there.
pm-ed my number
not a problem. just whack everything i see
but i thought they doing oceania buffet season?

Last edited by mehmeh0987; 20-06-2017 at 05:49 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.