Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Shima teppanyaki buffet no longer have free flow oysters.. now limit to 3 per person..

can boycott liao. :s12:

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wife and I went to the 15 Stamford Sunday Brunch (link goes to hotel website). s$148++ per person but we didn't pay cos redeemed a discovery local experience.

Overall verdict ... the variety is definitely below par compared to other hotel restaurant buffets. E.g. there is no cold seafood section, nor any indian/malay/chinese food sections. If you're the type that needs huge variety of food, this buffet won't be for you.

But for the food available on offer, the quality is above par, the food is high quality and really good. Examples:
  • Cheese board section has more than a dozen cheeses
  • The cold cuts section has jamon iberico de belotta
  • Roast meats section has 4 different cuts of wagyu, suckling pig, 2 whole fish, lamb leg, spring chicken.
  • There is a to-order pan seared foie gras station.
  • The laksa de smoked quail eggs JHJ

Ambience and service is good, it's a very relaxing experience with live jazz band (restaurant only ~50% full, not sure if the lack of crowd was caused by covid-19 fears).

Value for money ... hmm. At s$148++ for the non-alcoholic version it really is super super hard to recommend. For me maybe I would be willing to pay something like around 100++.

Photos on phone and I haven't resized or uploaded them yet, will do that later this week depending on how early my baby sleeps lol.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
2nd n 3rd day of CNY, both PH, w lunch @ $39 n dinner @ $44 (i think) w yusheng (if you have 4 pax or more) is cheap wor. Yes, their variety is considered on the small side n you dun get the more premium stuff, but for the price, i find it acceptable. If want a solid spread, can go edge, carousel or colony, but the price is also ...

Frankly, their CNY spread is actually on par or imo slightly lousier compared to their usual spread. Normal spread got items like roti prata, lok bak, more DIY noodles, porridge etc. Their roti prata is actually quite good wor. Normal pricing is $29 n $34. I think its very good value for the food they serve.

CNY spread pales value wise in comparison. Basically, you are paying $10 more for yusheng n cos its CNY day 2/3, but i still went on 3rd day cos i wanna lohei w friends n its CNY PH, other than k bbq buffets, most of other buffets all have to pay a premium.

I will not recommend coleman if you wanna celebrate some event or have a big feast to pamper yourself. But its somewhere i dun mind going every weekend or once in 2 weeks just for a meal. Economical n decent.

No idea, my sister saw it was cheap so we went. It really was nothing special.

The staff didn't even look interested in being there, though that's understandable. The deadpan look on the chef at the sashimi kiosk... lol

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone went for the S$61 HSBC Saturday lunch promotion at Melt yet?

Reviews please if yes hahah

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Wife and I went to the 15 Stamford Sunday Brunch (link goes to hotel website). s$148++ per person but we didn't pay cos redeemed a discovery local experience.

Overall verdict ... the variety is definitely below par compared to other hotel restaurant buffets. E.g. there is no cold seafood section, nor any indian/malay/chinese food sections. If you're the type that needs huge variety of food, this buffet won't be for you.

But for the food available on offer, the quality is above par, the food is high quality and really good. Examples:
  • Cheese board section has more than a dozen cheeses
  • The cold cuts section has jamon iberico de belotta
  • Roast meats section has 4 different cuts of wagyu, suckling pig, 2 whole fish, lamb leg, spring chicken.
  • There is a to-order pan seared foie gras station.
  • The laksa de smoked quail eggs JHJ

Ambience and service is good, it's a very relaxing experience with live jazz band (restaurant only ~50% full, not sure if the lack of crowd was caused by covid-19 fears).

Value for money ... hmm. At s$148++ for the non-alcoholic version it really is super super hard to recommend. For me maybe I would be willing to pay something like around 100++.

Photos on phone and I haven't resized or uploaded them yet, will do that later this week depending on how early my baby sleeps lol.

unfortunately their brunch is the last brunch this sunday cos poor turnout due to virus.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Orchard Cafe also changed their daily lunch buffet to a semi buffet =(

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is semi-buffet?

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

Usually means 1 main course and there's a buffet of appetizers and desserts

One semi-buffet that I like was the Level 33 lunch but no more liao it seems :(

Last edited:

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember back when I was working in Certis, there was Aqueen Hotel opposite which served semi buffet for $10.90

Main dish + Appetizer/Bread/Salad/Soup buffet :s13:

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually means 1 main course and there's a buffet of appetizers and desserts

One semi-buffet that I like was the Level 33 lunch but no more liao it seems :(
This kind of buffet worth to go?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This kind of buffet worth to go?

Depends on pricing and what sort of mains you get lor

https://eatbook.sg/sky22/

You can see the review and decide for yourself hahah

There are also some ramen places that offer such "semi buffets" of appetizers and desserts IIRC

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last call :D

Anyone keen to join us?

Chinese BBQ Buffet
Venue. Yi Zhi Wei @ Peace Center
Date. Sun 23 Feb
Time. 3pm
Price. Abt $18 nett

Got BBQ, got lok lok, got cooked to order mala stir fry n hotpot (individual pot) too! Drinks not included though. These are all based on my visits to their Geylang branch. I was told its the same stuff at this new Peace Center branch,

Youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCYTh9RGg

-------------------------------------------------------

Meat Lovers Lunch @ Carvey
Venue. Carvery @ PArk Hotel Alexandra
Date. Sat 22 Feb
Time. 12pm
Price. $36.25 nett

Nice beef, chicken carvings w some cooked dishes, desserts n stuff. Strictly for meat lovers :D

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going on Sunday dinner instead since the price is the same. Please feedback

Price is the same for Sunday dinner? :eek:

The meats were very good, especially the lamb and beef. A bit on the medium rare side, which paired well with the wine juice sauce. Chicken was surprisingly tender as well. I really enjoyed the seafood side dishes too. Desserts were ordinary but that's to be expected from Carvery. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.