HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #1726
Arch-Supremacy Member

eh is it me only... or why do i think that this time toon's photos are like the colors are too saturated until it does not look so natural...?

regards,
wacky
Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #1727
High Supremacy Member

the equinox really looks good leh!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #1728
Supremacy Member

i found the western so so only, not big deal, but then i don't eat beef so usually order chicken chop.

But i like the otah fish head very nice. (But i don't know which store cause always go with my friend she will buy for me).
ic。。i never try before also but seem like every stall is like must try there cos all got recom by food show,viewer choice makansutra etc。。
Old 09-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #1729

I beg to differ. The view, excellent foie gras, main course, fresh oysters and salmon sashimi (or ikura sushi in your case) are easily worth the $52. Of cos if you only eat 1 portion of foie gras, 1 oyster, a few slices of sashimi, then different case, heehee.

Not to mention if its only 2 paxs, it will just be $34.70! So thks beta for bring the whole lot of us rather than 1 of your gfs
Yeah, if only 2 persons going then worth it. For me, no oysters and sashimi I don't eat much so not worth for me. Beside I still preferred hot foods more.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 09-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #1730
Supremacy Member

hi。。
pls add my frend for thu buffet。。
but she will be late reach 7plus abt food。。
jus indicate as samba guest on the list。。
thanks。。
Old 09-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #1731

I usually boycott places that refuse to let people take food photos.
What is wrong with taking pictures
Well, their place, their rules. I can sympathise tat sometimes it can be disruptive to other diners. There was once or twice, i end up having to wait as someone was taking photo of the food. Also, i do not like to accidentally end up in someone else's photos, even though the main focus is the food.

Anyways, they did not stop us from taking photos of the food at our table. Wat i can't stand are restaurants which refuse to serve plain water ... n make diners pay for overpriced mineral water.
Each place has their own rules and regulations so I have nothing more to add. Some like Oscars don't allows you to take their deco but food wise they are ok.

Melt is still the best place for taking pictures of the foods. They let me in early before the buffet starts so the foods are still untouched by other diners.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #1732

hi。。
pls add my frend for thu buffet。。
but she will be late reach 7plus abt food。。
jus indicate as samba guest on the list。。
thanks。。

Dining Room (Open)
Dinner Buffet

Date: 14th Apr 2011 (Thursday)
Time: 7pm to 10pm
Price: $49.80++, $29.30 nett after 1 for 1 promotion

1) Toons
2) PPP
3) Twtan
4) Kunoichi
5) Kahlan
6) Cassy
7) raven1019
8) samba fan
9) Dennyz
10) Samba's guest

Old 09-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #1733
Master Member

what food does the dining room serves? any special on thursday? gotch seafood?

most likely will join, u all know roughly what food they serve?

hope to get back the buffet syndrome
Old 09-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #1734
Master Member

eh is it me only... or why do i think that this time toon's photos are like the colors are too saturated until it does not look so natural...?

regards,
wacky
looks like from magazine pics...
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #1735
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do post processing. I brighten them, make the colors more vivid cos i like brighter colors, sharpen the blur ones n add frame etc. Which ones too saturated? I go compare against the source pics. Me still learning how to do this properly.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #1736
Arch-Supremacy Member

looks like from magazine pics...
Food photographer get to eat the food after taking the pics or not? Errr, nevermind, i remember watching a show featuring food photography. The things they do to beautify the food ... not edible liao ...
Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #1737

wow the food looks great... and u guys are EVIL keep showing me oysters!!!

Toons, what camera did u get? nice pics

oh and i went to look-see at Todai today... not impressed, large variety of food but no delicious smell.... and NO HANDSOME KOREAN CHEFS (as stated in the articles) either but piles and piles of that korean strawberries stated in the promo leaflet....
Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #1738
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do post processing. I brighten them, make the colors more vivid cos i like brighter colors, sharpen the blur ones n add frame etc. Which ones too saturated? I go compare against the source pics. Me still learning how to do this properly.
i think u overdid it... it's too bright and sharp until looks not so natural..

for eg the lamb shoulder... beef sirlion... and to certain extent the oysters... i feel kinda over-did with the brightening... and most other photos over-did with the sharpening...

most of all the photos... can see like even noise of the background have been enhanced so becomes fuzzy fuzzy de... twtan's photos on other hand... noise is at minimal...

regards,
wacky

Last edited by wackykid; 09-04-2011 at 11:10 PM..
Old 09-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #1739

I think the contrast too high cause you sharpen it too much.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #1740
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow the food looks great... and u guys are EVIL keep showing me oysters!!!

Toons, what camera did u get? nice pics

oh and i went to look-see at Todai today... not impressed, large variety of food but no delicious smell.... and NO HANDSOME KOREAN CHEFS (as stated in the articles) either but piles and piles of that korean strawberries stated in the promo leaflet....
Oei, simi evil? You should be touched. Whenever see nice oysters, we will go 'These look nice. Hmmm, Kunoichi will love these. I know, lets take a photo for her to drool over!' Okay, maybe the last part is evil

Errr, i sorta recall them promoting the pretty korean waitresses as an attraction rather than handsome korean chef. So hows the waitresses over there? Pretty? Got flies over the sashimi?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.