Buffetlicious! - Part 4

Like Tree177Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #9991
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which are the premium items at SCDH? River Palace's deep fried marble goby and steamed sea bass are good enough for me. And they are free flow. I eat 2 of each on my own, worth the buffet price le.
Same, i prefer river palace too. I find the fishes at river palace better. The later orders of fried fishes at SCDH tends to have this dirty oil smell. I dun get the same thing at river palace.

There is also the duck which i liked too. Then there is also the very decent sashimi. River palace cheaper too, so its river palace FTW for me.

However, like Carey said, if you like spicy food, then SCDH tends to have much better n spicier dishes, esp their 水煮牛肉. SCDH also has much better ambience n view.

Aiyah, both SCDH, river palace as well as cathay are the better chinese ala carte buffets. You will not go wrong with any of them.
Old 30-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #9992
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think the main highlight is soup only. wonder is it possible just to have the soup and meat, everything else being fliter out. lol and orange juice is squeezed from oranges or manufactured orange juice ?
Errrr, the shop name is 老火汤 wor. i dun have any expectations for the rest of the food

Of cos you can just have the soup n meat, but still same price Likely its just packaged orange juice rather than freshly squeezed juice.

Did you see that they actually have french fries too? *pengz*
Old 30-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #9993
High Supremacy Member

Same, i prefer river palace too. I find the fishes at river palace better. The later orders of fried fishes at SCDH tends to have this dirty oil smell. I dun get the same thing at river palace.

There is also the duck which i liked too. Then there is also the very decent sashimi. River palace cheaper too, so its river palace FTW for me.

However, like Carey said, if you like spicy food, then SCDH tends to have much better n spicier dishes, esp their 水煮牛肉. SCDH also has much better ambience n view.

Aiyah, both SCDH, river palace as well as cathay are the better chinese ala carte buffets. You will not go wrong with any of them.
Scallops, prawns, soft shell crabs haha

I prefer spicy mah haha

I never tried the sashimi though lol
Old 30-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #9994
Great Supremacy Member

Errrr, the shop name is 老火汤 wor. i dun have any expectations for the rest of the food

Of cos you can just have the soup n meat, but still same price Likely its just packaged orange juice rather than freshly squeezed juice.

Did you see that they actually have french fries too? *pengz*
near my house there are 2 stalls of 老火汤 and 1 of the stall sell chicken rice too... i bought and ate it once. cmi.

haha didn't notice they got french fries, till you mentioned.. not going to order that.. unless their french fries is carl juniors standard.
Old 30-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #9995
Master Member

near my house there are 2 stalls of 老火汤 and 1 of the stall sell chicken rice too... i bought and ate it once. cmi.

haha didn't notice they got french fries, till you mentioned.. not going to order that.. unless their french fries is carl juniors standard.
even the mee sua set they sell, can only see, cannot eat..
Old 30-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #9996
Arch-Supremacy Member

SCDH or River palace more value for money ?

Both got Eat 4 Pay 3 .
the cathay also got 4 pay 3... but weekday only...

regards,
wacky
Old 01-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #9997
Master Member

just saw nan xiang vouchers are on sale. however t&c got limitation on no. of vouchers to use.

40% off $25 Cash Voucher at Nan Xiang Steamed Bun Restaurant (Bugis & Plaza Singapura) - Enjoy Award Winning Xiao Long Bao and Other Delicacies

Conditions
  • Voucher is valid from 30 Jun 2012 to 26 Aug 2012
  • Splitting of bill per table is not allowed
  • Limited to utilization of 2 vouchers per table per bill only
  • Strictly for dine-in only
Old 01-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #9998
Master Member

Anyone interested in this? Spread is very small, but if the food is good, esp the soups, still okay.

got people buy this deal?
Old 01-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #9999
Supremacy Member

got people buy this deal?
I am happy buying the soup alone. The soups near my place is good. So I don't see the deal as fantastic.
shalome likes this.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #10000
Supremacy Member

The fishes really made the deal sweet. Yea, the duck is good too. No loss if the duck skin is a one time order. Other one time orders also not very attractive, like the sharksfin soup and bak gua. Oh, I think I remembered the dong po rou to be very good too.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #10001
Great Supremacy Member

just saw nan xiang vouchers are on sale. however t&c got limitation on no. of vouchers to use.

40% off $25 Cash Voucher at Nan Xiang Steamed Bun Restaurant (Bugis & Plaza Singapura) - Enjoy Award Winning Xiao Long Bao and Other Delicacies

Conditions
  • Voucher is valid from 30 Jun 2012 to 26 Aug 2012
  • Splitting of bill per table is not allowed
  • Limited to utilization of 2 vouchers per table per bill only
  • Strictly for dine-in only
that time went with wacky and the others... bill come 200 dollars and don order the big long bao.. cheat people money..
Old 01-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #10002
Arch-Supremacy Member

that time went with wacky and the others... bill come 200 dollars and don order the big long bao.. cheat people money..
that's because u guys all big eaters and we eating as if we jiak buffet... end up busting the # of vouchers we bought buy alot... think we could have bought extra 2 coupons... and $200++ i remember is b4 the voucher... after voucher den is about $160... if we had another 2 vouchers it would drop to $130 or so..

regards,
wacky
Old 01-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #10003
Administrator

Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here
Connecting IT to You

Should you need to reach out to someone in charge, please PM the respective forum's moderator or start a discussion topic in the Online Membership/Feedback Forum.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.