Foodies to bring overseas

mitus87

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm going to work in the USA soon and was wondering what local food to bring (especially those you will miss), keeping in mind some stuffs can be found there as well.. Let me know your suggestions ;)

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spicy instant noodles
flavour packs for chicken rice, laksa,etc
bah kwa?

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those ready to cook pre-mix spices and paste like laksa, curry, chicken rice, rendang etc... These are easy to pack without taking up a lot of spaces in your luggage.

pacetone

Reaction score
Whenever I'm oversea for a long time, I need my dose of hae bee hiam. That is really my comfort food.

WuTianDao

Reaction score
Instant noodles is a must. I go France , if no instant noodle , think I won't be able to survived there long.

DrftKg

Reaction score
kaya spread is a must to go with eggs and bread personally prefer those less sugar ones like xo fong yit,
instant pastes like chicken rice paste, bak kut teh, etc.
instant food like prawn mee from kang kang, laksa, etc.

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Instant pastes - eg. Prima deli char kway teow, prima deli chicken rice, prima deli satay, A1 chicken curry, bak kut teh packets of you like.

Kaya can make, not that tough.

But it really depends which part of usa you're going to, you can find many items at the Chinatown region.

Sent from x using GAGT

seniorcare

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm going to work in the USA soon and was wondering what local food to bring (especially those you will miss), keeping in mind some stuffs can be found there as well.. Let me know your suggestions ;)

i bought Milo packs, lots of instant noodles (i brought CQYD, but u can choose your favourite brands), some packets of chilli sauce.
actually the instant noodles form the bulk of my luggage.

when i was in the usa, the first thing i do is to locate the nearest asian grocery store nearby. very important. :D

i found one, with yeos drinks and yeos canned food (did not even realised yeos does canned food like chicken curry diced cubes). overall a lot more expensive, but worth it. lol

hope u find 1 good one!

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you stayed in any major cities along the west coast, you will find all the stuffs including prima laksa instant noodles in Asian grovery stores.. You don't really have to bring anything

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.