Healthy Foods in Singapore

curry_boi88

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll... i was just wondering, what is considered as healthy food in Singapore? i know alot of us like to eat out and tht is what alot of Singaporeans do:s13:

im asking this simply bcz i would like to cut down on unhealthy food .... Need to loose weight lor :s12:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
healthy food..?? u can ask 6zorro6 ...:s13:

anyway while it's good to eat healthier... u can also exercise more to reduce weight... anyway one of my new year's resolution this yr is to get rid of excess fats especially around tummy area... to reduce the size of that belly... so i try to do as many sit-ups and push-ups everyday now as i could.... :o

regards,
wacky

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vegetarian food counted?

Depending on what you eat, if veggies dishes, of course healthy but on the other hand all those deep fried items or cabo dishes are not really healthy either.

kyma

Master Member
Reaction score
The general rule of thumb is this: the less processed the foods you eat, the healthier they are. In other words, the less hands the foods have to go through before reaching you mouth, the healthier they are. Weight loss is a different issue. To lose weight, you have to take in less calories than you expend. In Singapore, it is recommended to take 2 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruits per day. In Taiwan, it is recommended to take 5 servings of vegetables and fruits for children, 7 servings for female adults and 9 servings for male adults.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's several things:

- Increase of metabolic rate

Metabolism

- Exercise

- Balanced diet. Most diets are unsustainable as they require foods which we don't like. Reduce the intake of the unhealthy stuff to reduce cravings. It's a highly complex subject and even experts finding out new stuff everyday. For a start reduce intake of noodles, bread and rice. It worked for me.

- Learn about Glycemic index of foods and apply to the your diet depending on lifestyle.

Glycemic Index

An interesting and funny website. Makes a lot of sense (at least to me)

Fat Head

klanse

Reaction score
Yong tau foo. fish bee hoon(without milk??)

Last edited:

gundamhamtaro

Reaction score
think best way is to cook everything yrself, and of course u must limit the amt of salt/suger etc u add into yr own food

Mr_AliMaMa

Banned
Reaction score
From the answers here it seems that nobody knows.

I guess the best is to eat from the mixed rice store. If you order with no rice it's more expensive.

I guess just eat with the rice. 2 meat choose maybe fish and chicken prefably not fried and then 1 veggie preferably green veggies.

I guess this suggestion should be the healthies you can find by eating out.

Oh yes japanese food is healthy too. Sushi is fresh, maybe not as good as japan's standard though. Eat japanese rice, their steamed chicken and miso soup etc and that's pretty healthy too.

Healthy fast food should be subway. MOS burger should be much healthier than mac or kfc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.