Lai Lai.. support grandpa's cafe leh

BunnyPancake

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Firstly, I am not related to this ah gong. I notice this small cafe 2-weeks ago when I taking bus 21 passing by Changi (my office at Joo Chiat Complex area).

Then I saw this cafe "Uncle Lim's cafe", so I decided to drop by.

It is opened by this ah gong, I think he is like 70-80 years old.

I went there around 11am and sat till 12:30pm like that... today I went around 12pm and sat till 1:30pm.. then I realize ah gong really got no business. It is lunch hour but no one like dare to go in. The food he cook is not bad leh, but lim peh don't know why no one dare to go in.

In case you wondering, got sandwich, kopi, .etc. Like those typical coffeeshop but 'cafe' style where you can sit down and relac.

Maybe he don't know about marketing or what, not sure, but I heard him using his phone and calling people to ask them come down support because he no business :(

It is the Icon@Changi Building at Changi Road (beside Changi Lor 108). So if you all free or what, go support him leh...

Google Maps:
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x31da1810f5d217ed:0x84abaab4542483a7

The Google maps a bit outdated.. it still shows 'for rent' when it is already a shop lol.

And again hor, it is NOT mine and I got no relation to him ah. Just starting this thread hoping that people will lai support support ah gong.

So just hope you guys can share bah.. let others know, whether in facebook or if you know any cafe-hoppers.

Last edited:

BunnyPancake

Reaction score
Eh, be frank ah, I never really look at the menu properly LOL!

Cos' I go in, I see ah gong make kopi so I ask for one cup.. then I turn I saw sandwiches.. egg mayonaisse, tuna, .etc. Breakfast set also have.

They got menu but I never really go see.. but today they were selling Yong Tau Fu.

Beside this cafe got 7-eleven, mama-shop, and some moneylender shop lol. Then behind is a malay coffeeshop. The rest is office/business shops liao. 1 bus stop away is Joo Chiat's 'night-life'... all the KTV, restaurant, .etc.

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, be frank ah, I never really look at the menu properly LOL!

Cos' I go in, I see ah gong make kopi so I ask for one cup.. then I turn I saw sandwiches.. egg mayonaisse, tuna, .etc. Breakfast set also have.

They got menu but I never really go see.. but today they were selling Yong Tau Fu.

Beside this cafe got 7-eleven, mama-shop, and some moneylender shop lol. Then behind is a malay coffeeshop. The rest is office/business shops liao. 1 bus stop away is Joo Chiat's 'night-life'... all the KTV, restaurant, .etc.
Aiya wanna support but stays in the west

Aresden

Reaction score
its true tat sometimes gd food not noticed due to lack of marketing and awareness etc...
Last time in AMK got this western stall chic-a-boo very nice and reasonably priced beside the Astons there, now gone T_T

BunnyPancake

Reaction score
w00t, some good news today :)

I dropped by again for lunch during this afternoon around 12:55pm, and today at least there's a group of customers. Got sexy OLs too, but haizz... lim peh wear **** up and machiam look like Uncle. Nb. Anyway...

I can sense Ah Gong's happiness and he was smiling more often today. I ordered Mee Rebus (it was tasty and delicious) and a cup of Kopi and was enjoying my moment when suddenly another group of office people started patronizing the shop.

So I decided to faster eat and help Ah Gong return the utensils for the new group of customers. He really look more positive today. And for some reason, I felt happy too lol.

But then, not sure if it is just today or what. Just hope his cafe will prosper and be profitable. Huat arh!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.