Mark up in pricing via Food Panda?

nivlac9

Reaction score
Anyone realized that the menu pricing for FP is approx 10-15% higher than the actual menu price from the F&B outlet? This is on top of the $3 delivery fee.

For e.g. The brown rice on menu is $2 but the check out price on FP is $2.68. That is a pretty high mark up 😳

5GffenV.jpg

Vs
C9w1huF.jpg

Presume this is to incorporate the 7% GST, and in some cases service tax of 10%?

Should at least be a little more transparent about the pricing though...

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
I think this is common. IIRC, fast food also mark up their prices for delivery.

Arcanell

Reaction score
common practice.. food panda takes a cut in every delivery..

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
70% got what they deserved. They thought Australia food price is expensive and say $10. Now they pay the same.

Anyone realized that the menu pricing for FP is approx 10-15% higher than the actual menu price from the F&B outlet? This is on top of the $3 delivery fee.

For e.g. The brown rice on menu is $2 but the check out price on FP is $2.68. That is a pretty high mark up 😳

5GffenV.jpg

Vs
C9w1huF.jpg

Presume this is to incorporate the 7% GST, and in some cases service tax of 10%?

Should at least be a little more transparent about the pricing though...

devilguy

Reaction score
I made some reference for the food I always eat in CBD, some restaurants do not charge service fee + gst, however these apps charges consumers higher. I agree it should be more transparent. If I more items, the extra cost is actually quite significant. I prefer to use other apps like laborme to help me to dabao to my offfice with no increase in food cost. What u see in the restaurant receipt, u just pay to the person in cash, the service fee up to u to decide.

jeremiah!

Reaction score
I think the same goes to all of the food delivery services. Browsed through the bingsoo shop through ubereats the other day and realised it's a few dollars more expensive?

GrandJedi

Reaction score
Think you'll find this mark up on most food delivery platforms

I noticed food price differences between Deliveroo, UberEats and FoodPanda too... Not sure who is the cheapest or they change it all the time..:(

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The additional mark up prices are the fees charged to the restaurant. Since most restaurant dun want to eat into their own margins, the price increased is the income to the provider.

babyrobo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes cos food panda gets a cut of something between 15-25% of your restaurant bill

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.