My Lei Cha Lunch

keith88

Reaction score
My first Lei Cha !

Observed the long queue at this stall since the reopening of the market @ Holland Drive Food Centre about 6 months ago. Decided to take the leap of faith to queue and find out whats the craze about.

Ldm.jpg

LDM2.jpg

Bought a set and an additional LinDaMa specialty tofu from the stall. The tofu is really good. I didn’t mix the soup to the rice because it tastes like it contains parsley which I don't eat.

At first, I thought that it will be ‘dry’ if I eat just the rice and the ingredients only but I was wrong. The combination of the veggies and nuts somehow didn’t give me the dry feeling. The veggies have this fragrance and the nuts give you the crunchy texture.

I think they cater to vegetarians too cos i saw someone telling the auntie "vegetarian". They probably have a version without meat.

After eating this lin da ma lei cha, I am kinda hooked to lei cha ( without the soup). I think this is our very own eastern salad for the chinese. Any bros who like to eat vegetables should try this.

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
want to eat healthy, lei cha is about as healthy as it gets
want to eat authentic, then this stall is about as authentic as it gets

definitely must try if you are a fan or even never eat before, you should try this first if not you will always think thunder tea rice is something else. because singapore has got all kinds of "non-authentic" food posing as the real deal while singaporeans all gong gong go eat

serangoon1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My hubby bought it last week.

And I gave it a try.

I don't like the taste of soup. Tasted like liquorice candy.

However when my hubby poured soup into bowl, the taste no longer overwhelming.

Last edited:

reds_gab

Reaction score
Yes, the meat is likely a side dish - Hakka liang dou fu or other meat-based side dishes.

If meat or jiang yu is added as an important part of the main leicha dish, then it may not be authentic leicha.

I am Hakka so I know. :D

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, the meat is likely a side dish - Hakka liang dou fu or other meat-based side dishes.

If meat or jiang yu is added as an important part of the main leicha dish, then it may not be authentic leicha.

I am Hakka so I know. :D

Which is the best stall for leicha here in SG? :):)

reds_gab

Reaction score
Which is the best stall for leicha here in SG? :):)

It's hard to decide which is the best, cos some stalls use a slightly different combination of vegetables for the soup or add tiny bits of dried shrimps to the rice bowl (ask before you buy if you are a vegetarian). Nowadays, some stalls ever offer the brown rice option. Perhaps , more people can list leicha stalls in Singapore here?

I'll start with my favorite one:
珍發擂茶飯 zhen fa lei cha fan in a coffee shop at Blk 349 Jurong East Street 31. (Their old address at Blk 345 is still listed on blog sites. Dun get tricked. This is the most current address)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.